The Nightwing OYL Discussion Thread

Given that Green Lantern is easily his worst title, I wouldn't mind that. I doubt Johns would leave GL, though. Restoring Hal to greatness seems to be a personal goal for him. Not that Hal was ever all that great to begin with.

The_Mystery said:
Geoff Johns said in an interview that he would love to take over Nightwing. Team him up with Shane Davis and you've got yourself a top 25 title.

Johns on Nightwing could definitely inject some greatness back into the book. It'd make my day if he started writing it.

Like right now. :O

TheCorpulent1 said:
Given that Green Lantern is easily his worst title, I wouldn't mind that. I doubt Johns would leave GL, though. Restoring Hal to greatness seems to be a personal goal for him. Not that Hal was ever all that great to begin with.

sure he was. plenty of people identify with him as the green lantern. i like him.

SpideyInATree said:
Johns on Nightwing could definitely inject some greatness back into the book. It'd make my day if he started writing it.

Like right now. :O

agreed. i want to see johns on green arrow, also.

sinewave said:
sure he was. plenty of people identify with him as the green lantern. i like him.
That's nice for "plenty of people." I never thought he was that great. Regardless, Alan Scott is the Green Lantern. First and still the best.

TheCorpulent1 said:
That's nice for "plenty of people." I never thought he was that great. Regardless, Alan Scott is the Green Lantern. First and still the best.

Damn right. I love Hal too, Kyle, John, Guy, damn I love all the Green Lanterns but I never saw anything special in Hal.

Johns on Nightwing would finally allow the character to get the respect he deserves, I wouldn't mind him at all. I loved reading his Flash, and his current run with the Titans has really be worth reading.

Unfortunately it won't happen anytime soon...

Okay, read 120...did suck a bit. Not as badly as people are saying, but it wasn't great by any means.

Darthphere said:
Damn right. I love Hal too, Kyle, John, Guy, damn I love all the Green Lanterns but I never saw anything special in Hal.
I'm gonna assume that first name's supposed to be "Alan" because otherwise that list means one of us must be insane.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I'm gonna assume that first name's supposed to be "Alan" because otherwise that list means one of us must be insane.

Damn right is me agreeing with you on Alan. Then I say I love Hal as well. C'mon Corp, youre better than this.

But if you never saw anything special in Hal, how could you still love him? That basically means you're a cheap smoree. :(

TheCorpulent1 said:
But if you never saw anything special in Hal, how could you still love him? That basically means you're a cheap smoree. :(

Hes cool and all, but some Hal fans go overboard with him. He can be a pretty good character but most of the time hes bland.

Most of the good Hal stories I've read came after the Parallax stuff. Waid's The Brave and the Bold, for example. The Neal Adams GL/GA stories are the best pre-Parallax Hal stories I've read, and even there GA was the far more interesting character. Johns rebooted Hal to basically a carbon copy of his Silver Age self and, lo and behold, the GL comic has pretty much sucked. I think that says something.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Most of the good Hal stories I've read came after the Parallax stuff. Waid's The Brave and the Bold, for example. The Neal Adams GL/GA stories are the best pre-Parallax Hal stories I've read, and even there GA was the far more interesting character.

bad place yeah!

Mark Miller probably could get me interested in a GL comic starring Hal Jordan. I wouldn't say that Geoff Johns' GL book is bad, but it just lacks a "spark". I feel like he's trying too hard to make Hal "cool."

Mystery, could you provide a link to where you read that Johns was interested in writing Nightwing?

Dude! He said the QUestion may be getting his own title, so I guess that means he survives 52.

Y'know, I remember a time when the Nightwing series was selling more than the main bat-titles. I miss those days...

Anubis said:
Dude! He said the QUestion may be getting his own title, so I guess that means he survives 52.
I have a feeling they'll kill Ralph off. After Identity Crisis, there seems to be no real point to the character anymore. There seems to be no chance of his returning to his former cheerful, fun-loving personality, and bringing Sue back would be pretty much unthinkable at this point, so it's either let him continue on in a funk or turn him into a darker anti-hero, it seems. Neither of those seem very good for Ralph.

I'de personally like to see The Question killed off in a heroic style towards the end of 52, rather than having him have his own ongoing.

Anubis said:
You sure picked a terrible book to start out on.
Hahaha. Yeah, I was just wanting to see how Bruce Jones was going to do. I don't think he's doing bad enough to give up hope though.

As for DC, how's the Flash's OYL stuff? I have always liked the character but every time I pick it up in the CBS I am immediately turned off by the crappy art.

i think that Hal arguement about who is the better GL.
he is easily the most well recognised of the lanterns, and although alan scott is kool and all that jazz, Hal is awsome.

You're right he's the most recognised. I don't think I remember any other GL's that went insane and tried to destroy the universe... but my memory is faulty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"