The Obvious Film Related Opinion Thread

scatterax

Presented in Technicolor
Reaction score
So this is the bizarro world version of the unpopular opinion thread. Here, instead of admitting you have views that are different from the majority you state the opinions you believe are shared by all. This is the place to put your perception of reality to the ultimate (movie related) challenge. Are you an average joe, or are you just in denial? Let's find out...

A few to get things started/act as an example.

1.The original Star Wars trilogy is by far better than the prequels.
2. The Dark Knight was the best film of 2008.
3. The Lion King is the greatest Disney animated film of all time.
4. The Winter Soldier is the best marvel solo film.

Disagree with anything above? State your opinions.

A few to get things started/act as an example.

1.The original Star Wars trilogy is by far better than the prequels.
2. The Dark Knight was the best film of 2008.
3. The Lion King is the greatest Disney animated film of all time.
4. The Winter Soldier is the best marvel solo film.

Disagree with anything above? State your opinions.
- Yes, no doubt.
- Also best Batman film ever, not too difficult because all the other ones were not that good.
- Haven't seen it.
- Iron Man imo.

Dude you never saw the lion king?

I know:woot: Somehow I missed it and I love Disney's films in general and I hear it's awesome:yay: (My wife just got a baby so I'm pretty sure I'll get to see it someday:woot:)

Well you can see it today and it is just as epic as when it first came out.

^inception does have the most influencial soundtrack of the last ten years. Thanks to every action movie/video game trailer mimicking that sound.

So did Kill Bill 1 and 2. But maybe this comment would be better suited for the unpopular thread:cwink::woot:

Batman Returns is a crazy gothic bipolar bag of cats that comes together magnificently.

Also has a great soundtrack. :D

Heath Ledger is the best Joker ever.

puffy_zps5abacea6.jpg

Stanley Kubrick is a great Film Maker:woot:

This thread is kind of silly, but I'll bite...

Stanley Kubrick is the best director of all time
Michael Bay may be the worst (not counting industry jokes like Ed Wood and Uwe Boll)
Batman & Robin was an unholy disgrace of a film
So was The Phantom Menace
So was the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
While drama, action or CBM film franchises often have just-as-good or even superior sequels... Comedies always have awful, rehashed and just unfunny sequels (see Caddyshack and Hangover series for a start)

This thread is kind of silly, but I'll bite...

Stanley Kubrick is the best director of all time
Michael Bay may be the worst (not counting industry jokes like Ed Wood and Uwe Boll)
Batman & Robin was an unholy disgrace of a film
So was The Phantom Menace
So was the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
While drama, action or CBM film franchises often have just-as-good or even superior sequels... Comedies always have awful, rehashed and just unfunny sequels (see Caddyshack and Hangover series for a start)

That's not true. What about..................................

Um............

National lampoons Christmas vacation was a sequel right?

No one has actually watched Citizen Kane.

Um, I have. Twice. I thought most people had to watch it for highschool or college classes. That's how they got me.

I do think it's a bit of hyperbole when people say it's the "best film ever made." Really? Nothing in the past 70 years has surpassed it? And how do you measure what constitutes the "best" film, anyway? :o

Quentin Tarantino is an insufferable manchild which may in fact be responsible for his genius.

Bryan Singer became a supervillain the day he decided to abandon the X-Men franchise, taking James Marsden with him, and leaving it in the *****ey *****ey hands of Brett Ratner so he could go make Superman Returns but Doesn't Throw a Single Punch.

Jeff Bridge's CGI-superimposed face in Tron: Legacy was not believable for a second, but Olivia Wilde is even hotter in that black wig.

Michael Sheen is one of the most underrated actors currently working.

Um, I have. Twice. I thought most people had to watch it for highschool or college classes. That's how they got me.

I do think it's a bit of hyperbole when people say it's the "best film ever made." Really? Nothing in the past 70 years has surpassed it? And how do you measure what constitutes the "best" film, anyway? :o

If the only criteria for "best" is cinematography, then sure, I see it. Otherwise I've seen so many more enjoyable films. And films with over all better stories and writing. Seen it twice. Fell asleep both times. This is coming from a guy who enjoys longer epics, like gone with the wind, Laurence of Arabia, the godfather, and Seven Samurai. All of which have just as much claim to best picture ever as citizen kane. But someone decided long ago that kane was untouchable and so it remains the best, and anyone who says otherwise is uneducated in cinema. In reality a more accurate statement would be Citizen Kane is the first truly great film. And even that depends on how you view older films, like metropolis.

If the only criteria for "best" is cinematography, then sure, I see it. Otherwise I've seen so many more enjoyable films. And films with over all better stories and writing. Seen it twice. Fell asleep both times. This is coming from a guy who enjoys longer epics, like gone with the wind, Laurence of Arabia, the godfather, and Seven Samurai. All of which have just as much claim to best picture ever as citizen kane. But someone decided long ago that kane was untouchable and so it remains the best, and anyone who says otherwise is uneducated in cinema. In reality a more accurate statement would be Citizen Kane is the first truly great film. And even that depends on how you view older films, like metropolis.

Oh yes. A fellow Kurosawa fan! I think Seven Samurai and Rashomon are far tighter and more enjoyable than Citizen Kane. Kurosawa was about two decades ahead of where Hollywood was at in the 50's.

Oh yes. A fellow Kurosawa fan! I think Seven Samurai and Rashomon are far tighter and more enjoyable than Citizen Kane. Kurosawa was about two decades ahead of where Hollywood was at in the 50's.

Is rashomon in the criterion collection? That's how I found seven samurai, yojimbo and sanjuro. Snap now I have to watch it.

And yeah, it's funny how some of the most memorable westerns were essentially remakes of Japanese films.

Drop everything you're doing. Watch Rashomon now! Then report back to us. :)

The Magnificent Seven is as great as Seven Samurai. I'm not sure if this is obvious or unpopular?:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"