The New Ultimate DC RPG - Season II

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well.....lovely weather we're having."

He growls and grabs me by the shoulder. I go flying through the air and crash into a nearby shelf filled with Xboxes. I fall to the ground with a thud as the game consoles hit me and fall to the floor.

Told him to keep his distance.

Running past Question as he tried to crawl back to his feet, The Dark Knight vaulted over a shelf of DVD's and flipped into a somersault, slamming both heels of his boots into the enraged brute that had tossed the grown man with ease. While he could admit to himself that the taser attack had provided a necessary distraction, Batman still didn't trust The Question to keep himself out of harm's way. He had been following his vigilante rival's exploits through The Gotham Globe ever since their last encounter, and what he had read didn't necessarily inspire the greatest confidence in the Question's supposed training - if he even had that to begin with. But in his experience, Batman knew that he couldn't convince the vigilante to leave, so he'd either have to force him away, or try and make the idiot's presence useful.

Grabbing the nightstick that had been dropped during the scuffle, Batman tossed it back to Question just as he managed to work himself into a stand.

"Keep the other one distracted. Think you can handle that?"

Obviously surprised by Batman's attempt to help him carry on the fight, Question nodded and ran for the other one while it was still dazed. Reaching into his belt, Batman noticed that the other three thugs - the ones that weren't as prominently strong - were trying to grab crowbars from the back room in order to ambush the two masked heroes. Reaching into his belt, he produced his own counter measure. Two specially designed escrima sticks that were able to attach to the other's end, forming a large metal staff. Locking them in place, Batman twirled the weapon in his hands and smirked as the thugs looked at eachother with hesitation.

"Alright, gentlemen..."

rpg2u.png

"Let's go."

Grabbing the nightstick that had been dropped during the scuffle, Batman tossed it back to Question just as he managed to work himself into a stand.

"Keep the other one distracted. Think you can handle that?"

Obviously surprised by Batman's attempt to help him carry on the fight, Question nodded and ran for the other one while it was still dazed. Reaching into his belt, Batman noticed that the other three thugs - the ones that weren't as prominently strong - were trying to grab crowbars from the back room in order to ambush the two masked heroes. Reaching into his belt, he produced his own counter measure. Two specially designed escrima sticks that were able to attach to the other's end, forming a large metal staff. Locking them in place, Batman twirled the weapon in his hands and smirked as the thugs looked at eachother with hesitation.

"Alright, gentlemen..."

rpg2u.png

"Let's go."

Dammit! I break out my cool switchbladeish nightstick and what does he do? He pulls out a goddamn staff out of his pants. Note to self: get a bo-staff.

"Rrrragh!"

The big guy in a suit runs down the aisle towards me. He's big as a brick house, and moves like one.

"Know what my favorite musical is?"

I run towards him and slide head first between his legs. I pivot and get my legs in position.

"The nutcracker!"

I kick up and drive my foot right into the whole ball-groin-taint-area. The big man lets out a groan and falls to his knees just as I roll out of harm's way.

"You...you sonfa*****. I'm gonna kill you!"

"Try me," I call out. He looks around, scanning through the store for me. "What's wrong? Fat-baby get an owie?"

"Shut up!" He snarls as he climbs to his feet. The muscle-bound freak stomps through the store, trying in vain to find me.

"Don't like the fat jokes?"

"I'm not fat! I just have big bones!"

"I didn't realize the ass was a bone. You're so fat, you bleed gravy."

"GODDAMMIT! SHUT UP!" Spittle begins flying from his mouth as he goes into a rage.

"You are so fat that people walk around you for exercise."

"SHUT! UP!"

I step out of the shadows, clutching a plasma TV.

"I can't find anything to watch, let's see what you find!"

WHAM!

The TV shatters on his head and the would-be robber falls to the floor in a heap as the electricity from the TV courses through him. I unplug the television and check his pulse. He's alive, but unconscious.

"And they always say nothing good is on...."

Yes, I realize that pun didn't make that much sense. I just wanted to make one, dammit!

Last edited:
"Get him!"

With the first crowbar swinging directly for his head, Batman manages to easily sidestep the poor attempt at a strike and counter it by slamming the end of his staff against the thug's temple, knocking him to the ground. The other two rush, but it proves to be a futile attempt as Batman brings the staff upwards and into a spin, hitting them both with the adjacent metal tips. The first attacker manages to leap back to his feet and lunge at the vigilante, but the staff comes back, slamming him down in mid-air and with a hard strike to the solar plexus. Firmly gripping the staff, Batman spins and trips the other two with a sweeping strike to their legs, effectively knocking them both into a selection of CDs and Blu-Ray players.

Seeing that the first suited brute has been downed, he notices Question standing in the corner to take an evident breather.

"Question! Where's the other..."

Hearing a growl from behind him, Batman instinctively sends a hard elbow into the brute's neck, knocking him back into another stumbling fit.

"Nevermind."

With four down and one behemoth remaining, the vigilante leaps back and slams the staff into the towering thug's skull as hard as he can. Even knowing fully well that such a hard impact would give any normal man a permanent brain damage, Batman doesn't regret it when he sees the monstrous criminal hit the middle of the service floor on his back, knowing that their evidenced levels of endurance would probably protect them from a similar fate.

