Inhumans The Nielsen RATINGS for the INHUMANS

Reaction score
I'd very surprised if this gets somehow a decent rating especially during a Friday night, like for week 2 up to week 7.

What were they for week 1?

Damn it, I thought you had them.

What is considered decent for a Friday night? I'm genuinely curious about expectations here.

Well, appereantly it outperformed AoS' May finale and season four average.

Well, appereantly it outperformed AoS' May finale and season four average.

Series premieres always overperform. Ratings always go down afterwards. What this means is that half the 3.8 million viewers who watched the Inhumans premiere will return. But that only applies to critically acclaimed shows. Inhumans likely won't get a stable 1.4 million viewers. It'll likely be one million or less per week which translates to cancellation, particularly for primetime network TV.

Last edited:
It didn't drop much between the first and second hours, which was surprising.

0.9 isn't bad for a Friday show but I don't see it keeping its viewers. Also Ouat isn't a good lead in show.

For a Friday show, it's not that bad. But it's the budget that is killing it. I still don't know why it cost so much. :huh:

Most of the money probably went to getting it ready for this fall.

For a Friday show, it's not that bad. But it's the budget that is killing it. I still don't know why it cost so much. :huh:

From what others are saying, it's due to the IMAX showing and filming in Hawaii. Or perhaps simply producers pocketing millions of dollars. The budget isnt effectively conveyed on screen at all IMO.

I haven't actually seen any reliable reports of the budget for this show. I would love to know that information, but it's hard to comment intelligently on whether the budget comes across on screen without that.

I do think the Attilan set likely did cost them a ton of money, though, since it had to be built from scratch.

Just to recap

Ep 1 0.9/4 share & 3.78M (2-hour pilot)
Ep 2 0.7/3 share & 2.77M
Ep 3 0.6/3 share & 2.29M

So... Inhumans has lower ratings than AOS gets. The show is a flop. Let it die.

The latest season got those kind of ratings; Inhumans is marginally above the average ep. Might as well consider this the end of the ABC side of things.

A 0.6 isn't bad for a Friday show. Aos got the same rating for some of its episodes during season 4 and those were in a Tuesday night.

However, these ratings aren't ideal.

We are already halfway through the run, they've already filmed the run, just let it run its course. It is very unlikely to have a season 2 but I don't think that was ever the point. People can complain about the Marvel Universe all they want, but the one thing that it has going for it is that it has a unified vision across TV and Film. They are managing to tie things together if needed and allow them to remain independent when they choose. I don't think we will all grasp the reason for the Inhumans short series until it is done, and likely when we all of a sudden see cameo appearances on SHIELD this fall or in the movies.

Fast-Demo-2017-Oct-20.FRI_.png

Ratings dropped again. This Friday's episode got a 0.4/2 share and 1.98M. In fact, only the two CW did worse demo-wise. In terms of total viewers only 3 shows did worse than Inhumans.

Last edited:
Once and Inhumans will be canceled very soon with those ratings. Whoever thought this genre block is a good thing for a Friday night. That might have worked out for other networks but certainly not ABC. Now I wonder how will Aos do worse for its fifth season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"