The Next Disney Princess Will be...

They'll never beat the original. Snow white:D

African American. :cool: :) :O :D :eek:

http://manhatttheatresource.forumcircle.com/viewtopic.php?p=278&sid=4a5dc7eac4d0dfb2effb45083fbfd463

THE FROG PRINCESS
"The Frog Princess" is an animated American fairy tale musical, set in New Orleans, in the 1920's Jazz Age. SINGING ROLES:
[MADDY] A 19-year-old African American chambermaid. Bright, resourceful, ambitious, intense. A little too grown-up for her age. Dialect: Mild southern colloquial.
[CHARLOTTE] 18 years old. A spoiled, southern debutante. A diva. Comic "steel magnolia". Bossy but insecure. Dialect: Southern belle.
[DR. DUVALIER] A 30-40 year old Voodoo magician/fortune teller. African American. Charming, charismatic, smooth and a sinister bad guy. Theatrical and grandiose. Dialect: Elegant, possibly New Orleans Creole.
[MAMA ODIE] An elderly, 200 year old Voodoo priestess/fairy god-mother. African American. Broad, comic, eccentric. Benevolent, wise and all knowing. A mixture of Moms Mabley & Yoda. Dialect: Southern colloquial.
[RAY] A 25-35 year old lovesick Cajun firefly. Warm, friendly, laid back and easygoing. Comically obtuse. Missing front tooth, has a lisp and occasionally speaks in Cajun French. LOOKING FOR AUTHENTIC CAJUN ACTORS.
[LOUIS] A 20-40 year old Jazz singer alligator. Comic, manic, high strung. Can be African American or white. Has extraordinary jazz singing voice since he, in effect, "sold his soul" to get it. Dialect: New Orleans hipster.
NON-SINGING ROLES:
[PRINCE HARRY] A gregarious, fun-loving European Prince, in his early twenties. A young Cary Grant. Charming, witty but irresponsible and immature. Loves jazz. Dialect: British upper-class.
[LAWRENCE] Harry's pompous roly poly valet. In his forties. Stiff, snobbish and sarcastic. Secretly envious and resentful of Harry. Dialect: Overly affected British upper crust.
[BIG DADDY LA BOUFF] Wealthy, Southern plantation landowner. Doting father of Charlotte La Bouff. A "good ol' boy." Warm, affable, courtly, imposing and powerful. Dialect: Thick southern drawl.
[EUDORA] Maddy's mother. In her fifties. Eudora used to be Charlotte's nurse maid. Warm, homespun and nurturing. Overly fretful.
[GEORGE] The cook for the La Bouff family. African American 50s-60s. Curmudgeonly.
[YOUNG MADDY] Six years old, African American.
[YOUNG CHARLOTTE] Six years old.

The Jazz soundtrack should be great. I'm nervous for this film though. I don't know how the publics gonna take an interacial Disney couple. Hopefully this movie will bring back the good old Disney musicals.

This is "A Whole New World".:dry:

I mean its like whatever now....

At least they didnt cast Beyonce. There are other black women in showbusiness. No, other than Jennifer Hudson

Because at least for me and others, get bored of it after awhile...

You can say what you want but I don´t think Disney has made so many princess movies that people can be bored.
With the direct to video movies Disney has already made more than 100 animated movies and only 5 or 6 are princess movies. People like the disney movies because of the drama and the characters.
I collect disney movies since my I was a 5 year child ( trust me I have a good memory I rmeber very much from my childhood) and I´m never sick of princess.

Have you seen the trailer for that new one called Enchanted? Basically attempting to go the "shrek" route by poking fun at their own genre.

THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG

Feature Film
Animated
UNION

Director: John Musker
Director: Ron Clements
Producer: Peter Del Vecho
Composer: Randy Newman
Casting Director: Curtis Koller
Interview Dates: now - Fall 2007
Shoot/Start Date: Fall 2007
Pay Rate: TBA

[ PRINCE NAVEEN (VOICE OVER) ]
Specs:
-play an early 20's male
-capable of being a romantic lead
-gregarious, fun loving, free spirited
-always likable, even when being irresponsible
-show passion for Jazz and zest for life
-an invented accent that has the romantic suavity of Italian with a sprinkling of mid-east exoticism.
-accent must be believable & natural
-please do not let the level of the accent get in the way of the acting

I got this from the Laughing Place Boards so I don't know how much of this is true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"