Disconnecting the staff into two, he places them back into his belt and steps over the unconscious forms of the three smaller thugs over to The Question, who does the same over the form of the suited giant that he was forced to fight alone. Noting that he was able to hold his own in a surprisingly one-sided brawl, Batman turns back to his one-time ally with a clear expression of cynicism.

Batman5-67.png

"Hh. I didn't think you had it in you."

Disconnecting the staff into two, he places them back into his belt and steps over the unconscious forms of the three smaller thugs over to The Question, who does the same over the form of the suited giant that he was forced to fight alone. Noting that he was able to hold his own in a surprisingly one-sided brawl, Batman turns back to his one-time ally with a clear expression of cynicism.

Batman5-67.png

"Hh. I didn't think you had it in you."

"Yeah, I know. But he didn't count on my knowing his one weakness: A TV to the head....and fat jokes, lots and lots of fat jokes."

I bend down over the large, unconscious man and push the television off his head.

"I've been following these guys for about two days now. Been running down a lead on these steroid freaks, trying to figure out how these two-bit thugs are becoming invincible killing machines. It's not steroids, though. Found that out a few days back. Something called Miraclo is at the heart of this. That ring a bell with you, Bats?"

“Dad this place is in Gotham city. Why would mom have it so far out?”

“Gotham was her last place of employment, she was there working with an old friend.”

“I see. Thank you for this dad.”

I guess I won’t be on this journey alone. Maybe I'll find what i need to take the next step.

Midnighter
midnighter.jpg

Gotham city, a place I haven’t been in years. Not much has change since the last time I visited, unless you want to count the recent appearance of masked vigilantes and of course the crime rate. If this warehouse has what I need I’ll be making more appearances in this city till I’ll be able to relocate. The good thing is the warehouse is just on the edge of Bludhaven and Gotham. So traveling back and forth won’t be that bad. I may have to finally get my own place and move a little closer.

While in front of the building I notice that there is an electrical padlock to open the warehouse door. I reach my hand in my back pocket and pull the directions out and scan the paper seeing if there was any combination on it and as I turn it over numbers reside on the back.

“These must be it.”

I use my two index fingers on my right hand to hold the paper up to read off it as I place in the numbers. As the padlock unlocks I then lift the door.

mn23.jpg

As I walk inside I pull the door down behind me. I start to walk around and first thing I notice is that there are a lot of boxes in this place. Some are in cardboard and most are in some pretty secure metal ones that seems to be connected to some kind of lock system. Locking around I see wires for a terminal meaning there is a computer in here.

Continuing to look around I finally find what I was looking for, the computer. I dust off the chair a bit before I sit in it. While seating I turn the computer on and while waiting for it to load I start searching the desk for anything that may have belonged to my mother or any clue to prove that this place is indeed my mothers.

While exploring the bottom right drawer I find a picture of me as a child, which proves that this place was my mothers. Just looking at the picture I feel a bit dressing but the feeling soon pass.

I look up at the computer screen and notice its done loading, I place the picture back in the drawer and closed it. As I turn my attention back to the screen I notice that it’s asking for a code. Should have known it wasn’t going to be this easy.

“Okay mom if I was you what would my password be?”

Just off the top of my head I type in here wedding day. Seconds later big X appears on the left side of the screen. That’s original. I say to myself sarcastically. So it’s safe to say that if I get three strikes the computer is going to lock up on me. Maybe it is her birthday? No that would be too obvious. I have to think like her but that’s hard to do being that I can barely remember her. What is it that meant the world to her?

I lean back in the chair still thinking of the answer, my eyes began to wonder and find its way to the drawer. The answer is me. But I know its not as simple as my name because anyone could figure that out. It would have to be something no one would figure out.

I then type in the name John and computer then gave me access to everything.

“You sure were a smart one mom. Using the name you wanted for me. Its something only your love ones could figure out.”

Now having full access to the computer I begin to go through all of the projects she had work on that would best suit my needs. While going through I found array of unfinished weapons and items for stuff to upgrade vehicles. More importantly I found a prototype for body armor and the head gear to go with it. I pull up its location in the warehouse.

E30

E30 here I come. I roll my chair back and get up from the desk and start searching. Observing the boxes I didn’t realize when I first looked at them that they were tagged, this will make my job a lot easier.

It took about 15 minutes and I’m finally at the right place. I didn’t think it would take this long to getting the E section. Going through the numbers I end up at E30. I immediately open the case.[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
mn24.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT] It’s all coming together, this suit is only the beginning, I still have a lot more to do. With everything in here I’ll be able to walk the path set before me in no time.

