Homecoming The No One Cares About This Franchise/Give the Rights Back to Marvel Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rorschach2012

Batman is my Dad
Reaction score
I've been reading about Spidey and this franchise on various film discussion websites, and the general consensus is that this franchise is hopeless. On all the websites I've seen people discuss this movie, there is a CLEAR lack of passion for this franchise. Basically no one cares about this version. The last two movies didn't exactly set the world on fire, and the last movie in particular was a DEFINITE low point for the franchise.

Sony is COMPLETELY mishandling this character, and he would be in so much better hands at Disney.

Now that the franchise is definitely at a low point, and since Sinister Six,Venom and TASM3 are rumored to be either delayed or cancelled , it really would be the perfect time for Disney to cut a deal with Sony. Spidey would be in much better hands there.

There are rumors that Sony Pictures were having serious troubles, and that serious changes would be made to the company. If they're having financial troubles, it would be smart to sell off Spider-Man.

If Sony keeps putting out movies of the same quality as TASM and TASM2, the franchise will eventually stop being profitable. I think it'd be more beneficial for Sony to settle for cash from Disney

I wanted to give this franchise a chance, and I thought TASM2 would change things, but I was wrong. This franchise needs to be brought back from the dead, and the MCU is the way to do that.

Full on reboot in the MCU is the way to go.

Like it or not, as long as the franchise makes money, Sony will continue making these movies.

Selective reading on your part. I've seen plenty of care for this franchise, even though I despise TASM 2. Sure, not as much as Spider-Man deserves, and not so much compared to MS:s films. But to say "no one cares" is ignorant.

Also, this thread is clearly just to provoke as it doesn't ask for anything to discuss. This thread is about as pointless as Spidey-lad93:s ones.

Haters_gonna_Spidey.gif

Last edited:
with how the box office numbers are, the critical reception, the delay, roberto orci leaving the project, the sinister six being scrapped i believe it's best for sony to try and make this franchise great because i really want marc, andrew, sally, and the rest of the cast to prove themselves. they had almost two successes and thanks to sony neither of them made the critical reception and box office numbers they were expecting. the best thing they can do is hire some ciritcal acclaimed writers even critical acclaimed ones who are big fans of the wall crawler and try and make a coheisive story with well written character developents, chemistry between each character, a meaningful theme, a great and memorable villain, and keep things in continuity.

Eeeh, I don't really think Marvel Studios is the best place for Spidey. Sony did great with Spidey for years, why should a couple of bad movies make them give Spidey back?

I just want Marc to do TASM 3, then give the rights back to Marvel there's no denying that's Spidey's home, and be doesn't belong at Sony, he belongs at Marvel, and they will take better care of him there, he's Marvel's Flagship character for god sakes!

Eeeh, I don't really think Marvel Studios is the best place for Spidey. Sony did great with Spidey for years, why should a couple of bad movies make them give Spidey back?

If that's the rule Marvel should be forced to give Iron Man away. :funny:

I just want Marc to do TASM 3, then give the rights back to Marvel there's no denying that's Spidey's home, and be doesn't belong at Sony, he belongs at Marvel, and they will take better care of him there, he's Marvel's Flagship character for god sakes!

Marvel gave Spider-Man up for adoption. He's established a home and grown up with Sony as his parents, he doesn't belong anywhere but with the family that raised him not the biological parents who gave him away

that's right. however i was enevr into him in the avengers when i think of him in the MCU. he's better off teaming up with other heroes. and if shield does recover i don't want him teaming up with them since at times shield, spiderman, the x-men, and the avengers don't have a perfect relationship with eachother

Selective reading on your part. I've seen plenty of care for this franchise, even though I despise TASM 2. Sure, not as much as Spider-Man deserves, and not so much compared to MS:s films. But to say "no one cares" is ignorant.

Also, this thread is clearly just to provoke as it doesn't ask for anything to discuss. This thread is about as pointless as Spidey-lad93:s ones.

You really are a good sport, Oscorp. :up:

Marvel gave Spider-Man up for adoption. He's established a home and grown up with Sony as his parents, he doesn't belong anywhere but with the family that raised him not the biological parents who gave him away

He should really focus on his Aunt and Uncle Sony, not his boring real parents.

:hehe:

huh, i guess sony is the aunt may and uncle ben while marvel is the richard and mary parker

A great thread.

Give Spider-Man back to Marvel. They know how to do their characters well, and make good quality movies. Sony has not made a great Spider-Man movie in 10 years. It's time to cut the losses and give Spider-Man to a studio that can do it properly.

I've been reading about Spidey and this franchise on various film discussion websites, and the general consensus is that this franchise is hopeless. On all the websites I've seen people discuss this movie, there is a CLEAR lack of passion for this franchise. Basically no one cares about this version. The last two movies didn't exactly set the world on fire, and the last movie in particular was a DEFINITE low point for the franchise.

Sony is COMPLETELY mishandling this character, and he would be in so much better hands at Disney.

