The Nightwing OYL Discussion Thread

Isn't he suppose to be one of Batman's "replacements"?

SpideyInATree said:
People really take their Spider-Man comics seriously. :O

I said that I liked that Spider-Man is going to reveal his identity to the world and I was accused of being Satan.

Maybe I'll develop my red body and horns later on. :(

You have a serious martyr complex, dude. I think you enjoy liking things that suck to make yourself seem above it all.

And people speak on forums with flair and exagerration, which you then call people on as though they were speaking literally. Lame.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I know, but I'm still confused about why they felt they needed to change him this drastically. This is a complete 180 from what the character had evolved to be. Dick used to be the linchpin of the superhero community--he was Bat family heir, he was friends with Superman, he founded the Titans and led the JLA, everyone loved him. Now he's doing his best to stay off the radar, violate all of the basic superhero morals, and basically be a jerk to everyone he had connections to before. :confused:
I find it supremely ironic that Batman is trying to get nicer, and Nightwing is the one getting meaner. Bruce himself told Dick that he admired him because he was able to form connections with people, keep his friends despite his job. Why are they trying to change that. :(

Doc Destruction said:
You have a serious martyr complex, dude. I think you enjoy liking things that suck to make yourself seem above it all.

And people speak on forums with flair and exagerration, which you then call people on as though they were speaking literally. Lame.

I've explained myself many times on these boards of what I like and don't like. And I'm not acting like I'm above anything, its just the way I feel. And somebody DID call me Satan. Sheesh.

Flair and exaggeration? Personally insulting comic book creators because they didn't write your favorite fictional characters right? Flair and exaggeration? Sounds more like hate to me.

Doc Destruction said:
I was referring to the genital mutilation stuff.

And if you noticed I was joking back around with shinlyle. Sheesh

Dick is now the old Batman (pre-OYL) :(
I used to like Dick as....Dick

supes_el said:
Dick is now the old Batman (pre-OYL) :(
I used to like Dick as....Dick

well i guess now dick is a... oh its too obvious i cant do it!

it looks like jones is on it through august, at least. the artist, joe dodd, is done for now, though. at least that's one positive thing.

sinewave said:
it looks like jones is on it through august, at least. the artist, joe dodd, is done for now, though. at least that's one positive thing.

Bruce Jones has like 8 DC titles. The things the man mustve done....

warren_sparta27 said:
it says in that Robert Teranishi is only doing guest art from #123 though...?

according to dc's website, #121-#123 are done by different artists. paco diaz is on #121 & #122 and #123 is by robert teranishi.

To answer an earlier question in the thread not answered. Dick is in NYC because Bludhaven is a nuclear/chemical wasteland and has been taken over by some Super team. (don't remember the name of said team - i am just getting into DC books.)

I haven't been to pleased with this direction the new creative team has taken. Up until OYL, this was the only DC book i read. I didn't read IC, so i really don't know what happened, i am not sure why Jason Todd is here (just that he's from another earth). But, that being said, i'll stick with it and hope a new team is brought in soon.

I thought it interesting that he backs down from Checkmate and yet threatens Supes. Thats not Grayson. Whatever happened in IC has really messed his head up. Is this my Nightwing or is this another Earth's Nightwing?

danielisthor said:
To answer an earlier question in the thread not answered. Dick is in NYC because Bludhaven is a nuclear/chemical wasteland and has been taken over by some Super team. (don't remember the name of said team - i am just getting into DC books.)

I haven't been to pleased with this direction the new creative team has taken. Up until OYL, this was the only DC book i read. I didn't read IC, so i really don't know what happened, i am not sure why Jason Todd is here (just that he's from another earth). But, that being said, i'll stick with it and hope a new team is brought in soon.

I thought it interesting that he backs down from Checkmate and yet threatens Supes. Thats not Grayson. Whatever happened in IC has really messed his head up. Is this my Nightwing or is this another Earth's Nightwing?

This Jason Todd is from another earth? :confused:

I thought that it was the real Jason Todd. You know, the one who ressurrected because Superboy Prime was beating on the "timeline".

And I was reading that Nightwing was supposed to die in Infinite Crisis but they decided against it and really had no direction to go with the character. Apparently after Jones leaves the book we'll find out exactly what's been up with Nightwing and what the hell is up with Jason Todd, etc.

Yeah, Todd's not from another earth, he's just from a timeline where he didn't die in the explosion because of SBP's rupturing of the walls of reality from his "paradise" prison that he and E2 Supes, E2 Lois, and Alex Luthor were stuck in since the original Crisis.

Anubis said:
Yeah, Todd's not from another earth, he's just from a timeline where he didn't die in the explosion because of SBP's rupturing of the walls of reality from his "paradise" prison that he and E2 Supes, E2 Lois, and Alex Luthor were stuck in since the original Crisis.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Because at the end of the Red Hood arc we were under the impression that Todd died again, thus making me think it might be Todd from another earth...but I doubt it now. It'll just be interesting to see how Todd didn't die at the end of that arc. I thought he was dead. Heh.

no Jason isn't from an different universe or earth or what ever, i thought Batman Annaul 25 made that pretty clear. Superboy Prime bashing on walls resurrected the real Earth 1 Jason Todd from the dead. not earth prime jason, or earth 1337 Jason, earth 1.

i'am also pretty sure that this is our Nightwing yeah.

warren_sparta27 said:
no Jason isn't from an different universe or earth or what ever, i thought Batman Annaul 25 made that pretty clear. Superboy Prime bashing on walls resurrected the real Earth 1 Jason Todd from the dead. not earth prime jason, or earth 1337 Jason, earth 1.

i'am also pretty sure that this is our Nightwing yeah.

Well, like i said, up until OYL, Nightwing was the only DC i read, so i was not sure of the whole Jason Todd issue. But thanks for clearing it up for me.

ya know, id preffer it were a Jason Todd from like Earth 2 or some other Earth that mirrored our own with slight differances... its much better then SB-P punching the walls of reality...

The reason for anything bleeding from one Earth into another is Superboy Prime's punching the walls of reality, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"