Last edited:
batman9.png

Gordon's heart continues to beat at a steady pace, the EKG machine's loud and robotic beeps fill the room. I've been sitting in the corner, watching him for hours. I tell the nurses and doctors that come in every hour or so that I'm here to give my boss and friend support. The truth is that I'm watching, waiting, and trying my best to get up the nerve to do what needs to be done.​

Maroni deserved to die, Dent is more of a gray area. I'd do anything in the world now to take it all back, I'd try another way to scare him. Something without so much collateral damage. What's done is done, though.​

While the last two men who crossed me ended up regretting it, Gordon is different. We've ran afoul of each other a few times in the past year, but our relationship was patched. Shaky and rocky, it's a relationship based on understanding and survival. And one that's been doomed from the start. If he lives, we will end up destroying each other. It's inevitable.​

He hasn't died yet, despite what the doctor's keep saying. It's time to help nature along. Taking a deep breath, I stand up and walk to the bed. I slip a pillow out from underneath Gordon's head and begin fluffing it up.​

The nurse's station is monitoring his heartbeat and progress, but I can cut off his air supply long enough to kill him before they get here.​

I place the pillow on Gordon's face and begin pressing down.​

Voices come outside the in the hallway and get louder. Someone's coming. I quickly pull the pillow away and slip it back under Gordon's head as the door opens.​
I walk down the hallway toward the room where my father rests, Detective Montoya leading the way. On the way over she explained what happened - how they found him in his office after shots were heard. He was lying there on the floor or his office - alone - his only companion the small bit of liquor puddled about the shattered mug lying next to him. But that's how it's always been for dad - isolating himself from everyone and everything to the point that he's in too deep to be saved from the world of horror he's created.

This is ... just so shocking. Not because I never believed it could happen to him, but because it's happened so soon. Call it cold, call it morbid, but I'd always believed Dad's actions would kill everyone else around him before it ever got to him. For him to be facing death now, it's just ... so unexpected. But that's generally how it goes, isn't it? People are rarely shocked by things they expect.

As Montoya opens the door, I step inside the room - moving through the dim light towards his bed. A man standing by the cott suddenly turns about, moving in haste as he stares at me and Renee. Analyzing him quickly, I see the badge at his waist - he's one of dad's men. I raise my gaze to his face, quickly running his facade through my mind as I try to identify him. I recognize him, just barely, but I've seen him before. The night Holiday broke into my house, he was there along with another officer. Critiquing his demeanor further, an eerie feeling washes over me.

"Inspector," Renee speaks, coming up fast behind me. "What're you doing here?"

-Chichen Itza, Yucatan, Mexico-

The Chichen Itza is The most well-preserved archaeological site of pre-Columbian civilization, Chichen Itza was a major Mayan city. In the center is a monument that resembles an ancient pyramid with huge steps along it's side, at the top is where the emperor would sit on a Jaguar Throne carved from sandstone and painted red with jade inlays. Most days it would be swarming with archeologists, the chipping of hammers and sweeping of brushes, trying to find traces of ancient Mayan civilisation, echoing through the site. But this night, a different sound was heard.

Gunshots rang throughout the skies, as hundreds of men, women and children were hunted through through the countryside, having run from their homes they felt like sheep being herded by dogs into a pen. As the Mexicans hid among the monument that their predecessors had created, mothers held their children's mouths shut to prevent their crying, while husbands lied to wife and child that all would be alright, their tears began to soak like the blood of the Mayans'.

The men in armored vans drove to the pyramid structure, before stopping at the foot of the site. These men wore black kevlar and form fitting Special Ops uniform. Their eyes were covered with green night vision goggles. Each was armed with a large rifle, brimming with blue energy. One of these men, made several motions with his hand, and the others all gathered around the site, aiming their weapons at the civilians who huddled closer together, in a futile attempt to shield themselves from the firepower. The signaling man smiled.

To these people we are the demons and monsters from their nightmares. What they fail to realize is we will soon be their gods. "Hail Kobra!" He exclaimed. The men gathered around responded in unison, "Hail Kobra!" His grin widened, and in mad exhilaration he grabbed a young girl, only about 17 by the wrist, and began dragging her to the pyramid.

*"No! Adrianna!"* A much younger boy exclaimed, standing up and trying to grab her back, before a soldier kicked him in the stomach and knocked him down, before he and another soldier began to beat the child.

*"No! Stop hurting my brother! Amon!"* The girl cried out, before the man holding her wrist slapped her.

"Quiet ****e!" He dragged her to the top of the pyramid and threw her down on the top. He then turned to face his men and spoke aloud. "In mere moments, Lex Luthor will destroy this worl man has developed to shield himself, allowing a new age to occur. The world will be reborn in fire, and we shall lead the way. We shall be immortalized, as the gods of the new generation. KOBRA, KOBRA, KOBR-" Lightning cracked across the sky, and in a moment the world changed.

As if the lightning was alive, in that moment before the thunder spoke, lives were torn from the soldiers of Kobra, and they were tossed aside like rag dolls. They littered the pyramid. And the man who lead them, found his kneck locked in a vice grip. He choked his last breath, before the divine being tossed him aside.

On the floor staring at this man in wonder, after an eternity of silence Adrianna finally plucked up the courage to ask him a question. *"Who are you?"*

The man turned to look at her, and said in a powerful voice;

*"I am Black Adam."* And the civilians cheered his name.
272572-109596-black-adam.jpg

BlackAdam-1.png

NOTE: Everything spoken is in Spanish, translated for your benefit.

Black Adam glanced over his surroundings. Only an hour ago these people had gathered to this temple to be slaughtered by the warriors of Kobra. Now, they were milling about, cleaning and scrubbing the area, generations of dust disappearing by those who had just experienced true divinity.

They understand my power. They understand the power of Tezcatlipoca. He walked through the temple area, and wherever he went, people were on their knees thanking him, praising him. It was...gratifying.