Now that the franchise is definitely at a low point, and since Sinister Six,Venom and TASM3 are rumored to be either delayed or cancelled , it really would be the perfect time for Disney to cut a deal with Sony. Spidey would be in much better hands there.

There are rumors that Sony Pictures were having serious troubles, and that serious changes would be made to the company. If they're having financial troubles, it would be smart to sell off Spider-Man.

If Sony keeps putting out movies of the same quality as TASM and TASM2, the franchise will eventually stop being profitable. I think it'd be more beneficial for Sony to settle for cash from Disney

I wanted to give this franchise a chance, and I thought TASM2 would change things, but I was wrong. This franchise needs to be brought back from the dead, and the MCU is the way to do that.

Full on reboot in the MCU is the way to go.

Yes I am sure Sony are totally with you here and are planning on given the multi million dollar franchise back to marvel so they can start making the big bucks themselves

Tbh this thread is stupid, it's not gonna happen and if any of you were head of Sony you wouldn't give it up either, it's just the way it is

Last edited:
Like it or not, as long as the franchise makes money, Sony will continue making these movies.

The budget keeps getting bigger and the worldwide gross keeps getting smaller. One more Tasm or Tasm2 style mess up will spell the absolute end for Spidey at Sony. If they have any intentions of keeping the property, there will have to be a clear step up in quality. Right now I think Tasm3 will happen, and I want it to be good, who wants a bad Spidey movie? I just have no faith in Sony at this point.

This thread isn't to provoke, it's just honestly the way I and others feel. I've seen this exact discussion pop up a lot in the general discussion thread, and a lot of people on there perceive those conversations to be baiting or unnecessarily negative, but that's not the case. I love Spidey and wanted to love the last two movies. In fact, TASM2 was my most anticipated movie this year.

But ya I created this thread as to not derail the general discussion thread, it isn't just a TASM1&2 hate thread. The title may have come across trollish or hyperbolic, but mine is an increasingly common viewpoint.

Anyways, ya it'd be smart for Disney to make Sony an offer now after TASM2... But a more likely scenario would be post TASM3... If TASM3 is on the same level as the last two films, I guarantee it'll be the least financially and critically successful film in the franchise... THEN Disney would be in the best position to make an offer.

I thought Sony would recognize their mistakes from the past two movies, but TASM2 proves they learned nothing. Based on the past three movies, it's hard to imagine anyone having much enthusiasm about the third movie in this franchise

MARVEL studios films aren't that great. They're too focused on the shared universe and don't give the creators the freedom they deserve. Sony needs to drop this franchise building nonsense and go back the the walls that made Spider Man 1 and 2 great.

with everything happening in the studio and what happened in this film i hope they can make a great spiderman franchise

You really are a good sport, Oscorp. :up:

Thanks!

A great thread.

Give Spider-Man back to Marvel. They know how to do their characters well, and make good quality movies. Sony has not made a great Spider-Man movie in 10 years. It's time to cut the losses and give Spider-Man to a studio that can do it properly.

What makes this thread great? It's just another "give the rights back to Marvel!!" statement that we've heard every day in every other thread. Sure, an opinion I myself agree with, but still. It doesn't really bring anything to discuss.

TASM was a damn good movie, they just need to go back to that rather then get paranoid by fans who claim it was a bad one because of... Who knows

MARVEL studios films aren't that great. They're too focused on the shared universe and don't give the creators the freedom they deserve. Sony needs to drop this franchise building nonsense and go back the the walls that made Spider Man 1 and 2 great.

This I can agree with. A MCU Spidey would make me happy but a good Sony Spidey would make me happy too. I just find it very hard to believe that Sony is even capable of creating another good Spidey movie

Edit I don't agree at all with the MCU dig. Of the Three (Sony, marvel, fox) Marvel is clearly superior

I think marvel have come up with a formula that works for them, and they have someone who looks over all the films and keeps things in line

like i said with everything that happened i bvelieve they'll make spidey great again

@mods

h68F508A8

with everything happening in the studio and what happened in this film i hope they can make a great spiderman franchise

They just need to stick to a plan and not change things to appease dissenters.

Agreed.

Last edited:
So, to make this thread more than just "Rorschach2012:s opinions"...

What major differences do you think there would be in a Marvel Studios Spider-Man film series compared to what SONY has done? What route do you think Marvel Studios would take? How long would they wait? Where would Spider-Man fit in the established universe? Would he join The Avengers? Would they have Green Goblin appear again, or would they focus on other villains? Would Gwen or MJ be the love interest, or someone else?

EDIT: I'd myself be particularily curious about Green Goblin. He's one of Marvel's top villains. At the same time though, he's been used and had major roles in both of SONY's film series. However, one could argue that Green Goblin hasn't been done justice: he died in the first film where he shared screen time with Spider-Man's origin and also had a goofy costume. Harry Goblin in TASM2 was simply terrible IMO. I'd love for Norman Green Goblin to return. Perhaps a plot about him aiming to take over the criminal world of New York, like in the comics and TSSM?

Last edited:
Difference between a MCU Spidey and Sony Spidey? QUALITY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"