The North Korea Thread

Matt

IKYN Guy Groupie
Reaction score
I searched for a thread to discuss all things North Korea and could not find one. So feel free to use this to discuss all things North Korea related.

Has anyone read this?

Otto Warmbier Released from North Korea Prison in Coma

For those unfamiliar, Otto Warmbier was a 21 year old American citizen who was arrested on propped up charges (North Korean authorities claimed he "stole a political propaganda poster") and convicted to 15 years of hard labor. The only evidence against him was a grainy, 18 second, low resolution video, released by the North Korean government, in which no face is visible.

Now, about a year and a half later, he has been released to the US due to the need for medical evacuation. North Korea claims he has been in a coma for about a year due to botulism (food poisoning).

So to put things into perspective, NK detained a college kid on trumped up charges, sentenced him to hard labor, provided such poor care that he fell into a coma for FOOD POISONING (allegedly...the truth is probably much worse), and this food poisoning induced coma has lasted for a year before he was finally released?

How is this not being looked at as an act of war? North Korea essentially kidnapped and tortured one of our citizens and kept him in such poor conditions that he ultimately became comatose. What if he dies (the timing of the release is certainly curious, he has been in a coma for a year...maybe NK doctors read the writing on the wall and he was turned over to the US so he could die in our custody rather than theirs)? Something must be done about this.

And Trump has yet to even mention it. In the past 12 hours he has tweeted about Loretta Lynch, the state of Wisconsin (promoting his own trip there), the fake news media, Obamacare, the Ninth Circuit, and Congressional Democrats. But not a word about the 21 year old kid that the North Korean government abducted, imprisoned, and tortured.

Trump probably doesnt even know about it.

I searched for a thread to discuss all things North Korea and could not find one. So feel free to use this to discuss all things North Korea related.

Has anyone read this?

Otto Warmbier Released from North Korea Prison in Coma

For those unfamiliar, Otto Warmbier was a 21 year old American citizen who was arrested on propped up charges (North Korean authorities claimed he "stole a political propaganda poster") and convicted to 15 years of hard labor. The only evidence against him was a grainy, 18 second, low resolution video, released by the North Korean government, in which no face is visible.

Now, about a year and a half later, he has been released to the US due to the need for medical evacuation. North Korea claims he has been in a coma for about a year due to botulism (food poisoning).

So to put things into perspective, NK detained a college kid on trumped up charges, sentenced him to hard labor, provided such poor care that he fell into a coma for FOOD POISONING (allegedly...the truth is probably much worse), and this food poisoning induced coma has lasted for a year before he was finally released?

How is this not being looked at as an act of war? North Korea essentially kidnapped and tortured one of our citizens and kept him in such poor conditions that he ultimately became comatose. What if he dies (the timing of the release is certainly curious, he has been in a coma for a year...maybe NK doctors read the writing on the wall and he was turned over to the US so he could die in our custody rather than theirs)? Something must be done about this.

And Trump has yet to even mention it. In the past 12 hours he has tweeted about Loretta Lynch, the state of Wisconsin (promoting his own trip there), the fake news media, Obamacare, the Ninth Circuit, and Congressional Democrats. But not a word about the 21 year old kid that the North Korean government abducted, imprisoned, and tortured.

Well, they have a habit of doing this. Well, usually they don't beat American prisoners into a coma. But they routinely arrest Americans on trumped up charges, until Bill Clinton or Jimmy Carter show up to negotiate their release.

Still, what can America really do in retaliation? Put Dennis Rodman into a coma?

We're technically in a state of war with North Korea and tensions on the peninsula are already running unusually high.

DCtiRr1XcAAqctj.jpg:large

Last edited:
I don't know why anyone would want to visit North Korea.

I hope they do an autopsy report. I want to know what the NK did to him. The brain death thing makes me think at some point he died while he was in prison and the incompetent prison "doctors" took too long resucitating him. Then they got tired of taking care of a prisoner in a coma so they released him. Its too bad NK has China to hide behind. Id like for the US to deop a MOAB on some sensitive NK ****. Like Kim's house.

"Oh Im sorry, you sadistic murderer, did our massive bomb ruin your bedrooms decor?! Well, here's another one."

What a terrible experience for this poor guy.

Who willingly goes there? It's like a ****ing real world Latveria. I know his parents are probably perfectly fine with blowing them off the map now, but they dare not say so.

Who willingly goes there? It's like a ****ing real world Latveria. I know his parents are probably perfectly fine with blowing them off the map now, but they dare not say so.

People looking to try to help the people go there. Journalists and social justice people will go there to help expose crimes against humanity and the poor living conditions. And some people just go there to push their luck and see if they can get away with it.

I think everybody there genuinely has Stockholm Syndrome and don't want to be helped.

I think everybody there genuinely has Stockholm Syndrome and don't want to be helped.

It's not Stockholm Syndrome if you're being held against your will. Every North Korean lives under the constant threat of being indefinitely imprisoned or murdered, together with their entire family.

Even defection is a pipe dream for most.

The latest report said he suffered a catastrophic brain injury shortly after his conviction last March. He was likely comatose the whole time they had him.

People need to realize this isn't some inspirational movie, "resisting" or "opposing" a place like NK doesn't achieve any results, and if you get detained by them there isn't going to be anyone coming to save the day. It's noble for people to think they can affect the situation but it's also incredibly naive. We're way past the point where foreign dissent will achieve anything in any of the fascist outposts.

Last edited:
People need to realize this isn't some inspirational movie, "resisting" or "opposing" a place like NK doesn't achieve any results, and if you get detained by them there isn't going to be anyone coming to save the day. It's noble for people to think they can affect the situation but it's also incredibly naive. We're way past the point where foreign dissent will achieve anything in any of the fascist outposts.

In fairness, Warmbier wasn't there as part of some sort of activism. He was part of a Chinese led tour. As to whether he actually did tear down the propaganda poster . . . It's hard to say. The video evidence is, at best, suspect. It's very likely that NK authorities saw a westerner, arrested him, and then manufactured the charges and evidence to support them.

Which is nothing new for them. Just stay the eff out of North Korea.

North Korea is more like a other world which is disconnected from earth. They are forced to live the life of slaves because their ruler loves to see the country people like this

Another day another North Korea missile test!

It's like two idiots playing Battleship and neither one can figure out where B10 is.

Not sure why he's bothering to want to bomb the US when he could use the Russian hacking techniques to infuriate Trump into doing it himself!

I wonder is this being deliberately done to curtail the investigation?

If Russia & China have any control over there what if this show was deliberately done as a sort of saber rattling to draw attention away from something more important?

This is really just part of North Korea's longterm survival strategy. If they can hit America, then the United States will unable to take military action against them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"