The New "It" Man of 2013 - Who Will Hollywood Try & Shove Down Our Throats?

LordofhouseEl

Sidekick
Reaction score
What actor do you think Hollywood will hoist as the next best thing in 2013?

In 2010 we had Sam Worthington

In 2011 we had Alex Pettyfer

In 2012 we had Taylor Kitsch.

2013?????

Benedict Cumberbatch is poised to have a big 2013.

The villain in Star Trek Into Darkness, Smaug and The Necromancer in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, a third (and possibly final) series of Sherlock, a supporting role in Steve McQueen's Twelve Years a Slave and The Man Who Sold the World (aka "the WikiLeaks movie") which could be out by year's end.

The obvious answer is, of course, Henry Cavill in the event The Man of Steel takes off.

Benedict Cumberbatch is poised to have a big 2013.
With a name like that which doesn't have that special "it factor" ring to it, he might go the way of others like Hugh Grant and Jude Law

The obvious answer is, of course, Henry Cavill in the event The Man of Steel takes off.
Henry's the only one I can think of too, I sure hope MOS becomes a hit but doesn't make Henry typecasted.

Make no mistake, 2013 will be the year Dwayne Johnson made it. (at least that's the way the magazine covers will be sold).

As for the "new it guy" It will no doubt be the new superman given his movie is a success.

^ Dwayne Johnson isn't a fresh face anymore he's already been doing movies a number of years, his "IT" factor has already passed.

With a name like that which doesn't have that special "it factor" ring to it, he might go the way of others like Hugh Grant and Jude Law

More like, with a face like that.

I will say Eddie Redmayne will be the lucky fellow.

Charlie Hunnam seems to be our guy. He shares the same traits as his predecessors, and Pacific Rim is poised to be his showcase.

^ Dwayne Johnson isn't a fresh face anymore he's already been doing movies a number of years, his "IT" factor has already passed.

It guys don't have to be new is all I'm saying.
Gosling arrived long before he became the "it" guy that year, same with Tatum, same with Pine and even Hardy.

Let me rephrase my context here.

Anne Hathaway is most definitely the "it" woman/starlet right now(especially after she nabs the oscar. At the same time, she's hardly new.
I assume that's not what this thread is, but that's what I meant.

4 straight months of hits(here's hoping), one of which being a bay movie, and he will be man of the year. Bet on it.
(I bring up the bay movie context considering what it's done for many a star in previous years).

The Rock could've made it as big as he is now half a decade ago if he wasn't doing Disney comedies.

I had to Google Alex Pettyfer.

More like, with a face like that.
My the name alone I was guessing he was British and after checking IMDB I was so correct, and yeah he's not exactly a pretty boy but he must have some quality that females might dig.

Yeah, I don't think Pettyfer was even close to the "It" guy for 2011. Maybe R-Pat or even JGL.

My guesses for 2013 to be a breakout year: Channing Tatum (GI Joe refilmed just for him; also White House Down, Foxcatcher and Side Effects; plus riding the wave of a very successful 2012), Nicholas Hoult (Jack the Giant Slayer, Warm Bodies, Mad Max; with a return as Beast in XMDOFP in 2014); James Badge Dale (IM3, Lone Ranger villain, World War Z), and Sharlto Copley (Elysium, Oldboy, Open Grave, Europa; with Maleficent on the horizon in 2014).

Is there a criteria for this thread?

I only say this because Worthington was the only one I felt was "shoved" since he was given all this praise before any of his films came out. All the other guys I've seen said in this thread just seem to have the luck of many projects coming out within the same year.

I don't think guys like Cumberbatch and JGL really fit into this type of category. They've been putting together solid resumes for years and so having a big breakout year isn't really a shocker.

This title is reserved for guys like Pettyfer and Worthington who were in hardly anything (or in Worthington's case, a bunch of crap hardly anybody saw) and then some genius in Hollywood said, "DURRRR LET'S MAKE A STAAAAAAAAR OUTTA THIS GUY!!!!"

my guess is Liam Hemsworth

Hunger Games sequel
Paranoia with gary oldman and harrison ford
Empire State with the rock

Yeah, I mean I noticed because I think he's hot lol, but I was also actively seeking out his films for that reason. None of his films were quite upper Hollywood level.

Yeah, I mean I noticed because I think he's hot lol, but I was also actively seeking out his films for that reason. None of his films were quite upper Hollywood level.

I had to Google him because I didn't know who he was. I recognized him from seeing commercials for his recent films, but I didn't know his name.

Basically Hollywood is looking for a guy that has the looks of a boy band member with the acting skills of a Shakesperian actor who can make girls wet and guys want in every franchise imaginable.

I'm pretty sure they're banking on Nicholas Hoult to do something. Jack the Giant Beater, Warm Bodies, and a possible role in Days of Future Past if he does something more with Beast, and he's only 23 to boot and has a clean slate, so to speak. I don't know what to think of him yet, in interviews he just seems like a regular 23 year old dude, not really deadpan nor is he really excitable.

Pretty sure Channing Tatum should be up on that list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"