1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

Voting is now over! Stay tuned for the awards ceremony!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

The next female Marvel solo film?

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by psylockolussus, Aug 14, 2019.

1. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I would be interested in a Elsa Bloodstone movie or Tv show. She is pretty much a cross between Buffy The vampire slayer and Lara Croft from Tomb Raider.

Abudefduf likes this.
  2. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I could see it breaking it out in the same way. It won’t have the whole of Wakanda backing up the main character, but if they do Storm’s powers justice she can blow up too on top of her background. I would love to see Thor arrive to see as electric storm from her. :D:

3. Yowza Registered

Black Mamba, Asp, and Daimondback could be a Charlie's Angels like trio of former villains turned hero not too far off from Gotham City Sirens just with a different feel.

There's even lesser known other characters that can be added to this group as well including Impala.

Here's some information I pulled up pertaining to these characters a while back I posted about if interested:
    Serpent Society

Sharon Carter / Agent 13 - Emily VanCamp

#103 Yowza, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  4. BoredGuy Never Did a Popular Thing

Not sure who I'd want next, all my fave heroines are X-Ladies, and it'll prob be a while before we get solos for any of them

5. THORin #StayHome

I want a Dazzler movie first and foremost. I want Ghost to have a large role in a Thunderbolts movie. I want A-Force. I want She-Hulk, but doubt it will happen. Solo movies for Storm and Rogue would be cool, though they could be introduced through other films as well. Spider-Woman probably isn’t happening, what with Sony and all that. And I’d love to see Kamala Khan, though I think she’s more suited for Disney+

Dark Raven and Lip like this.
  6. Lip Registered

I want a Dazzler movie too. And yes, I want A-Force so bad.

I also really want to see more from Wasp.

Dark Raven and THORin like this.
  7. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    A-Force isn't happening, in my predictions.

8. SumT Registered

A-Force wont happen.....................

because Feige will push X-Women instead.
    we all win :D: :D: :D:

9. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    That would be eXciting.

SumT likes this.
  10. Relugus Registered

I think alot of female characters will get roles in "team" movies but Captain Marvel and Black Widow will be the only solo female movies franchises for a long while.

I see Feige pairing Scarlet Witch with Doctor Strange and Blade (going forward. I think Wanda heading a Midnight Sons movie is more likely than her ever appearing in A-Force movie, for tonal reasons.

11. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    Hmmm. I expect a new female solo movie in phas5 that isn't Black Widow or Captain Marvel especially now that Iron Man, Captain America and Spider-Man are out of the picture. There's more eXtra space for solo female films now.

I just hope it ain't a legacy character, or someone taking the mantle of someone more popular.

12. Bayne Registered

I expect at least one as well (if we assume phase 5 will last longer and not be done in 2 years like phase 4, anyway). I hope/expect it will be Ms. Marvel or Storm (or both), though I'd be thrilled with Ironheart or Rogue and would happily accept Squirrel Girl, Valkyrie, Nebula and various others.

13. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    So now that Ms. Marvel and She Hulk are getting their own show, could we cross them off in the possible candidates or is still there a chance that they might headline their own film someday?

14. THORin #StayHome

I was just saying I didn’t think She-Hulk would ever make an appearance. Oh, how wrong I was!

Dark Raven and psylockolussus like this.
  15. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    For me, it was just a matter of time. But a tv series was definitely unexpected... despite the rumour of a She Hulk tv show.

THORin likes this.
  16. Bayne Registered

I think a She-Hulk movie was never in the cards because she's probably covered by the same Universal distribution deal that's kept Marvel from making a Hulk movie. Of course, if the She-Hulk is really *wildly* popular, then maybe they might suck it up and let Universal have a slice in order to make a movie. But it would have to be unbelievably successful.

I'm still holding out hope for Ms. Marvel to also eventually get her own movie. Especially if these D+ shows are mostly 1 season stories, which seems kind off inevitable given how many of them have been announced.

17. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    I'm crossing them out. Even Universal was out of the picture. She Hulk would have been introduced in a Hulk movie and utilized in Avengers/Hulk movies. And later headlined a tv show just like the Falcon and the Winter Soldier and the other 3 Avengers.

As for Kamala Khan. I don't want a solo film so this announcement is good news to me, as I really don't think she would get a solo film after this, because if they wanted togive her a solo film, she would have been given a solo film just like Shang-Chi and not a streaming show first. And there's still Carol Danvers the #1 Ms. Marvel in my opinion. So two characters who used the Ms. Marvel title in the comics, headlining films at the same time is not gonna happen imo.

18. SumT Registered

4 female projects coming in the next years. Black Widow, Wandavision, Ms Marvel and SheHulk

those saying there wont be another female movie in the neart future..... yeah, sure :funny:
    Just have a seat and watch :word:

THORin likes this.
  19. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    I just hope it ain't Ironheart. Also given the recent Sony-Disney debacle, Spider-Gwen and Spider-Woman ain't happening under the MCU.

Tigra
    Squirrel Girl
    Elsa Bloodstone

who will it be?

20. SumT Registered

none of those. sorry
    time for the real A-list

21. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    There will be a Tigra movie and you will deal.

22. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

I think they really should consider a Dazzler movie in the near future. They have not tapped into the musical genre yet, and this would be the perfect film to do that. It would also have huge crossover appeal, getting all the Disney movie fans and musical fans onboard. The soundtrack could be a bestseller too with potentially a few hit singles that have people singing the songs even if they don't realise they're from a Marvel movie.

I'm surprised they haven't fast tracked a Dazzler film. I think it would have more of a four quadrant appeal than the average Marvel film and bring in audiences who would not normally go to see films like these.

And of course, the potential could go way beyond a film if very successful. They could easily adapt it for the stage as well to be performed in London's West End or on Broadway.

SumT and THORin like this.
  23. SumT Registered

you have a vision.
    and totally sound like a really smart exec from a big studio with these properties, the type of exec we should have gotten at Fox.

Dark Raven and THORin like this.
  24. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    The only A listers they have left are the X-Women and Invisible Woman, which are going to be utilized in their respective team movies.

Tigra, Elsa Bloodstone and Squirrel Girl could be the next Black Panther, Blade and Ant-Man for all we know. Also since Black Widow was originally an Iron Man/Captain America supporting character and Avengers character. This would be just the 2nd time in mcu, that a female solo film headliner is gonna be debuting in her own film. So thats gonna be more intriguing than a Storm, Psylocke, Rogue, Jean, Invisible Woman movie Xpecially they would probably debut in the movie of the respective team that they belong to.

25. Mr. Peanut Registered

Ironheart's definitely coming, especially now that we don't have Spidey in the role of Iron Man's legacy character.

Seriously there's no way it wouldn't be a massive success. First black female MCU solo + new Iron Man suit = easy billion, maybe two.