The Offical Final Fantasy Thread

I’m super excited for the 8 remaster. I actually think 8 is quite a bit better than 7 in many ways. But it’s major design flaw is how easy it is to break the junction system. It’s a damn good game.

In some ways it was better but VII overall was just sublime back in the day, still the greatest game ever IMO, it just had everything. And this from someone who didn’t like it at first, turn based was very new to me in 1997.

7 is great because of it's ambition. In all honesty, it doesn't have the best gameplay or story. All things being equal, it might not be a top 5 Final Fantasy. But what it is, is one of the craziest most memorable, emotionally fulfilling experiences in games. It is this giant melodrama, that never forgets to have fun. 7 also has the special place of being the Final Fantasy game so many played first. For many it is what Final Fantasy means. It also has a crazy amount of variety. Think about all the mini-games you end up playing to progress the story.

7 is great because of it's ambition. In all honesty, it doesn't have the best gameplay or story. All things being equal, it might not be a top 5 Final Fantasy. But what it is, is one of the craziest most memorable, emotionally fulfilling experiences in games. It is this giant melodrama, that never forgets to have fun. 7 also has the special place of being the Final Fantasy game so many played first. For many it is what Final Fantasy means. It also has a crazy amount of variety. Think about all the mini-games you end up playing to progress the story.

I'd have to agree with this.

FF VII was my 1st real exposure to the FF series. It's also one of the few games that I've been motivated to play until completion.......lol.

The game has always ranked as one of my all time favorite games and will always have a special place in my heart.

Which is why I'm very excited for the remake.

FF7 is a top five for me easily among FF games. It’s my number 1. Also just one of my favorite games of all time in general. Can’t count how many times I’ve played it back in the day on both ps1 and PC. Then on ps3 and currently have been playing through it again on Switch. The remake looks incredible and is without a doubt one of my most anticipated next year. Gotta get my pre order in soon :)

FF7 is a top five for me easily among FF games. It’s my number 1. Also just one of my favorite games of all time in general. Can’t count how many times I’ve played it back in the day on both ps1 and PC. Then on ps3 and currently have been playing through it again on Switch. The remake looks incredible and is without a doubt one of my most anticipated next year. Gotta get my pre order in soon :)
I played it again on the PS4. The fast forward button makes is such a nice feature to have.

FF7 will always have a special place in my heart as well. It got me into Final Fantasy to begin with. But for me, 8 is what I connected to the most story wise.

And looking back on the PS1 era as a whole, 9 is probably the best combination of all elements of Final Fantasy to that point. It had the old high fantasy elements, the sci-fi, great music, the visuals were incredible, and it probably has the most fleshed out story and deals with some of the deepest themes in the series. Vivi’s arc is a thing of beauty.

But hell, you just can’t go wrong with the PS1 era. Tactics is great as well! It really was the golden age for the series.

I just better be getting an FF 1-6 collection on the switch someday...

I just better be getting an FF 1-6 collection on the switch someday...
Man, FF1 is tough. I still have a working NES, and that is not an easy game. It also isn’t as story focused, so it was harder for me to get into it. But it’s cool to see how it all started.

Also, if anyone wants a fun trip down nostalgia lane, and also see some well edited and thought out reviews, check out Resonant Arc’s (formerly Dark Pixel) Final Fantasy video reviews. Good stuff.

Man, FF1 is tough. I still have a working NES, and that is not an easy game. It also isn’t as story focused, so it was harder for me to get into it. But it’s cool to see how it all started.

Yeah, without a warrior, things were tough.

Great feature for sure its on the Switch version as well. Makes it really easy when you wanna just level up fast and can fight enemies faster.
All about that Knights of the Round Table. Especially when you mime it. :hehe:

I really hope they release a "collection" of FF1-VI for the current systems.

Yay!! Tifa!! may have to check out the game now.......lol.

New trailer is coming out tomorrow morning. 10 am EST/7 am PST.

Reactions: FVD
I started playing Final Fantasy VIII a while back, so not the remastered version, and it's my first time playing it. The game is breezingly easy when you mostly rely on GFs and upgrade them.

Currently playing through FFVI atm. Also getting some joy out of these mods (A World Reborn) improving the backgrounds, the monsters while also having an orchestral soundtrack which has been enhancing the game for me, this present moment. I used to own FFIII on the SNES years ago but I never managed to finish it, due to the fact that I used a NTSC converter on my PAL console - and sometimes the console couldn't read the cartridge properly resulting in a black screen map thus not managing to travel around properly. :(

So it's nice to finish where I started now though this time, I'm trying for Gold Medals in the Bestiary which is time consuming, yes but I'm enjoying the heck out of it. ;)

I still haven't picked up FFVIII Remastered yet though I'm hearing pretty mixed reviews so far...