Absentmindedly he saw a large area empty, with seats built into the sides. On one of the walls he saw a hoop on it's side, carved out of stone. It hadn't seen action in years, but this ancient ground was now being used by a group of children.
250px-Chich%C3%A9n_Itz%C3%A1_Goal.jpg

These children, about 12 or 13, were kicking a small white and black ball to each other, while chasing to try and taking. They turned when he arrived and cheered at the sight of him. "Black Adam! Our hero, Black Adam!" One of the children Black Adamn recognized as Amon, the boy whose sister he saved. The two had started reverently adoring him, more than the others and Amon seemed to look up to him like a father figure.

"Black Adam, would you like to play soccer with us?" Amon asked, holding the ball in his hands, clenched hopefully. The others were silent, but listened intently. The divine avatar frowned.

"Soccer? I don't know what that is. That's not a game I played as a youth." The boys frowned.

"So what did you do for fun?" One asked, before quickly clapping his hand over his mouth in surprise, embarrased he had asked.

"Ullamaliztli." He stated. When he saw the confused look on their faces he motioned for the ball. "Pass it to me and I'll show you." Amon threw it to him, but instead of catching it with his hands, Black Adam graught it with the top of his foot, tossed it to each foot, twirling his foot as kept it up.

"Now watch." He said, before he punted it gently, and it soared easily through the hoop. And as Black Adam watched his succesful point, momories flooded through his mind...

15 years ago

In the burning sun, in a temple area similar to in Chichen Itza, but apparently refurbished, two young children played a sports game. One was much smaller than the other, but they both shared the same short black hair, and strong facial features. They both were adorned in short cloth that covered their centres but left their extremities visible. They both wore a headdress with feathers and an ornate design. Using a rubber ball about the size of a basket ball, the two were trying to take it from each other, but the younger one was having difficulty, tripping over his two feet. The older one laughed.

"Come Tet, that was poor. You need to be aware of your sides at all time. How will you fare in battle if you just fall-whoa!" He yelled before he felt his legs give way, as he was pulled down by Tet.

"I can be forgiven, for I am young and dumb Ocuitecatl. What is your excuse for being tripped by younger brother?" The two brothers laughed on the floor.

"Oh your a wily one, little brother. One day your going to be a fine warrior. Until then," He stands up, and holds the ball in his left hand. "The ball is mine." He said, before running off, to the sounds of Tet's complaints.
-Two Weeks ago-

A group of men were now in the middle of a game, each adorned in jaguar pelts, playing on a similar field. Each was attempting to best the other, but the young man with the ball was easily outracing them all. He slipped out of the grab of one man, before kicking the ball with a backflip into the ring.

"Success!" He screamed aloud. The others on his team cheered, while others groaned. "I am Tet Aren, champion of Ullamaliztli!" He heard clapping from the stands, and looked up. There dressed in the ornate gold of a priest, was a tall man, with experience weathering his once vibrant face, but there was happiness there.

"Good showing younger brother." The priest said. Tet flexed his muscles, preening himself.

"Come Ocuitecatl, play with us. Their team needs someone to challenge me." The others waved him off, looking fairly annoyed at the young winner.

"Not now Tet. Come we are being called."

"What for?" Tet said, brushing himself off as he walked out of the arena.

"We have an audience with Tezcatlipoca." Tet just looked stunned, before he hurried after him.

Black Adam's senses was drawn back to the present by the cheering of the young boys. "That was incredible Black Adam! Please show me how to do that!" The others clammoured as well, requesting the same.

Before Black Adam could answer, he froze. He heard, amid all the sounds in the world, the whisper of Kobra. "I must go." He said quickly.

Before the boys could ask where, he had disappeared into the sky. He headed to his next confrontation with the destructive organisation. What will I learn in Peru? He thought to himself, as he flew on.

To be continued...

Last edited:
I walk down the hallway toward the room where my father rests, Detective Montoya leading the way. On the way over she explained what happened - how they found him in his office after shots were heard. He was lying there on the floor or his office - alone - his only companion the small bit of liquor puddled about the shattered mug lying next to him. But that's how it's always been for dad - isolating himself from everyone and everything to the point that he's in too deep to be saved from the world of horror he's created.

This is ... just so shocking. Not because I never believed it could happen to him, but because it's happened so soon. Call it cold, call it morbid, but I'd always believed Dad's actions would kill everyone else around him before it ever got to him. For him to be facing death now, it's just ... so unexpected. But that's generally how it goes, isn't it? People are rarely shocked by things they expect.

As Montoya opens the door, I step inside the room - moving through the dim light towards his bed. A man standing by the cott suddenly turns about, moving in haste as he stares at me and Renee. Analyzing him quickly, I see the badge at his waist - he's one of dad's men. I raise my gaze to his face, quickly running his facade through my mind as I try to identify him. I recognize him, just barely, but I've seen him before. The night Holiday broke into my house, he was there along with another officer. Critiquing his demeanor further, an eerie feeling washes over me.

"Inspector," Renee speaks, coming up fast behind me. "What're you doing here?"

"I came to check in on him, see how he's doing," I reply. "It's suppose to helps comatose patients if you talk to them. It helps get their brain cells firing on all cylinders."

I cast one look at Gordon before turning around. Montoya.....and Barbara Gordon. As much as I used to stalk and obsess over her, she's even more beautiful up close.

