Marvel Films The next female Marvel solo film?

Ironheart's definitely coming, especially now that we don't have Spidey in the role of Iron Man's legacy character.

Seriously there's no way it wouldn't be a massive success. First black female MCU solo + new Iron Man suit = easy billion, maybe two.

I would love to see Ironheart make a billion (hell, I'd be ecstatic just to have an Ironheart movie as long as it wasn't terrible), but something like that would be guaranteed to take a serious hit from the sense of her 'replacing' RDJ. It's a nice thought that her being the first black female star might make up for that, but I honestly doubt it. (Not that I'm saying the movie would bomb, it's just not likely 1b straight out of the gate material.)

And no mcu solo is getting anywhere near 2 billion anytime soon, certainly not on their first outing. The only solo superhero who's ever managed that much was Batman, the most famous hero in existence, at the literal climax of his most popular series ever. Maybe Black Panther 3 could do it, if the series popularity keeps growing. Otherwise, it probably won't happen until ticket inflation makes the 2b mark a lot less imposing.

I would love to see Ironheart make a billion (hell, I'd be ecstatic just to have an Ironheart movie as long as it wasn't terrible), but something like that would be guaranteed to take a serious hit from the sense of her 'replacing' RDJ. It's a nice thought that her being the first black female star might make up for that, but I honestly doubt it. (Not that I'm saying the movie would bomb, it's just not likely 1b straight out of the gate material.)

And no mcu solo is getting anywhere near 2 billion anytime soon, certainly not on their first outing. The only solo superhero who's ever managed that much was Batman, the most famous hero in existence, at the literal climax of his most popular series ever. Maybe Black Panther 3 could do it, if the series popularity keeps growing. Otherwise, it probably won't happen until ticket inflation makes the 2b mark a lot less imposing.
The Dark knight rises barely made a billion - no where near two.

D0MWZbtWsAA6Jkc.jpg

How has no one mentioned her yet. She's not a well known character but she could absolutely carry her own film. She has a love interest, a great look, an interesting lore (though I wouldn't make her Odin's lost daughter)...

Now, is she ever going to get a movie? Obviously not, but. I thought she deserved a mention.

I think Invisible Woman should be the leader of the Fantastic Four. That way Marvel can have their cake and eat it too in term of female led films.

D0MWZbtWsAA6Jkc.jpg

How has no one mentioned her yet. She's not a well known character but she could absolutely carry her own film. She has a love interest, a great look, an interesting lore (though I wouldn't make her Odin's lost daughter)...

Now, is she ever going to get a movie? Obviously not, but. I thought she deserved a mention.

Well if you don't mention her name, we won't know who she is if she's not well known.

I recognise her from Avengers Alliance and used to know who she was, but have forgotten her name.

You're right, 2 billion is overly generous.

I don't know if the "replacing RDJ" would really be a huge factor though. Spider-man did very well while being promoted as Tony's replacement. Granted, Spider-man is still very distinct from Iron Man, but I suspect the MCU would make Ironheart distinct from Iron Man as well. Something like this would not likely be viewed strictly as knockoff RDJ.

I think Invisible Woman should be the leader of the Fantastic Four. That way Marvel can have their cake and eat it too in term of female led films.

I could definitely see them doing that. Invisible Woman is the only one without a clearly defined role in the public consciousness, whereas Mr. Fantastic has two. It would make sense to give Invisible Woman the leader role while Mr. Fantastic keeps the scientist role.

The Dark knight rises barely made a billion - no where near two.

Hmm. Indeed. Apparently Google has randomly graduated the movie's box office by a billion, but BOmojo and other sites have the correct 1.085 number rather than 2.085. Teach me to make a quick check and assume google's figures are accurate. (Especially since that did sound high.) So no solo super has ever hit 2b, then.

You're right, 2 billion is overly generous.

