The Next Avengers Line-Up

ernesth100

The Writing Avenger
Reaction score
It's becoming clear that the current line-up is going to under go some changes. New characters have been introduced and need some spotlight. And we can't rely on the same Avengers forever there's onl

Line Up 1
-Black Panther
-Captain Marvel
-Bucky
-Falcon
-Scarlet Witch
-Vision

Line Up 2
-Falcon
-Bucky
-Spider-Man
-Black Panther
-Captain Marvel
-Ant Man and Wasp

I'm not expecting Hulk to appear at all on either team post IW/A4, likely due to internal problems with his two consciousnesses. Or possibly he and Widow runaway together or perhaps he even ends up locked away somehow.

I'm expecting War Machine to die. He shouldn't have survived the fall in Civil War. Sorry not sorry.

Vision can be rebuilt but lets be honest he might just stay dead as there's not much use for the man as a character. Or he might go away with Wanda.

Wanda's another one, she's dangerous easily manipulated, and powerful. She may not trust herself post IW/A4 especially not after basically starting off the CW. So I wouldn't find it hard to see her breaking from teams for a while. Or ending up in some sort of other situation because of her powers.

Captain Marvel might not even be recruited. But I put her there simply because she can replace the Hulk for the muscle. But logically speaking so can Ant-Man(ala Giant).

T'Challa might stay in Wakanda, but I can also see him turning lead of the kingdom to Shuri and giving her, her own Panther suit.

Hawkeye should just be a family man. Widow needs a break so she can get that solo we've been promised for the past 5 years. Thor should go rule Asgard.

Strange is far too strong and complicated too have on the Avengers as a regular member. And has to watch the Sanctum. And lastly Iron Man and Steve may very well retire to train the next gen of Avengers or die.

What are ya'll ideas.

It's becoming clear that the current line-up is going to under go some changes. New characters have been introduced and need some spotlight. And we can't rely on the same Avengers forever there's onl

Line Up 1
-Black Panther
-Captain Marvel
-Bucky
-Falcon
-Scarlet Witch
-Vision

Line Up 2
-Falcon
-Bucky
-Spider-Man
-Black Panther
-Captain Marvel
-Ant Man and Wasp

I'm not expecting Hulk to appear at all on either team post IW/A4, likely due to internal problems with his two consciousnesses. Or possibly he and Widow runaway together or perhaps he even ends up locked away somehow.

I'm expecting War Machine to die. He shouldn't have survived the fall in Civil War. Sorry not sorry.

Vision can be rebuilt but lets be honest he might just stay dead as there's not much use for the man as a character. Or he might go away with Wanda.

Wanda's another one, she's dangerous easily manipulated, and powerful. She may not trust herself post IW/A4 especially not after basically starting off the CW. So I wouldn't find it hard to see her breaking from teams for a while. Or ending up in some sort of other situation because of her powers.

Captain Marvel might not even be recruited. But I put her there simply because she can replace the Hulk for the muscle. But logically speaking so can Ant-Man(ala Giant).

T'Challa might stay in Wakanda, but I can also see him turning lead of the kingdom to Shuri and giving her, her own Panther suit.

Hawkeye should just be a family man. Widow needs a break so she can get that solo we've been promised for the past 5 years. Thor should go rule Asgard.

Strange is far too strong and complicated too have on the Avengers as a regular member. And has to watch the Sanctum. And lastly Iron Man and Steve may very well retire to train the next gen of Avengers or die.

What are ya'll ideas.

I’m thinking either
-Bucky as new Cap
-Falcon
-Spidey
-Ant-Man
-Wasp
-Captain Marvel
-Vision
-Scarlet Witch

Or a “New Avengers” inspired team with
-Spidey
-Clint now as Ronin
-Doctor Strange
-And some others, filling in the gaps

-Maybe Iron Man as leader of new team? I’d instead predict he’d be head of a newly reformed SHIELD, but we’ll see.
-maybe Black Widow would be the only one of the O6 left as a member?

I’d guess Cap’ll be dead, Tony will be SHIELD Director, Thor will be being King, Hulk will be off somewhere else, Black Widow will be doing spy missions (maybe for the new SHIELD), War Machine will be part of the military or SHIELD, maybe taking a role like he did in the Initiative with training new heroes? Vision and Scarlet Witch will retire to a new life together, Black Panther will be being King, and Strange will be dealing with magic threats.