"Hello, Barbara. I'm not sure if you remember me, but I was there at your house the night Holiday tried to kill your father. I'm Inspector Edward Nygma."

I hold out my hand for her.

"It's a pleasure to finally formally meet you."

I bend down over the large, unconscious man and push the television off his head.

"I've been following these guys for about two days now. Been running down a lead on these steroid freaks, trying to figure out how these two-bit thugs are becoming invincible killing machines. It's not steroids, though. Found that out a few days back. Something called Miraclo is at the heart of this. That ring a bell with you, Bats?"

He didn't immediately respond. Though the idea of a brand new temp drug being introduced on the dealers' market was nothing new to the Gotham circuit, Batman had never seen such drastic side effects produced like this. The comparison to a steroid compound was apt, but entirely inaccurate when you considered it's extremities. This was more like a pharmaceutical enhancement that targeted biological transformation in a similar way to the metahuman gene. The thought displeased the vigilante as much as it intrigued him - if there was more of "Miraclo" being sold on the streets, he wouldn't allow it to spread. Dealing with the after-effects of the Star'ro fiasco a month ago had been frustrating enough.

"No, but I'm about to become familiarized."

Approaching the suited brute that Question had discombobulated, Batman reached into the side pouch of his utility belt and produced what looked to be a high-tech extraction syringe, used normally by Haz-mat operatives for taking sample traces of radiation. Waynetech had developed a similar gadget for the isolation of diseased cells, but it wasn't on the market yet. Penetrating the brute's forearm, Batman pressed the button and watched as it produced a pint of darkened blood. Even internally, it seemed that the drug made a drastic impression on it's host.

"There."

Bringing the extractor back up in order to show The Question, Batman stared long and hard at the sample he was now holding in his fingertips.

"Star Labs will take a look at the basic compound when I send this. They can probably isolate it from the bloodstream of whomever it's affected. We just need to make sure that no more of it reaches the city."

"No, but I'm about to become familiarized."

Approaching the suited brute that Question had discombobulated, Batman reached into the side pouch of his utility belt and produced what looked to be a high-tech extraction syringe, used normally by Haz-mat operatives for taking sample traces of radiation. Waynetech had developed a similar gadget for the isolation of diseased cells, but it wasn't on the market yet. Penetrating the brute's forearm, Batman pressed the button and watched as it produced a pint of darkened blood. Even internally, it seemed that the drug made a drastic impression on it's host.

"There."

Bringing the extractor back up in order to show The Question, Batman stared long and hard at the sample he was now holding in his fingertips.

"Star Labs will take a look at the basic compound when I send this. They can probably isolate it from the bloodstream of whomever it's affected. We just need to make sure that no more of it reaches the city."

"There's a warehouse on the docks I went two a few nights ago, that's where I found out about this stuff. It's filled with crates of Miraclo. I didn't have enough time look around before the guards found me out and I had to leave. Maybe we can find some clues there."

5197997811_1cccb77904.jpg

Strange reads through some of his case notes.

He is clearly going through the motions.

Such simple minded fools. If it wasn't for the fact that I get paid 2,000 an hour I would drop most of you off in the narrows and tell you fend for yourselves. Probably wouldn't last a week but that's not my concern.

Hugo then sees an article on the Wayne Foundation with a picture of Bruce Wayne.

You on the other hand. There is something not normal about you Mr. Wayne I know the human mind and psyche. The whole playboy thing not buying it. There is something more there, but what.

ultrequestld8.gif

The Atom continues floating through the system.

So far I've found that the filtration system in this place is pretty impressive, but I need to avoid the sterile rooms. They look like they have laser sensors in place designed to zap the smallest abnormal microbe, and inspite of me being human the sensors would probably have no issues turning me into a french-fryed superhero.

She stop floating and sits near the airvent close to confrence room #1.

Well better to stay out of the way of this one looks like all the heavy hitters are in town right now.

Just then she hears one of the voices say, "With Mac's replacement on-board can we move forward, and what do we think of her?"

I guess it can't hurt to hang out for a minute.

One of the voices says, "Dr. Palmer? She's a good replacement. Outstanding in her field and fairly well-known and respected around here. Moving forward is a wait and see thing right now."

Fairly ?!?! Wow! way not to let me get a big head.

Another voice says, "What does Queen Bee say about her?"

Queen Bee !?!? Waller! Oh things just got REAL intersting! Checkmate is a part of Star Labs! Terrific! Now I wonder how many people here I can trust?

A voice says, "She hasn't said much about her just then she will deal with her, and we are too leave her alone. Queen Bee is the one calling the shots."

The Atom studies the faces of each person in the room through the vent.

I know I shouldn't do this, but the first chance I get back together with anyone from the league they need to know about this.

"There's a warehouse on the docks I went two a few nights ago, that's where I found out about this stuff. It's filled with crates of Miraclo. I didn't have enough time look around before the guards found me out and I had to leave. Maybe we can find some clues there."

