The New Soul Glo Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long Live The New Soul Glo :up:

I'm going to see Kanye West tonight (don't Hate my friend got me a ticket) although I hear common is supporting :woot:

Also to bring some international flavour to the thread
Sir Trevor McDonald (Black Knight)
_543728_sir_trevor_mcdonald300.jpg

The Fosters
fosters.jpg

Sway
GetChrisJackson_2sway4.jpg

Who are these folks? Even the last last photo with the guys doing the "Don't you think 'um hardcore" pose. :woot:

Speaking of Black, is anyone interested in that new movie, "This Christmas" that came out yesterday?

-TNC

Speaking of Black, is anyone interested in that new movie, "This Christmas" that came out yesterday?

-TNC

Ebert gave it three stars and said it's like the screwball comedies of the 40's. So that's quite an endorsement. I think we have one black family comedy every Christmas, that's the quid pro quo.

I don't think "This Christmas" looks like it's worth seeing in theaters, but I'll probably see it on dvd.

Anybody into jazz?
I have a local "smooth jazz" station pre-set on my car radio. I listen to it every once in a while, but I don't pay attention to the names of bands.

Long Live The New Soul Glo :up:

I'm going to see Kanye West tonight (don't Hate my friend got me a ticket) although I hear common is supporting :woot:

Sway
GetChrisJackson_2sway4.jpg

I saw Kanye when he came to Philly, it was amazing and I wish Common and/or Talib would have come out. And Sway's pretty good from the little bit that I've heard from him. Could you recommend any cd's of his

On Steroids in Baseball - ALL players should get a "pass" for before a certain date because it's use was known and supported in Baseball FOR DECADES.

On Stevie Wonder - I'm sure it was good, I saw him in San Diego a few years ago.

On the last two slo glo threads,.. I expect this one will be removed the first time some one "doesn't feel welcome" but I'll read and contribute until that point.

Peace.

Thing is, all professional sports have players that use steroids, and all players in every sport get tested for it. The only reason baseball players are getting caught more often is because the players don't know how to control their sport the way (for instance) football players do. Baseball players can be given random drug tests at any time. Football players all get tested at a predetermined date, and are given an advanced notice.

On the last two slo glo threads,.. I expect this one will be removed the first time some one "doesn't feel welcome" but I'll read and contribute until that point.

Honestly Varient, I think the less that sort of thing is mentioned in this thread, the more peaceful it will be :up: Just sit back and let your soul glo! :hyper:

On the steroids issue...

It's unacceptable, and I think a permanent lifetime ban for one offense should be mandatory.

Ebert gave it three stars and said it's like the screwball comedies of the 40's. So that's quite an endorsement. I think we have one black family comedy every Christmas, that's the quid pro quo.

Since Ebert is the critic that I agree with 90% of the time, I'll see this film...on DVD. I don't see Christmas films in the theater. Bring on Will Smith in I Am Legend.

agreed. This movie ain't the type you seen in theaters IMHO. But who knows.

Hmm...well, maybe with a girl, if she talked me into it. That's it, though. :o

yeah, I am Legend is the only movie i plan on seeing in December in theaters. :o

I might check out The Polar Express. I never heard of the book, and when I saw the trailer, I thought it'd be some kiddish movie, like The Chronicles of Narnia was. I did find out that it is far from kiddish, so who knows. I will also check out Sweeney Todd, because you can't say no to Depp. I might see National Treasure: Book of Secrets if the critics like it enough, and Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem is the action film I'll more than likely waste my money on.

Actually we're getting two. The second one looks like a typical bad black comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"