I don't know if the "replacing RDJ" would really be a huge factor though. Spider-man did very well while being promoted as Tony's replacement. Granted, Spider-man is still very distinct from Iron Man, but I suspect the MCU would make Ironheart distinct from Iron Man as well. Something like this would not likely be viewed strictly as knockoff RDJ.

Spidey wasn't really promoted as Tony's replacement, that I saw. It was a plot point, but not a big trailer focus. And that was only in his second solo film (fifth appearance) after people already loved the character, and it got a huge boost from getting a plot tied directly to Endgame.

Ironheart would definitely be different because no one would know anything about her other than the fact that she's a brand new character wearing an Iron Man suit. Marvel would do their utmost to make her distinct - but she'd still always be a brand new, unknown character wearing an Iron Man suit. And if the character also keeps the Pepper Potts mentor relationship and (I may be a ridiculous dreamer on this point) RDJ in a voice role as the Stark AI - which I think would be best for the story - it will only heighten the 'this is Tony's true heir' impression.

Like I say, I think it will be a successful movie if it happens, but it is going to take at least two movies to get enough people on board to go for a billion.

Meanwhile, I'll just sit here crossing my fingers that it actually gets made in the first place and that Marvel doesn't realize my worst fears of making Morgan Stark Ironheart instead just because that's an easier sell.

This isn't Marvel but this past March there was an announcement pertaining to Danger Girl (once a videogame and debuting under Image Comic's imprint and later under IDW Publishing) in the works (or development hell) by Munich based Constantin Films and produced in conjunction with JB Pictures and Prime Universe Films.

'Kick-Ass 2' Director Jeff Wadlow Tackling 1990s Comic Book 'Danger Girl' for Big Screen
'Kick-Ass 2' Director Jeff Wadlow Tackling 1990s Comic Book 'Danger Girl' for Big Screen
Robert Kulzer of Constantin Film, Jeremy Bolt of JB Pictures and Adrian Askarieh of Prime Universe Films are producing the adaptation of the all-female action adventure.

Jeff Wadlow, the genre filmmaker who last helmed horror hit Truth or Dare, has signed to direct Danger Girl, the adaptation of the 1990s hit comic being made by Constantin Films.

Danger Girl follows the adventures of Abbey Chase, an adventurer who was reluctantly recruited into a secret organization. Chase is then paired with operatives Sydney Savage and Natalia Kassle on a globe-trotting adventure to locate a series of mystical objects and keep them out of the hands of the evil Hammer Syndicate.

The comic was a blend of Indiana Jones, James Bond and Charlie's Angelsand an instant hit when it debuted in 1998 from Jim Lee's Wildstorm imprint.

Umair Aleem wrote the initial drafts of the script and Wadlow will do rewrites. Constantin's Martin Moszkowicz will executive produce along with Scott Campbell and Andy Hartnell.

Wadlow is best known for helming Kick-Ass 2, adapting the Mark Millar comic book, and Truth or Dare, the Blumhouse horror movie that made almost $100 million worldwide on a budget of just $3.5 million. He is currently in post on Fantasy Island, Blumhouse’s modern take on the 1970s television series. The latter is due to open February 2020.

Wadlow is repped by UTA, Artists First and Hirsch Wallerstein.

871_medium.jpg

Interesting looking alternate covers from more recent IDW publications I haven't read (I remember the character moreso from the 90's) that could be what a live action character could look like:
dgset.jpg

Black Widow looks to be a pretty intense PG-13 movie that I think it would be hard for other studio's lacking the funds to top. A spy or espionage kind of film I think is a great avenue to explore I think even after Black Widow is done with if well received.

Last edited:
Well if you don't mention her name, we won't know who she is if she's not well known.