Batman paused, looking back at The Question with a reaction that he couldn't quite place. He didn't know whether he was skeptical of Question's findings, or genuinely impressed with the fact that he had even done so. Despite hitting the drug trades hard over the past few weeks, the usually tactile Batman hadn't caught even the slightest wind of Miraclo's production since it's apparent arrival in Gotham. But somehow, a man that could barely manage to put together a decent crimefighting arsenal had not only discovered it's existence, but managed to follow some of the drug's users all the way back to tonight's ill-attempted robbery. It was a sign of steady detective work that The Dark Knight hadn't expected out of someone so frankly obnoxious.

Batman6-72.png

"It's a start. I'm feeling generous, so I'll let you lead the way."

Passing the trenchcoat vigilante, Batman cocked his head back as they both exited the store. "Just to be clear, however, I can get very angry at people who waste my time. So you'd better pray that you're not one of those people."

Batman6-72.png

"It's a start. I'm feeling generous, so I'll let you lead the way."

Passing the trenchcoat vigilante, Batman cocked his head back as they both exited the store. "Just to be clear, however, I can get very angry at people who waste my time. So you'd better pray that you're not one of those people."

"Well....so much for taking a detour by the Burger Shack."

I stick my hands into my pockets and take off after Batman. "The cops should be here soon. My car's up the block. She's not much to look at, but she's fast."

I stick my hands into my pockets and take off after Batman. "The cops should be here soon. My car's up the block. She's not much to look at, but she's fast."

Despite the sarcastic tone of voice, Batman had to stop and actually consider if Question was serious about the Burger Shack comment. But the sound of oncoming police sirens immediately caught both vigilantes' attention, prompting them to dart into a nearby alleyway. Peering around the corner, Batman allowed the sonar built into his cowl to pick up the noise and produce an estimate for the sirens' distance. They were still four blocks away, but approaching fast. The two of them had to leave right now.

"We have sixteen seconds before the police arrive. Go ahead without me, I'll follow you there."

Before Question could protest, Batman removed a grapnel launcher from the back of his belt and fired directly into the night's sky. Seconds later and he ascended, his cape spread out into a wingspan as he vanished into the high clouds of Gotham.

"We have sixteen seconds before the police arrive. Go ahead without me, I'll follow you there."

Before Question could protest, Batman removed a grapnel launcher from the back of his belt and fired directly into the night's sky. Seconds later and he ascended, his cape spread out into a wingspan as he vanished into the high clouds of Gotham.

"Damn......where does he get those wonderful toys?"

I take off down the alley and to my car. I start it up and speed out of sight just as the cop cars come into view.

The car comes to a stop just outside the Gotham docks entrance gate. I get out, sighing and holding a half-eaten burger in a wrapper. I through a small hole in the gate and march down the pavement towards the warehouse from a few days ago.

The wind starts kicking up. I turn my coat up against the wind and spin around when I hear the flap of something.

"Oh, it's you," I say as Batman steps out the shadows. "Been standing there awhile? Got some burger if you're hungry."

RPG9-6.png

Keystone University

I come busting out the bathroom, my clothes disheveled and my backpack barely hanging on to my shoulders.

I slept late....again. I spent almost all night running through the twin cities, looking for any signs of Snart and his merry band of thieves. I finally called it a night around three and headed back home. A few hours later and the alarm clock is blaring and I'm hauling ass towards school in my Flash outfit. I change in the bathroom and run out into the hallway, which brings you up to speed (no pun intended) on the recent goings-on of one Bartholomew Henry Allen.

I burst through the door into the classroom and come to a skidding stop just a few inches in front of Professor Desmond.

"Mister Allen. Welcome to class, only twenty minutes late to the midterm review."

"Sorry, sir. Uhh, car trouble."

"Just go ahead and take you seat. Speak with me after class, please."

I wait until all my classmates are gone before I approach Professor Desmond.

"You wanted to see me?"

"Yes, here you go." He hands me a few pages of single-spaced paper. "The notes you missed."

"Thank you, sir. Once again, I'm sorry about showing up late."

"This is the third time you've shown up late. This isn't high school, Bart. I won't write you up after so many tardies. But I am a bit worried."

"Just kinda got a bit on my plate right now. Midterms, my job, personal life and....umm, extracurricular activities."

"Oh, extracurricular activities. Like sports?"

"Kinda like that. Sort of an unofficial track team."

"Whatever the reason, I am a bit worried. You're one of my top students, Bart. You seem to have a real knack for chemistry. I hate to see you spread so thin to the point where it's affecting with your grades."

"Thanks for your concern, and thanks for the notes."

"If you want to thank me, study the notes and pass the midterm with flying colors."

"Can do, sir. I gotta run. I'll make sure to be on time for the next class."

Professor Desmond points me out and I head out down the hall. I got about twenty minutes until my next class.

BZZZT

My phone starts buzzing. I pull it out and scan the text on the screen. Crap, I was supposed to meet Val for lunch.

24 hours in the day and the ability to run and move at near light-speed levels and there's still not enough time.

The wind starts kicking up. I turn my coat up against the wind and spin around when I hear the flap of something.

"Oh, it's you," I say as Batman steps out the shadows. "Been standing there awhile? Got some burger if you're hungry."

In truth, he had been waiting for at least twenty minutes. But to avoid the questions of how he had gotten there so fast, Batman simply ignored the former question and acknowledged the latter, stepping past the vigilante and walking towards the warehouse. Can't believe he was actually serious about that.

