The NEW Batman?

Discussion in 'DC Comics' started by PhotoJones, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Kitsune Fox of Ages

Nah, if Batman dies, Joker will realize that his obsession with Batman is due to unrequited love, and Joker will take the mantle and attempt to be a good guy.

2. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

But he'd still have the occasional bit of Harley poon, of course.

3. David Rice Registered

I didn't know that.

4. yenaled 3X2(9YZ)4A

To be fair also, there is a Batman is going to die rumour EVERY SINGLE YEAR usually started by LITG plus Rich has said Kyle Rayner is dying about 5000 times.

The guy while he has a good track record is not faultless at all.

5. Varient Guru for Geeks

(((((((((((((((( SHIVER ))))))))))))))))))))))))))

6. Kitsune Fox of Ages

No, in the tradition of Batman he would only sleep with young boys dressed as Robin. (This is from the Jokers point of view)

7. SouLeSS Registered

So I guess the whole "Hi, I'm Dick Grayson, you might remember me from the Flying Graysons in which my whole family was killed, which is why I fight crime and why I was taken in by Bruce Wayne" thing just never happened then.

8. Benstamania Go away.

Like I said in the Batman comics thread on the Batboards.

IF DC does this, and that's a HUGE if (I don't believe they'll really kill him) I think something would happen along the lines of Bruce faking his own death. Maybe someone close to him is murdered (Alfred?) and he has to go into the underbelly of Gotham to find out who. He can't do it as Bruce Wayne, and he can't do it as Batman...he has to "become" one of them to get to the bottom of it. How can he give up both Batman and Bruce Wayne? Simple, fake your death as Bruce Wayne, Maybe a plane crash in the middle of the ocean. I'm sure that Dick would take up the mantle in that case, if need be. Maybe have it play out for a year. About a year later after Bruce has found out who the person is and gets the evidence, he could suddenly be found on an island somewhere. ( Set up by him and Dick ) Maybe even throw in Superman to help out with a few issues and everything is good to go.

It would have to be the murder of someone close to Bruce though and something that would make him go this route....sadly, the only person I can really think of is Alfred...but who would murder Alfred?

Eh, just a thought...and that's only if DC goes with "Death of Bruce Wayne" crap...which I doubt.

9. Kitsune Fox of Ages

Yeah, I know what you mean. Joker is pretty sick...

Oh BTW, do you post on the Antarctic Press boards?

10. Arkady Rossovich Registered

I won't buy any new Batman comic if Bruce Wayne is dead,only paperbacks for me.DC must be really desperate to even think of this.

11. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I'd gladly buy Batman comics if Bruce died because I know it wouldn't be permanent. At this stage, Marvel and DC can kill off literally any of their major characters and I will know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they're coming back. It's bad business for them not to, and Marvel and DC have proven that they'll always go for the easy business.

Now, if DC killed off Zauriel or Kilowog, I'd be pissed because they might actually stay dead.

12. Harlekin Business

Well, y'know, not Zauriel, being an angel and all.

13. sethcohen still beats hal...

corp, correct me if im wrong, but im almost positive they have killed zauriel and he just goes back to heaven, right? you would know better than i

oh... and kill the bat!

14. Fledermaus Registered

It's odd that you felt you had to ask Corp to correct you.

15. ShadowBoxing Registered

I was wondering when someone would finally come out and say this.

16. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

You know what I mean. :cmad:
    Yes, technically Zauriel does just go back to Heaven when he dies, and he can just as easily hop back down to the mortal plane from there. So he never really dies. But I meant if they got rid of Zauriel for good somehow, as many people seem to think they'd do to Bruce Wayne.

17. sethcohen still beats hal...

well 2 things usually happen to characters like zauriel... someone who grew up reading them loves them and decides to make them all they can be when they get a writing job like johns is trying to do with booster gold or some jackass who has no idea what to do with the character makes him a sacrificial lamb like dan didio seems to like to do with every charlton character...

18. ShadowBoxing Registered

All I can say is: fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

19. SuBe Voluntaryist

This is the saddest news I've read all day, But I call BS. DC is smarter than that. If they wanted to Rock the Boat they could do this, but from a realistic stand point, it would make it easier for everyone track down who Batman is because the funding for Batman comes from Bruces wealth. It would be screwed up.

20. sethcohen still beats hal...

dude, you think bats hasnt thought of that? he had viable plans to take down the entire JLA! he knows he could buy it any day, im sure he has things nicely wrapped up in the event he should die.

21. sandwraith The Trailblazer Awakens

well...if DC is trying to set up jason todd for the role...well...we all remember what happend to the "new" Flash. I can't think of anyone less deserving of a beatdown like that.

22. GoldenAgeHero Registered

haha barts death was hilarious.

23. NotFadeAway Registered

Terry Mcginnis!!!!(sp)

24. PhotoJones Registered

That would actually be one of the only ways I'd keep reading. If DC introduced Terry McGinnis into the DCU, I'd totally buy it. I loved Batman Beyond.

25. Memphis Slim Registered

all of these writers must have writers block......

Death of Superman
    Death of Capt America
    Death of Blue Beetle
    Death of Batman

They run out of ideas and the first thing they do is kill the character.