Also, all the TGS footage of FFVII Remake looks AMAZING!!!!!! :)

4 days ago
Square Enix Has Released A Fantastic New Trailer For The Highly Anticipated FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE

Ahead of this year's Tokyo Game Show, Square Enix decided to drop a brand-new trailer for the long-awaited, and highly anticipated, Final Fantasy VII Remake.Read more

| 9/11/2019
Filed Under: "Final Fantasy VII" Source: Final Fantasy
FFVIIBanner-September11.png

This year's Tokyo Game Show is just around the corner, and developers have taken the opportunity to give fans a taste of what's to come in terms of upcoming releases; something that fans are more than likely going to appreciate.

Square Enix is one of those developers that had announced they would be releasing new trailers, particularly one for the long-awaited and highly anticipated Final Fantasy VII Remake, and they have delivered; releasing a fantastic new trailer that introduces some classic characters we hadn't seen before.

Reno and Rude are some of the characters that have finally shown up in the game, although fans already knew it was only a matter of time before they got to see them. And what's probably the most interesting character, not because of the character per se, would be Don Corneo — who seems like is being voiced by none other than Mark Hamill, although Square Enix hasn't actually confirmed this.

This new trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake also features some gameplay that keeps showing off the game's new, and more dynamic combat style, but don't take my word for it and be sure to check out the trailer down below.

In Midgar, a city controlled by the mega-conglomerate Shinra Inc., the No. 1 Mako Reactor has been blown up by a rebel group, AVALANCHE. AVALANCHE was secretly formed to wage a rebellion against Shinra Inc., an organisation which is absorbing Mako energy, destroying the natural resources of the planet. Cloud, a former member of Shinra's elite combat force, SOLDIER, was involved with the bombing of the Mako Reactor. Can Cloud and AVALANCHE protect the planet from the huge, formidable enemy, Shinra Inc.?

Final Fantasy VII Remake will become available for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on the 3rd of March in 2020.

More Recently

17 hours ago
Over 30 Minutes Of Gameplay For Square Enix's FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Released Online
This new Final Fantasy Vii Remake video, released during the this year's Tokyo Game Show, gives us over 30 minutes of gameplay that shows off the game's combat, and more!Read more

| 9/14/2019
Filed Under: "Final Fantasy VII" Source: PlayStation
FFVIIBanner-June20.png

Square Enix promised that they would be giving fans of the Final Fantasy series a few treats during this year's Tokyo Game Show, and they have really managed to keep their promise.

This past Wednesday, the developer released an action-packed trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake that gave us a look at the Turks, and also showed off some gameplay featuring the new, and more dynamic combat style.

As the Tokyo Game Show event is about to wrap up, Square Enix to show us some extended gameplay for Final Fantasy VII Remake that gives us a look at the classic mode combat — which allows players to slow down time while they choose different actions in real time — and even shows off the classic squat minigame.

Take a look:

In Midgar, a city controlled by the mega-conglomerate Shinra Inc., the No. 1 Mako Reactor has been blown up by a rebel group, AVALANCHE. AVALANCHE was secretly formed to wage a rebellion against Shinra Inc., an organisation which is absorbing Mako energy, destroying the natural resources of the planet. Cloud, a former member of Shinra's elite combat force, SOLDIER, was involved with the bombing of the Mako Reactor. Can Cloud and AVALANCHE protect the planet from the huge, formidable enemy, Shinra Inc.?

Final Fantasy VII Remake will become available for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on the 3rd of March in 2020.

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

This really couldn't look better. The newest trailer was everything.

everything about this game looks fantastic!! it does really look and feel like a whole new game, while still being familiar.

my only concern is the episodic nature and just how many eps ( and how long will it take ) to complete the whole game.

Is it going to be a trilogy, with each game releasing every other year? That would obviously span into next gen, but I'd be fine with that schedule.

if, however, it's going to be more than 3 games, and/or the wait between each game is going to be 3-5 years or more, then that's not very appealing.

Galbadia Garden mission was a bit of a pain, and I'm talking about the parts before Seifer's battle. I did not care enough to check status upgrades by junctioning magic into your status.
Caught Diablos after multiple tries, and I'm glad I did that before battling Seifer and Edea, but had I known he's be the best GF against these two I'd have developed him more to breeze through the battle.

Cerberus battle is annoying, I chose to not own that jerk, but at least I did not miss on getting Alexander.
Currently playing through FFVI atm. Also getting some joy out of these mods (A World Reborn) improving the backgrounds, the monsters while also having an orchestral soundtrack which has been enhancing the game for me, this present moment. I used to own FFIII on the SNES years ago but I never managed to finish it, due to the fact that I used a NTSC converter on my PAL console - and sometimes the console couldn't read the cartridge properly resulting in a black screen map thus not managing to travel around properly. :(
I forgot about that PAL and NTSC incompatibility stuff, it was a mess for the PS1.

FF7 has been delayed a month. Causing chaos in everyone's release plans...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"