Tony stays on as a Fury-type, maybe Rhodey as his Maria Hill. Cap is likely dead. Thor is on the throne in New Asgard. Hulk heads off to the stars for new adventures. Clint retires, if he survives. Widow might just stay on or be off with Hulk. Scarlet Witch will almost certainly stay on. Vision is obviously destroyed and may not receive powers again even if he comes back.

So the lineup we have going forward already:
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Dr. Strange
Spider-Man
Ant-Man and/or The Wasp
Scarlet Witch
*maybe* Black Widow

That's a full team. The only additions I'd suspect for the next Avengers after 2019 are spiritual replacements for Cap and Thor, since Spider-Man technically serves that role for Tony. I wouldn't be upset to see Valkyrie lead the Avengers and an Asgard franchise for instance. Cap is interesting because he has two legacies, Bucky and Falcon, and I wouldn't expect to see both on the Avengers, and honestly, as awesome as Bucky is, his pathos is tied to be being rescued by Steve, while Falcon seems to have Avenger-y relationships in place already. I would expect Monica Rambeau from Captain Marvel to join up in the subsequent Aveners film though.

Scott
Carol
Stephen
Peter
T'Challa
Hope
and whoever is getting a solo film neXt.

I'm predicting the core will be:

- Black Panther
- Captain Marvel
- Spider-Man
- Doctor Strange
- Ant-Man
- Wasp
- Valkyrie

Now the interesting question is who will be staying on from the old team. I think we can say goodbye to most of the Big 6, whether that be through death or retirement. Black Widow is supposed to be getting her own solo movie, so I could see her no longer being an Avenger and striking out to do her own thing. I'm expecting Stark dies, so it's possible War Machine might stick around as the Iron Man-type character. Vision is probably dead...

So of the possible returning characters, I think Scarlet Witch and Falcon are the most likely. Mackie is really charismatic and funny, and Scarlet Witch is pretty powerful and has little spin-off potential.

The real wildcard right now is Bucky. If Steve is killed off, I could see Bucky becoming the new Cap and joining the Avengers.

Captain Marvel
Black Panther
Black Widow
Ant-Man
Wasp
Spider-Man
War Machine
Doctor Strange
Hulk
Valkryie

(I wanna replace a guy with Scarlet Witch)

Last edited:
I'm thinking, ready for Avengers 5, we'll see the team as follows:

• Captain Marvel
  • Bucky
  • Falcon
  • Hawkeye (as Ronin)
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Ant Man & the Wasp
  • Spiderman

I think, Vision, Hulk and Doctor Strange will return to more supporting and/or cameo roles in future Avenger films. I'm expecting Natasha to either be killed in A3/A4, or similarly to the others mentioned here, take a more supporting role. Thor will be retired (or cameo?) as will Rogers & Stark (whichever one isn't dead). Pretty sure Rhodey will go back to serving Shield (or the air force), rather than signing on with the Avengers (again).

I also think Black Panther will take more of a supporting role; his key purpose is the protection of Wakanda, and I'm not overly convinced he'd concern himself with minor earthy disputes. I guess it depends on who the villain for A5 is as to how much he participates.

Too soon to predict. Depends on who survives Avengers 4. My guesses are that Iron Man, War Machine and Hulk will all die due to their actors' ages. Captain America and Vision will also die because of contractual reasons with Cap and plot reasons with Vision. Unsure about Hawkeye but I also feel like he's kind of useless compared to everyone else.

Avengers 5 roster
Black Panther
Thor
Spider-Man
Winter Soldier
Falcon
Black Widow
Ant-Man
Wasp
Doctor Strange
Scarlet Witch
(And possibly Wolverine, Rogue, Cable and Beast)

Avengers 5 roster
Black Panther
Thor
Spider-Man
Winter Soldier
Falcon
Black Widow
Ant-Man
Wasp
Doctor Strange
Scarlet Witch
(And possibly Wolverine, Rogue, Cable and Beast)
:doh:

Yeah, I wouldn't count on those with their own teams being on the Avengers. Star Lord and Wolverine are in the same boat there. Same with Human Torch for that matter.

I also think Black Panther will take more of a supporting role; his key purpose is the protection of Wakanda, and I'm not overly convinced he'd concern himself with minor earthy disputes. I guess it depends on who the villain for A5 is as to how much he participates.

