The Offical Peter Fonda/Mephisto Thread (All Pics/News Welcome!)

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by CAPoholic, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Hunter Rider Ronin

Awesome choice IMO,cant wait to see him in prosthetics.Perfect voice also very enigmatic

2. Sardaukar Registered

I'm not convinced they're going for the red robes.

They'll probably try an updated look.

3. Sardaukar Registered

That's my question of the day.

4. FlameHead Registered

... and it's a very confusing one. What do you mean? Are you referring to Mephistopheles?

5. FlameHead Registered

I'm not sure what they're gonna do with the look of the character either. I doubt it will look a whole lot like that bust... but we'll see.

Also I found and article (http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/588/588889p1.html) that states that fonda "WILL" play the character. Previous articles were stating that it was just in the works.

6. Retroman Registered

Peter Fonda in Ghost Rider?!!! Who would have ever thought? :eek: Awesome work MSJ! I guess this leaves out Voight then.

[​IMG]

7. FlameHead Registered

Awesome job is right. MSJ is da man.

As for Voight, don't count him out yet. There are still a lot of roles that he could have... a cameo at the very least. Either way, I'm happy that he's a fan and still working on the project in some aspect.

8. skorponok ----------

MSJ is hereby appointed the Chancellor of casting comic book films.

9. FlameHead Registered

Here, Here.

... no, here.

10. Dr.Dude Registered

Great choice for the part. I can easily see Fonda being awesome as Mephisto, and he definitely has the perfect look---- just glance at the pic Retroman posted, and its almost uncanny.

And I think they could do Mephisto's comic look on the screen for the most part. Just give Fonda the reddish skin, blank eyes with no pupil, scarlet costume and cloak, and the long and spikey hair. Blackheart, on the other hand, is gonna be a lot more difficult... ;)

11. X-Ray Ippiki-ookami

12. BIGGUN Registered

if there ever was one...it would be really really short :D
    but yes Fonda's name or nickname in Easy Rider was Capt. America....so yeah i guess you could say its GR vs C. America ...in a way.

13. FlameHead Registered

I'm just wonderin' how extream are they gonna make the characters? I mean, the demons may be as simple as what you'd see in the Weadonverse. The may never evolve into the montster that we know and love as Blackheart.

14. FlameHead Registered

LOL. Short indeed.

Don't worry X-Ray, I did a double take at that headline as well.

15. BIGGUN Registered

Blackheart may look pretty close to his comic version as it could easily translate well to the big screen. Mephisto on the other hand would be a different story.
    i dont think it would be a good idea to make him look like the classic style...y'know w/ the red socks? heh. they may just have one scene where you see his true form and it could be pretty monstrous...something different than from what was seen in the comics. i wouldnt mind since the Devil has had all kinds of different forms in all the films/stories that hes appeared in.
    im sure both Blackheart and Mephisto will look like humans for a good part of the film and only change when needed for combat/mass destruction (BH) or to get a point across (Mephisto).

16. FlameHead Registered

Yeah, I picture Mephisto changing only slightly at times just to inflict fear. Much like Randal Flagg in 'The Stand'. He changed to his demon form just to scare... and it was just his face that changed. Perhaps we'll see something like that. I'd like to see him in his 90's form personally. I know it's highly unlikely, but to see him rise from the earth in a huge hulking monstrosity, just once, won't be awesome!!

You're probably right about Blackheart though. We'll probably see him in full form just to have something to play against the fiery headed demon hero. I just won't be believable to have a human goin' toe to toe with him... espcailly after seeing how powerful he really is throughout the movie... if they show how powerful he is.

17. Caliber Registered

Mephistopheles or Mephisto. Whats the difference because they have both been used for devil like characters.

18. FlameHead Registered

There is no difference at all. Put it this way; it's the same as sayin' Steve or Stephen.

19. Caliber Registered

Wow Fonda could be a great Mephisto.

20. FlameHead Registered

I hope he's a better 'devil' than the guy who played Lucifer in Constantine. I wasn't impressed with that guy at all as I found he overacted too much... but that's for another thread.

21. BIGGUN Registered

Fonda is known for his cool, laid back character. this is what i envisioned Mephisto to be.
    the actor in Constantine who played Lucifer i thought was pretty sleazy...which was a unique take on the Devil. looked like he wanted to have his way w/ Keanu :eek: he was mighty creepy imo...

22. FlameHead Registered

I agree, it was creepy. I did like how he seemed to be discusted by the skin he was wearing. You know what I mean? It was indeed a unique take and maybe I was being hard on him because I know there is a very important depiction of this character coming up. Who knows?

He was good, not great but he was much greater than Neonu.

23. AmerikazMostWanted Registered

This thread is for everything Peter Fonda ( mephisto) Post all pics , upcoming movie pics , peter fonda pics , mephisto comic pics , everything mephisto/ peter fonda!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Anyone find it strange that "Captain America" is playing Mephisto? Just thought it was funny.

25. AmerikazMostWanted Registered

hahaha he was captain america? I think I remeber.