Marvel Films The next female Marvel solo film?

And if Sony knows what they are really doing. The movies for Black Cat and Silver Sable wouldn't take this long. So much hope.
It's annoying that there are complications with both She-Hulk and Spider-Woman. Two great characters.
These are the two legacy characters I wouldn't mind getting a solo film. Too bad, its tied with Universal and Sony.

She-Hulk and Spider-Woman were two of the biggest female characters in the late 70s, and then She-Hulk in particular in the 80s onwards. It's a shame she can't get a solo movie. But maybe she could be in a team film like Hulk has been.

Well I think since the Hulk and Peter Parker are still around might have hurt their chances, unless they go out like Steve then I can see Jennifer and Jessica being introduced.

And if Sony knows what they are really doing. The movies for Black Cat and Silver Sable wouldn't take this long. So much hope.

These are the two legacy characters I wouldn't mind getting a solo film. Too bad, its tied with Universal and Sony.
I read that as leggy characters lol, although that works too!

They are too good to stay away forever. As with Spider-man himself.

Well I think since the Hulk and Peter Parker are still around might have hurt their chances, unless they go out like Steve then I can see Jennifer and Jessica being introduced.
With Hulk and She Hulk I guess it depends if they want any link or handover. With Hawkeye, Widow, Cap, Thor and Iron Man they either did or will spend screentime with their legacy characters.

I love Elektra, and Elodie Young slayed as her. I think she deserves a solo movie.

I think everyone that got a show (except for a few) deserved a film within the MCU. Daredevil, Elektra, the Punisher, Cloak & Dagger, the Inhumans, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Ghost Rider and even Hawkeye.
We definitely need them all to get movies, but I'd especially freak out if a Cloak & Dagger movie would be made.

They should do a solo Storm movie.
No, they should not. Marvel got so many characters back from the Fox that we can't afford to give X-men solo movies when they can work as a team and that's how they were conceived. Storm needs to be in the MCU asap but she doesn't need a solo movie.

she "doesnt need" a solo, but if she got one, she would become a househould name in 0. seconds and more popular than Fox ever achieved.
Not to mention that her fans and most females would get their wish and a cool movie to enjoy thousands times if want too.

and Marvel would get millions and milllions of $ with a Storm solo movie.

and...... Storm would finally get a lot of development without having to share screentime with 15 other x-men. and this way the team movies could then put more focus on Cyclops, Rogue, Iceman, Kurt and co.

So yes, she needs a movie.

Let's greenlight a Gamora one then. And a nebula. And a rocket and Groot solo. And a Beta Ray Bill one now we are at it. Not every standout supporting character needs a film. A Disney+ show perhaps. I'm not gonna waste one of the 3 MCU movie slots for a character than can easily thrive in a team.

Nova, New Warriors, Silver Surfer, F4, Blade, X-force, Starjammers deserve movies long before Storm.

Comparing Storm to supporting characters no one knew and cared about before the MCU is blasphemous. She's Marvel's Wonder Woman (sorry Carol) and she could easily carry a movie on her own.

I will be shocked if she doesn't get at the very least a Disney+ show.

I know the topic is about solo movie, but I'm just here dying to see an all-female team up. It's not too much to ask. I'm hoping we'll see that in Phase 5.

And yeah, I'd be excited for a very gay Dazzler musical movie.

Depending on what Marvel has planned, I'd love an Invisible Woman film.
I won't hold my breath or anything, but it would be a dream come true for me.

Storm should get an origin movie. Explore her Royal Kenyan heritage, her birth in the states and then her childhood/teenage years spent in Africa, meeting a teenaged T'Challa, exploring her claustrophobia, her powers etc. There's some interesting material to cover.
attachment.php

The more I think about it, I'm definitely would be on board with a solo film for Storm, Jean Grey, Rogue, Psylocke, Emma Frost, Polaris, Dazzler, Shadowcat, Jubilee and Invisible Woman, if they don't eXtend the gap between the last and upcoming X-Men movie and Fantastic Four as well and if it doesn't lead to a trilogy. And put these solo fierce flicks under the "Marvel Femme Fatales" or "Women of Marvel" Brand.

Let's greenlight a Gamora one then. And a nebula. And a rocket and Groot solo. And a Beta Ray Bill one now we are at it.

hiperbole much?
ok, we get, you just dont want Storm to shine in a solo movie. Ok. fine.

But comparing her with Gamora, Nebula and the like? wow, man. Thats some level of disrespect to Storm and what she represents in the comic history.
nothing more to add.

Comparing Storm to supporting characters no one knew and cared about before the MCU is blasphemous. She's Marvel's Wonder Woman (sorry Carol) and she could easily carry a movie on her own.

I will be shocked if she doesn't get at the very least a Disney+ show.
She is not marvels wonder woman. She hasnt had a length solo run or even a solo book in over 40 years. Carol has had solo runs since 1970s. Its laughable to call storm marvels wonder woman without getting the spotlight at least in solo books.

She is not gonna get neither a movie nor a show and i can bet my house on it. She is a x-woman, a great one but she doesnt warrant a solo. She can become a standout in an x-men film, just because fox didnt didnt do it doesnt mean Marvel cant.

Yeah, the MCU has changed the status of some characters in the past few years. But that was in the past few years.

Storm has been for decades one of the (if not the) most important Marvel female superhero, despite how many solo runs she had.

Wanda didn't have the same amount of solo runs than Carol did, and yet she's getting a 6 hour minisseries. I'm sure, despite how many solo she had, Storm can hold her own 2 hour movie with no problem if Marvel wants to.

If the MCU has taught me anything, it's that they can make almost any character viable. If Marvel wants a solo Storm film, there will be one. It doesn't matter if she hasn't been much of a solo character in comics.
And that goes for pretty much any character.

Halston Sage's Dazzler costume looked perfect in Dark Phoenix, but she was wasted in a cameo. Hopefully Marvel would give her another chance and won't write her or that costume off just because she featured in a small way. With any luck it would be like how Ryan Reynolds got another shot at Deadpool after Origins.

But would Halston be the one to headline a Dazzler movie? Would Marvel prefer a bona fide pop star to sell records? If Britney Spears had been in her prime, I'd bet they would consider her.

While Taylor Swift could do it, if they stuck her on skates she will tower over everyone else. She already would be really tall without skates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"