The moral of BP was taking a bigger role in the world, and not turning their back on it again, remember? No way BP isn't a key Avenger going forward.

Last edited:
(I wanna replace a guy with Scarlet Witch)

War Machine or Dr Strange.
Strange suddenly comes across as the guy who is never not busy.
War Machine is just the other guy in disposable tech.

Way too early for any X-Men in an Avengers film.

Spidey
Shuri as Ironheart
Falcon (Cap's role as heart, not leader though)
Capt Marvel (leader, shares with Sam, defers to him about rescue ops, medical, etc due to his experience, treats Sam as her XO (eXecutive Officer, #2, right hand man)
Ant-Man (comedy relief, infiltration, intimidation via GM powers)
Wasp (brains, drive, desire to lead, acts as one of Danver's better Lt's.)
Groot (ran away from the Milano (home) to join the circus, 'cause Quill made that stupid comment and he's a teen aged rebel.)
Rocket (could not let Groot get killed again, so here to save him from himself, besides, once he found out he came from earth as a raccoon, he's here to save his fellow trash pandas from humanity ruining the planet).

Second Stringers/Trainees: (Peter's idea, as they are just going to hero on anyway, and this will cause all sorts of a mess if not supervised, given some training)
Quake (Teacher, Chloe showed on AoS she can put together, run, and train a team already)
Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan)
Miles Morales?
Jack Munroe/Nomad (son of Triplett's partner Guy Munroe that was said to have died the day shield fell), listed as 6 then, be early teens by the time this gets rolling. His power is his paranoia, and drive to prevent others being orphaned like he was by bad guys.
Speedball?
She-Hulk (Banner's cousin was young in 2006, when those docs shown at the beginning of Hulk showed a lab with medical equipment, had leukemia, Banner gave the marrow transplant, which is why she is almost, but not quite a true hulk).

Reserves/Trainers
Hawkeye (Reserve force and training camp, wife knows she cannot keep him locked down, but figures by saving him back as a last ditcher, she has him longer around to help with the kids)
Black Widow (Natasha knows her baggage might make Danvers nervous about her)
Maria Hill (She runs the front office and support teams for them)
Dr. Strange (magical consultant and support member)
Scarlet Witch (Wanda is studying under Stephen Strange and Wong, to harness her abilities, if they survive the IW/A4 crisis)

and the weirdest idea.
Colson (Turns out the framework is a Stark invention to save his mind, that they thought failed, and he finally emerges to take over from Friday/Jarvis as the AI coordinating comms and deliveries).

The moral of BP was taking a bigger role in the world, and not turning their back on it again, remember? No way BP isn't a key Avenger going forward.

And from a more pragmatic standpoint, homeboy's movie just grossed a billion dollars. He's gonna be in the Avengers moving forward, especially if the original heavy hitters leave.

Captain Marvel
Black Panther
Ant-Man
Wasp
Spider-Man
Strange

I'm not sure Spidey and Strange will be full fletched Avengers but they'll be in it.

There are a lot of factors to consider here.

I think both in terms of story, and box office success it makes the most sense to highlight Black Panther as the leader. I would not be surprised to see Shuri and Okoye given a lot of focus going forwards as well, given their newfound breakout star status. Maybe even official team membership?

I think of the original Avengers Hulk is most likely to stick around given that he has yet to have a solo movie career yet. I think that phase 4 could be the time to finally launch a Hulk solo franchise, now that Ragnarok has shown us how great he can really be. I think the same kind of logic applies to Thor. Obviously, he's had a trilogy of movies but for most of the MCU's life, I feel like he's been under the shadow of Cap and Iron Man. Assuming they are both leaving, it's a perfect time for Thor to step into the limelight, if Hemsworth chooses to stay.

Many might groan at this next point, but I do think (and hope!) that diversity will be a key consideration in the future. Even post BP and with Cpt. Marvel coming up, the roster of franchise leads is still very white and male. Giving women and minorities major roles in the ensembles so they can then spinoff, is a great way to speed up the process of creating a more diverse mcu.

