First Avenger The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying THEY don't think the current candidates are capable of pulling off a super-soldier. Obviously, if that were the case, they wouldn't be considering them (I hope), lol. I'm just saying that I personally don't...which is why I think they're terrible choices to begin with.

Also, we don't know how much of the movie focuses on pre-serum Steve. For all we know, the whole 1st act of the movie could be that (for the record, I hope not, but we don't know). Whatever the case, Johnson made it clear that he does care about that part being convincing, and that IS factoring into his casting decision.

Yeah, I know. They may think all of these choices could pull off Cap both pre- and post- serum. I think they are mistaken, because some of these guys would be totally unbelievable as Cap (Bethel, Phillipe).

It's not Marvel's age restriction, it's the character's. He isn't 40 when he enlists and it makes no sense for him to be

Yeah, I know. But, damn, he's got the perfect look. I mean, he screams Cap.

Hell, just use the CG they're using on Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy to de-age Aaron a bit. Anything to get that guy in the suit.

Yeah, I know. They may think all of these choices could pull off Cap both pre- and post- serum. I think they are mistaken, because some of these guys would be totally unbelievable as Cap (Bethel, Phillipe).
We're totally agreed there. The ONLY two people on this list who I personally could see possibly pulling off both those aspects of Cap are Evans and Vogel (the latter being questionable), which is why they both got my vote in the poll. But the only person there I truly want to see in the part is Evans - Vogel's just the only one who I think I could give the benefit of the doubt to if he won the part. I've been watching Phillippe in movies for over half my lifetime now (I'm 24), and I've never, EVER seen him do anything that makes me think he could be a convincing post-serum Cap. Tatum's just godawful, and Bethel's darn creepy.

I was hoping there would be some movement when I got home from work. No dice!

They have to be close to a decision, or already made one and they're just laughing at us. I can't believe the same people who made all the great choices for Iron Man and Incredible Hulk are suddenly paralyzed with indecision when it comes to Cap. I suppose they could just be taking their time and looking at everyone very carefully but at some point you just have to make your pick and run with it.

Hell, just use the CG they're using on Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy to de-age Aaron a bit. Anything to get that guy in the suit.

Yeah that's because Bridges is pretty crucial to Tron...

Marvel has a clean slate to draft a young actor and develop a bunch of Captain America's with him.

Also, the $$$ it would take to CGI Eckhart over 9 films would be insane!

I was hoping there would be some movement when I got home from work. No dice!

They have to be close to a decision, or already made one and they're just laughing at us.
I can't believe the same people who made all the great choices for Iron Man and Incredible Hulk are suddenly paralyzed with indecision when it comes to Cap. I suppose they could just be taking their time and looking at everyone very carefully but at some point you just have to make your pick and run with it.

That's kind of a hope of mine, too.

At this point, I'm wishing that they already have Cap cast, and they're going to unleash a Captain America teaser before Iron Man 2 in 6 weeks that will announce the actor of Cap.

Not gonna happen, but it would be an epic marketing ploy.

My dream pick for Cap is Teddy Sears, but of the actors on the poll I like Chris Evans.

Dude. I don't care.

Keanu is Ted "Theodore" Logan
Shatner is Kirk
Hamil is Luke
Reeve is Superman

and for me

Chris Evans is the Human Torch.

And I don't acknowledge Deadpool. I don't read Archie either.

torch.gif
torch.gif
torch.gif

blink,

I don't care what Marvel says...they're not making nine films. They may WANT to but the logistics of doing that is next too impossible...especially when it comes to egos and money....

out of this list? probably phillipe. maybe evans as a close second.

Dude. I don't care.

Keanu is Ted "Theodore" Logan
Shatner is Kirk
Hamil is Luke
Reeve is Superman

and for me

Chris Evans is the Human Torch.

And I don't acknowledge Deadpool. I don't read Archie either.

So you're never going to ever enjoy another Star Trek or Superman movie because of that? Thats some narrowminded fanboyism right there.

Wondering how the old one died when it was averaging 2000 posts a day.

Wondering how the old one died when it was averaging 2000 posts a day.
Threads with 10,000+ posts slow the Hype down so threads get closed when they reach 10,000 posts. I think is the second or third new Cap casting thread now.

Okay, who voted for Wilson?
I rather see Wilson from Cast Away then Bethel in the role.

I prefer "other" and hope we get someone who we have not heard about yet.

Ah. The same way I enjoy James Bond without Sean Connery. Also you think I approach this from a character focus.

No.

I'm talking about the actors.

That doesn't really make sense... you can't have the character without the actors... If Evans is Captain America, you get both at once. Also, don't forget what actors get paid to do..... Act. Tying an actor to one role is a little silly and narrow minded, especially one as forgettable as Human Torch from F4. Not saying Evans wasn't a good Johnny Storm, just that it was hardly an iconic film or character. If we were talking someone else playing Jack Sparrow or Hannibal Lecter or something, fair enough, but seriously, who will honestly care? At most, for a general audience, people will just go "oh, I recognise that guy"... As for us fans, unless the guy actually acts like he did as Human Torch, I don't see what the problem would be. The assumption is that whoever is cast did a good job in auditions, and portrayed a convincing Cap, i dont see any reason why he cant at least be given the benefit of the doubt. Also, if the Cap movie is a success, he'll quickly become a lot more of an iconic figure than Johnny Storm ever was or will be, with 9 movies, avengers and all, and being tied into already succesful franchises. In short, I stand by original comment of silly fanboy narrow mindedness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"