Tapping the side of his cowl, he watched with intent as Oracle scanned the warehouses ahead of them. There wasn't much activity in the waterfronts, but the west docks had a few heat signatures coming from them. Undoubtedly another shipment of the drug, if Question was right about it originating from here.

"They're unloading a shipment right now. Couple of storage houses to the left. Hit them hard now, and we might get some answers."

Looking back at his ally, Batman sneered as Question continued to offer him half of his burger. How he even managed to eat it in a first place was a mystery that the vigilante didn't want to get into.

"I'll pass, If you don't mind."

In truth, he had been waiting for at least twenty minutes. But to avoid the questions of how he had gotten there so fast, Batman simply ignored the former question and acknowledged the latter, stepping past the vigilante and walking towards the warehouse. Can't believe he was actually serious about that.

Tapping the side of his cowl, he watched with intent as Oracle scanned the warehouses ahead of them. There wasn't much activity in the waterfronts, but the west docks had a few heat signatures coming from them. Undoubtedly another shipment of the drug, if Question was right about it originating from here.

"They're unloading a shipment right now. Couple of storage houses to the left. Hit them hard now, and we might get some answers."

Looking back at his ally, Batman sneered as Question continued to offer him half of his burger. How he even managed to eat it in a first place was a mystery that the vigilante didn't want to get into.

"I'll pass, If you don't mind."

"Suit yourself," I say with a shrug and tuck the burger into my coat pocket. With my hand still in my jacket, I pull out a pair of nunchucks and spin them from hand to hand without hitting myself in the head. It's a first for me.

"I'm following your lead, Bats. Let's go kick some ass...."

"Suit yourself," I say with a shrug and tuck the burger into my coat pocket. With my hand still in my jacket, I pull out a pair of nunchucks and spin them from hand to hand without hitting myself in the head. It's a first for me. "I'm following your lead, Bats. Let's go kick some ass..."

Christ, he's immature.

Racing out to the warehouse where the current shipment was being unloaded, Batman leaped onto a set of crates and vaulted towards the wall. While it seemed to be a useless gesture at first, he immediately popped the rim of his gauntlets and produced three small spikes out of each wrist. Three more slipped and protruded outwards from his armor's kneepads, and the twelve combined pierced the wall with ease. Effectively, it created the illusion that The Dark Knight was able to scale walls, much like his namesake.

The Question simply watched in wonder as his ally easily reached the top of the fire escape in seconds. Holding out his hand to indicate momentary pause, Batman turned back towards the skylight of the building and peered within. Several armed thugs lined the doors, but there was a window off to the side that would be easy for Question to access. With that in mind, he looked back down at the waiting vigilante and waved off into that direction.

"Window's clear, but be careful. They're not as clumsy as the idiots back at the store."

Batman5-70.png

"I'll join in. But in my own way."

"Window's clear, but be careful. They're not as clumsy as the idiots back at the store."

Batman5-70.png

"I'll join in. But in my own way."

"Gotcha, boss. I distract them and make them laugh while you come outta nowhere and scare the **** outta them. I like it, it's hip and fresh. It's what's happening in the streets right now."

Wrapping the nunchucks around my shoulder, I walk up to the window and look in. Bunch of armed guys who look scary. I have to be quiet, I have be stealthy.

This is gonna take most....no, scratch that, all of my cunning and skill.

KRASH!

The window glass shatters and and breaks as I leap through it and roll behind a crate. The noise alerts the guards, who start running towards the broken window.

"Hey, fellas!" I yell once they all get around the window. They spin on their heels seemingly in unison and stare at me. I start spinning the nunchucks wildly and fast. "Who wants their ass kicked first?"

They look at me blankly before letting loose with their guns.

"Ahh!"

I drop my nunchucks and dive for the closest crate as the bullets rip through the air above me.

"Hey, fellas!" I yell once they all get around the window. They spin on their heels seemingly in unison and stare at me. I start spinning the nunchucks wildly and fast. "Who wants their ass kicked first?"

They look at me blankly before letting loose with their guns.

"Ahh!"

I drop my nunchucks and dive for the closest crate as the bullets rip through the air above me.

"Waste him! Waste the freak!"

The leader's screams are practically inaudible over the explosion of gunfire that ricochets across the room. Numerous crates are rendered into splintered ruins within seconds, spilling out multiple viles of product all over the floor. Yet in all the chaos, their attention is solely focused on the abrupt intruder, paving the way for an attack that none of the armed thugs can see coming. From the back of the group, one feels a dark presence overshadow him and turns, seeing the monstrous form become reality. Before he can scream to warn the others, a black gloved hand jets out of the shadows and strikes at a nerve in his neck, rendering him unconscious.

Silent among the crowd, The Dark Knight advances and steadily grabs the next one from behind, giving the gunman no time to protest. Locking him into a sleeper hold that muffles his mouth, the criminal is dragged back into the darkened corners to join his fallen comrade. Though two of them are out, the others still fail to notice, instead fixated on gunning down their trenchcoat clad annoyance, who vaults from crate to crate and screams unlike his gender. With twelve left standing, Batman dives at the next two and makes quick work of them through a simultaneous headbutt, knowing that with every passing second that The Question's life is on the line. Of course, such is the case with most unwitting decoys.