The "problem" is that there are just too many heroes now. You can't have an Avengers film without either having a bloated cast or without leaving key players out. Therefore it would not surprise me to see two teams. Something like this:

Thor
Hulk
Scarlet Witch
Captain Marvel
Spiderman
Shuri
Valkyrie

Black Panther
Winter Soldier
Ant-Man
The Wasp
Doctor Strange
Okoye
Falcon

I feel like Shuri would be cool as the Avengers' Q.

I feel like it would be interesting given Thor and T'Challa's new duties making it difficult to really be a team member, they could still be represented on the team. I think having Valkyrie and Shuri makes more sense "In-Universe". So something along the lines of:

Captain Marvel - Team Leader and Tank
Spider-Man - Youthful Optimism, Comic Relief
Shuri - Tech Master (Either with her Panther suit or an adaptation of Ironheart)
Valkyrie - Brash, Irreverent Wildcard
Scarlet Witch - Quiet, Angsty Dangerous
Falcon - Moral Compass
Winter Soldier/White Wolf or Hawkeye/Ronin - "Normal Guy Trying to Make His Way in the Universe"

That's one of the great parts about Marvel's recent string of films. Even though only two of the new franchise leads really fit in the Avengers setting, they're so successful at setting up supporting characters that are almost as popular as the titular heroes themselves. So while Black Panther and Strange may not be team-material, characters like Shuri and Valkyrie will still draw in big fanbases.

Last edited:
My Avengers New Avengers Line Up would be like this:

Captain Marvel
Spider-Man
Scarlet Witch
Falcon
Winter Soldier
Ant Man
Wasp
Fantastic Four joining in the next Phase

I got that, but are we truly expecting T'Challa to depart his role as King every time there's a minor threat that needs dealing with? Surely, as King, he has an obligation to Wakanda? I'm not suggesting he wouldn't help the Avengers, but (for the most part) they reside in the USA, and so wherever they're needed, they're already all together.

They've been Avengers in the comics. I don't see why that's cringeworthy.
Simply because the X-Men - MCU merger is, I feel, a mere fantasy. I don't see it happening - ever, not unless we get a reboot, but then it wouldn't be the MCU (as we know it).

Captain Marvel - Team Leader and Tank
Spider-Man - Youthful Optimism, Comic Relief
Shuri - Tech Master (Either with her Panther suit or an adaptation of Ironheart)
Valkyrie - Brash, Irreverent Wildcard
Scarlet Witch - Quiet, Angsty Dangerous
Falcon - Moral Compass
Winter Soldier/White Wolf or Hawkeye/Ronin - "Normal Guy Trying to Make His Way in the Universe"
I must say, I do like this line-up, though I'd be tempted to add Ant Man and/or the Wasp to the mix too.

I got that, but are we truly expecting T'Challa to depart his role as King every time there's a minor threat that needs dealing with? Surely, as King, he has an obligation to Wakanda? I'm not suggesting he wouldn't help the Avengers, but (for the most part) they reside in the USA, and so wherever they're needed, they're already all together.

Avengers don't do minor threats, so him not showing up for minor threats has nothing to do with whether he'll show up for Avengers. Also, the Avengers don't deal with localized threats really. Avengers threats are so big they happen all around the world. If it's in the eastern hemisphere (and it usually is), that means that the Avengers would be coming to help Black Panther, not the other way around, because he'd be closer. This is to say nothing of potential Avengers like Captain Marvel and Dr. Strange who definitely would not live at New Avengers HQ, but also wouldn't matter how far away they were.

Avengers don't do minor threats, so him not showing up for minor threats has nothing to do with whether he'll show up for Avengers. Also, the Avengers don't deal with localized threats really. Avengers threats are so big they happen all around the world. If it's in the eastern hemisphere (and it usually is), that means that the Avengers would be coming to help Black Panther, not the other way around, because he'd be closer. This is to say nothing of potential Avengers like Captain Marvel and Dr. Strange who definitely would not live at New Avengers HQ, but also wouldn't matter how far away they were.
Could you explain then where T'Challa, or even T'Chakka(?) was during the invasion of New York, or maybe during the whole Ultron sega?

Captain Marvel can fly (fast) and Doctor Strange can simply open up a portal and step through it onto a different continent, or even planet if he wishes too.

Could you explain then where T'Challa, or even T'Chakka(?) was during the invasion of New York, or maybe during the whole Ultron sega?

Simple, Wakanda. They were closed off from the outside world mainly at this point. They only came out because Vibranium was used in the Sokovia incident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"