The Next Batman Director

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want a reboot. We've heard the story, we're okay there. If they must do that, make Hush the main bad guy and add layers to the origin as opposed to doing the whole thing again.

Rian Johnson/Fincher doing a Robin Blake Batman film, with slightly more futuristic tech provided by Lucius Fox Jr, with a Trent Reznor soundtrack. (little to no Bruce Wayne themes)

Last edited:
Well since we've been pelted with dark cynical batman in comics, cartoons and films for the past 20 years why not...

...Brad Bird making a more mature Brave and the Bold type film. Have Bruce Wayne be the "hairy chested sex god" as Grant Morrison loves to put it, a Bondian man's man who gets the woman, save the world and can crack a snarky joke or two (against aliens, ghosts and other weird crap) and has an almost ridiculous level of competency (aka Bat-god) have some sort of grounded element to it (think what they do with the Marvel universe) and you've got yourself a fresh bat-film that is centered less on crushing dark mythos and more on lighter adventure and action (and fun).

That's what I'd like to see personally.

That would honestly be very refreshing. A more swashbuckling aesthetic would be great.

And we can have Robin in tights again while we're at it :hehe:

Why does it always have to go to that extreme? Just because something isn't deathly serious doesn't mean it has to be cheese fest. I think the Sherlock homes movies have the perfect tone for a batman film.

If Nolan is still involved, we won't be seeing anything like that. That man and his seriousness lol

If Nolan is still involved, we won't be seeing anything like that. That man and his seriousness lol

Well that depends on what the general vision for the future of the franchise is, if he's a producer and everything is being made in a similar tone and style (understandable) in order to make a justice league film an eventuality, then yes i agree it's not the right way to go, but as far as a post justice league film, even if nolan found himself in a producer role, I doubt he'd stretch his influence that far as to make sure the film is the same tone as his own batman films. (even though that honestly seems to be happening with MOS)

Oh and yes with Robin in tights, if you are going to go there, then go all the way, no half assing it. No need to "cool" it up for the kids.

No Nolan involvement
Guy Richie would be a good choice.

Darren Aronofsky

Alfonso Cuarón.

Rian Johnson without JGL

Having read this thread from the very first page, I only agree to these three.

Frank Miller.

He wrote the famed graphic novel "The Dark Knight Returns".

Without that novel, Nolan and many other influential Batman directors would not have the inspiration to make their movies.

Lol...it doesn't matter what Miller wrote; directing is a whole different ballgame, as shown in The Spirit which he directed, but...the best answer is this:

tumblr_lu5wsjHYPg1qjxhteo1_400.gif

Lol.

No Nolan involvement

Nolan wouldn't direct a reboot anyways, but nothing wrong if he's a producer.

We would need help if Bay got hold of this!

Especially you, GK! :D

What about a James Bond like franchise (open end, no trilogy) with different directors? I would like to see Fincher's, Tarantino's and del Toro's take on the Dark Knight. A Rodriguez version could very cool, too.

The lead actress would be Megan Fox and Batman would sound like a punk with using today's lingo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"