I recognise her from Avengers Alliance and used to know who she was, but have forgotten her name.
Oh right, sorry. :hehe: Yeah her name is Angela/Aldrif Odinsdottir. She used to be a Spawn character but then Neil Gaiman sold her rights to Marvel and they retconned her into their universe as Odin's lost daughter who grew up in the Tenth Realm, Heaven.

yeah, but in terms of new characters, Storm will be next.
Thats why Feige didnt announce any new project last weekend, he wants to keep the surprise until Comic Con next year or 2021. :word:

Black Widow 2 (with Florence Pugh as the new Black Widow)
Captain Marvel 2

There aren't a long list of female Marvel characters who I'd be chomping at the bit to see get their own movie a couple that I would though would probably be Storm (as I thought she never really got her moment in the Fox X-Men series) and maybe Lilly getting a solo movie as Wasp just because I thoroughly enjoyed her in Ant-Man 1 (& at times in 2 but just didn't like the overall story)

If Ironheart heads to the mcu, I hope its a d+ show or Hulu, not a solo film.

D0MWZbtWsAA6Jkc.jpg

Idk. We are just getting Jane as the new Thor.

Captain Marvel 2
Surely be Captain Marvel 2 no?
I clearly meant the third female Marvel character to headline a solo film in the start of the thread. Unless you only read the title of the thread.

Last edited:

Think this is a good point that a lot aren't considering, you've seen there has been quite a bit of push back over Thor 4 and the new direction its going. Thor's massively popular but nobody really even comes close to the level of popularity that RDJ had as Iron Man (spare maybe Evans as Cap and even then I would say RDJ edges him out in a big way) those are some gigantic boots to fill.

Idk. We are just getting Jane as the new Thor.

I clearly meant the third female Marvel character to headline a solo film in the start of the thread. Unless you only read the title of the thread.

From what I read I just assumed you meant as yet unannounced or unconfirmed. Read the whole page.

we all knew Cap2 was coming, this was clearly about a "third female" gettting her own movie.

1. Captain Marvel
2. Black Widow
3. _ _ _ _?

Honestly, I'm drawing a blank.

Jessica Jones is off limits for a couple more years due to the Netflix shows. I assume the same applies to Elektra as well.
Spider-Woman is off the table without a new deal with Sony.
Scarlet Witch, She-Hulk, and Ms. Marvel are headlining Disney+ shows.

Last edited:
Ironheart if introduced, would headline a D+ show as well, especially when Kamala Khan got so much push in other media and they didn't even give her a solo film.

Damn, I want to time jump to the next 3 years and see whats the status of these characters/Mcu over all.

Ironheart if introduced, would headline a D+ show as well, especially when Kamala Khan got so much push in other media and they didn't even give her a solo film.

Damn, I want to time jump to the next 3 years and see whats the status of these characters/Mcu over all.

Unless the assumption that the shows/movie headlining spots are mutually exclusive isn't true. They could simply be choosing to establish Kamala's origin in a less rigid format (which isn't the worst idea in the world) with a film to follow later, or holding off on giving her her own film until after Captain Marvel's trilogy ends to avoid confusion. Or perhaps they thought Kamala's stories would lend themselves better to a series format than a film format in general (which, again, is not a crazy thought - and which I really don't think would apply to Ironheart at all).

I doubt it right now, if they wanted a solo film it would have happened by now instead of announcing a solo tv series.

And like I said in my older post, Marvel probably doesn't want 2 characters who famously used the Ms. Marvel name in the comics to headline a solo film for a couple of reasons. And if they really wanted Kamala to headline a film, they could have waited until Carol's trilogy or time in the mcu is about to end. Carol is still quite new to the mcu.

as for the tv series being a better format, sure it could be with the right team but I highly doubt thats the reason why they are giving her a solo series instead of a solo film. And Would it reach the same size of audience as a mcu film? I don't think so. And for all we know the tv shows could be 1 and done and won't get a second season no matter how great they are, because they might want to give someone else a tv series.

Last edited:
Symkaria.jpg

Now that Sony is back with Marvel Studio's at least for a little bit, notice additional potential crossover potential?

If Ironheart heads to the mcu, I hope its a d+ show or Hulu, not a solo film.
I got my wish!

Oh lord, my 2019self didn't eXpect a pandemic and the delays!

Anything with Katee Sackhoff as the lead

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"