The Nintendo Wii

Reaction score
Apparently the Revolution was just a project-only name and the real name for the system will be the Nintendo Wii.

Opinions?

Yeah......you're insanely late, and everyone has pretty much said they can't stand the name.

Oh...well how long has it been since this news broke?

A week at least. Next time I'd suggest using the search function even though it doesn't work very well. :up:

He's new. It takes everyone a while to get used to everything.

guitarsingerguy said:
Yeah......you're insanely late, and everyone has pretty much said they can't stand the name.
Pretty much. Other than Spidey-Bat, I'd say I'm the biggest Nintendo fan on this forum and even I spit on the name. :down

Yeah, I'm really really excited, but apparently they haven't patented the name. Maybe that means it still might change. Here's to hoping. :(

Geo7877 said:
I. R. Loser :o

... ... ...

Anyway, I did a search on the word Wii and got no results so...

Yeah, most people were ragging on the controller. It's gonna be hard for me to accept this name but what's in a name? I just don't know why they choose the name Wii. Is there any reason for it? A hidden meaning?

I.R.Venom said:
... ... ...

Anyway, I did a search on the word Wii and got no results so...

Yeah, most people were ragging on the controller. It's gonna be hard for me to accept this name but what's in a name? I just don't know why they choose the name Wii. Is there any reason for it? A hidden meaning?
The 'ii' is supposed to be two little people, so wii, as in we, as in everyone.

Flame on! said:
The 'ii' is supposed to be two little people, so wii, as in we, as in everyone.

Ah. I thought one 'i' was a person and the other 'i' was a controller.

Seriously, why dont they just pull a famicom? Call it the Revolution in America and Wii in Japan? Its win-win.

For the hell of it...

adamwii.gif

Mentok said:
For the hell of it...

adamwii.gif
lol

You know, I'm thinking of buying the Wii just so I can shout "WHEEEEE!!!" everytime I play a game. In fact, if you heard a little kid shout that whenever you turned it on, I'd definitely buy it. I need a good laugh.

Of course, that good laugh would then be followed by tears of wasted money, but whatever.

How do you pronounce that?

It's pronounced like we or wee.

Perhaps if you speak German...

jaydawg said:
Pretty much. Other than Spidey-Bat, I'd say I'm the biggest Nintendo fan on this forum and even I spit on the name. :down

If you had a SNES, you're a bigger fan than me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"