The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of both. You don't have to read it in order but by reading it in order you'll catch things and notice stuff you otherwise wouldn't.

3 is Family Album which is mainly single shot stories introducing different elements where as 4 is Tarnished Angel (I might be wrong) which is an awesome ongoing story about an ex-super villain.

Personally I don't think you need to read Family Album to read Tarnished Angel.

Thanks, Yen. Just finished up Confession and it was definitely my favorite of the series, especially "The Nearness of You", so far. Forgot how great of a writer Busiek is. Anyone recommend his Superman run?

I adored his Superman run, especially Camelot Falls, but I seem to be in the minority there. So I recommend it but your mileage my vary.

I know I'm really behind on this, but I just started reading The Sinestro Corps War and was wondering about Ion in that story. Was there a reason for why Sinestro was able to simply reach into Kyle and yank out the space whale? Could anyone do that to Kyle if they wanted to, or was it something about that scene being located on Qward, or some other variable, that weakened him?

We didn't even know Ion was a space whale before that comic. As far as we knew, it was just Kyle juiced up on extra power since Jade gave him her bit of the Starheart's power after she died. Then... stuff happened.

Okay, so there wasn't some explanation for it that I happened to gloss over, or something that will be explained later in the story, then? It really was just that easy to defeat Ion and magically pull his power out? Huh. :dry:

And now you know why so many people think Johns sucks.

I adored his Superman run, especially Camelot Falls, but I seem to be in the minority there. So I recommend it but your mileage my vary.
I also liked Camelot Falls. I think most people don't like it just because it took so long to come out and thus dragged really badly.

That was my main gripe. Read all together in one sitting it's effin' awesome.

That was my main gripe. Read all together in one sitting it's effin' awesome.
First Superman story I bought the issues for as it was coming out, and my last. Mostly read it as I loved his Conan work at the time.

You should have checked out Rucka's Adventures of Superman as well. That whole run was awesome.

You should have checked out Rucka's Adventures of Superman as well. That whole run was awesome.
You know the issues? I love finding good Superman stories, so far all I have are All-Star and the Man of Steel vols.

Wait a second... I just read the latest Secret Six... and Ryan Choi is dead?! WTF?!!! When did this happen?
Because Dwarfstar had that belt when the arc started months ago, but didn't he just recently die?

Wait a second... I just read the latest Secret Six... and Ryan Choi is dead?! WTF?!!! When did this happen?
Because Dwarfstar had that belt when the arc started months ago, but didn't he just recently die?

The new, evil Titans - Deathstroke, Cheshire, Tattooed Man, Osiris, and Cinder (Arsenal has joined now too, but he wasn't with them at the time) - killed him in "Titans: Villains for Hire". According to CBR, that was released back in May.

Can anyone tell me what Grace and Shift from Winnick's run on The Outsiders are doing now? I just re-read the Titans/Outsiders crossover again and was wondering what became of them.

Pretty sure Shift got re-absorbed by Metamorpho at some point. Grace has had a couple cameos with the Birds of Prey, but she just kind of fell off the map.

The new, evil Titans - Deathstroke, Cheshire, Tattooed Man, Osiris, and Cinder (Arsenal has joined now too, but he wasn't with them at the time) - killed him in "Titans: Villains for Hire". According to CBR, that was released back in May.

Ugh... so stupid. Why introduce a character to just kill him off 4 years later? Just because Ray Palmer is back, that doesn't mean Ryan lost importance.

Ugh... so stupid. Why introduce a character to just kill him off 4 years later? Just because Ray Palmer is back, that doesn't mean Ryan lost importance.

There was some controversy over it at the time because some readers accused DC of being racist. I personally thought that was a bit silly, but it was a bit of a waste of a character.

Ryan never really distinguished himself to me as more than an Asian-American variant of Ray, so I won't miss him.

I'm gonna give final crisis a shot. Which comics are the essentials? Don't care about spinoffs.

Countdown to Final Crisis is completely pivotal to understanding the events of Final Crisis, which is a good thing because Countdown was a fantastic series, deeply nuanced with great character moments, that received a great deal of acclaim from both fans and critics.

Nah, only the main Morrison-written Final Crisis series itself is absolutely essential, but you're gonna want to care about Superman: Beyond because it does contain vital info for the end of the story. (But that's not really an issue, since Superman: Beyond is collected with the main story in Final Crisis trades.)

And that's it. You don't need to read anything else.

Do not read Countdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back