One realizes that his gun is out of ammo and tosses it away, fishing within a nearby crate for another weapon. When one is suddenly handed to him, he doesn't think twice about taking it in thanks. But that's when his eyes are drawn upwards, face to face with a stark yellow emblem encasing the clear shape of a giant bat. Batman quietly smiles at him, before placing a hard palm over the criminal's mouth and yanking him back by the collar of his jacket. As he slams the thug into a wall and shatters his nose, the vigilante's earlier sentiments are echoed. No one ever said that this line of work had to be dull.

The more that time passes, the fewer thugs there seems to be. Until only three more remain. Recognizing this fact by the decreased noises of gunfire, the leader looks back and notices that no one else is behind the initial group. They're all either unconscious, lifelessly spread across the ground, or missing altogether in a terrifying display of unseen anarchy. The leader drops his gun in shock, preparing to order a ceasefire from his two lieutenants. But by the time he's turned back, the lieutenants themselves are gone aswell.

"J... Jesus! Wh-... What's going..."

He stumbles backwards, only to hit something hard. And unfortunately, hears an accompanied growl. Closing his eyes in horror, the leader begins to pray for his life as two strong hands grasp at his shoulders and something breathes on the back of his left ear. With his prey in his grasp, Batman narrows his eyes, clearly having assumed full control of the situation. "Run."

The leader does so, without question. And trips over a crate in the process, hitting the concrete floor in a faceplant. Stepping over the unconscious coward, Batman walks over to where The Question had last vaulted and reaches in, grabbing the vigilante's trenchcoat and hoisting him up from behind the crate. Sneering, he turned back and indicated the room of void threats.

"Not to take away your pride, but most of them stopped firing minutes ago."

"I came to check in on him, see how he's doing," I reply. "It's suppose to helps comatose patients if you talk to them. It helps get their brain cells firing on all cylinders."

I cast one look at Gordon before turning around. Montoya.....and Barbara Gordon. As much as I used to stalk and obsess over her, she's even more beautiful up close.

"Hello, Barbara. I'm not sure if you remember me, but I was there at your house the night Holiday tried to kill your father. I'm Inspector Edward Nygma."

I hold out my hand for her.

"It's a pleasure to finally formally meet you."
Politely, I extend my hand and grab his, returning his greeting. Though, under these circumstances, I think pleasantries are a bit inappropriate. But, from the smirk on his face, the way he holds himself, and his overall demeanor, I think his overexalted seld-adoration is evident.

"Likewise," I say with a low, emotionless voice. "And, to answer your question, I do remember you," I begin, making direct eye contact as I speak. "Although, I find it odd that we keep meeting under extreme circumstances..."

The more that time passes, the fewer thugs there seems to be. Until only three more remain. Recognizing this fact by the decreased noises of gunfire, the leader looks back and notices that no one else is behind the initial group. They're all either unconscious, lifelessly spread across the ground, or missing altogether in a terrifying display of unseen anarchy. The leader drops his gun in shock, preparing to order a ceasefire from his two lieutenants. But by the time he's turned back, the lieutenants themselves are gone aswell.

"J... Jesus! Wh-... What's going..."

He stumbles backwards, only to hit something hard. And unfortunately, hears an accompanied growl. Closing his eyes in horror, the leader begins to pray for his life as two strong hands grasp at his shoulders and something breathes on the back of his left ear. With his prey in his grasp, Batman narrows his eyes, clearly having assumed full control of the situation. "Run."

The leader does so, without question. And trips over a crate in the process, hitting the concrete floor in a faceplant. Stepping over the unconscious coward, Batman walks over to where The Question had last vaulted and reaches in, grabbing the vigilante's trenchcoat and hoisting him up from behind the crate. Sneering, he turned back and indicated the room of void threats.

"Not to take away your pride, but most of them stopped firing minutes ago."

"I, uhh, I knew that," I say as Batman lets go of my coat. "I was just trying to help you out. You know, disabling them with my high-pitched sonic cries. Well, no matter, that's one superpower I can now cross off the list. I now know I don't have a sonic scream, or the ability to fly, nor am I bulletproof or able to turn invisible. Hopefully the Women's Softball League will drop that restraining order on their locker rooms one day."

I adjust my tie and pull a flashlight out from my pocket. I click the light on and shine it at a nearby broken crate. Broken vials are scattered nearby and the floor is wet.

"Jackpot."

I bend down and pick up one of the broken vials. "Say, Bats, you got a way to test this liquid and see if it's what we're looking for?"

Politely, I extend my hand and grab his, returning his greeting. Though, under these circumstances, I think pleasantries are a bit inappropriate. But, from the smirk on his face, the way he holds himself, and his overall demeanor, I think his overexalted seld-adoration is evident.

"Likewise," I say with a low, emotionless voice. "And, to answer your question, I do remember you," I begin, making direct eye contact as I speak. "Although, I find it odd that we keep meeting under extreme circumstances..."

"Yes, I'm sorry about the circumstances. On behalf of the entire GCPD, I just want to extend to you my condolences. I know a little bit of what you're going through, and I can tell you it's a hard, uphill struggle. Your father is a brave man and a tough man. If anyone can pull through, it's him."

The words sounds nice, but they're about 95% bull****. Sure, the part about Jim Gordon being a tough son of a ***** and my mother are true, but the rest? Meh, I just wish she could have shown up five minutes later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"