The Offical Peter Fonda/Mephisto Thread (All Pics/News Welcome!)

SUPERBENITEZ said:
Mephisto.jpg

It'd just be so cool if they made him up to look like this. That would definately be the dogs back wheels.

Always thought the prosthetics in 'Legend' to make Tim Curry into Darkness was cool - and that was 1985! Considering the advances they've made (just look at Pearlman in Hellboy) they could totally have made Fonda into an amazing Mephisto just like in the image above. Shame it doesnt look likely that we'll see it.

legend1.jpg

Darkness.jpg

2003_hellboy_001.jpg

hellboy.jpg

Well that's a good coincindence, since Miles Teves was behind the prosthetics of Legend, and he's working on GR :D
I strongly suspect the hellcycle is his a work of him, same style, but maybe he did/designed also the looks of the baddies...

InVictus said:
Well that's a good coincindence, since Miles Teves was behind the prosthetics of Legend, and he's working on GR :D
I strongly suspect the hellcycle is his a work of him, same style, but maybe he did/designed also the looks of the baddies...

Ooooooo, good spot. Legend had fabulous design work and prosthetics.

:up:

Another curious coincidence is the cover and look of Mephisto in Ghost Rider (v2) issue 19, that seems an "homage" to the Legend daemon, same horns, same ears, same jaw...
I wonder if after all MSJ called Teves because of that...

I've been meaning to post something like this for a while. Another look Mephisto has had in the comics. I always liked this one more. Feels more... alien.

daredevil270072ps.jpg

you mean this one(whati some second for it to transform):
Mephisto.gif

Yeah, i like it more too, it's just more characteristic...

That's the transformation I want too. A big hulking beast rising up from the ground in his oh so intimidating way. We probably shouldn't get our hopes up for it though...

FlameHead said:
That's the transformation I want too. A big hulking beast rising up from the ground in his oh so intimidating way. We probably shouldn't get our hopes up for it though...

Just as long as they do a better job than they did on Malebolgia fom the Spawn movie

InVictus said:
you mean this one(whati some second for it to transform):
Mephisto.gif

Yeah, i like it more too, it's just more characteristic...
:eek: i hope something like that is in the movie....

and hopefully the fx are perfect:up:

Mephisto.gif

I think they should just use this in the finished movie!

I don't mean a realistic cgi version of this look...I mean this actual GIF when and if he turns into his more demonic form.

That would really mess with the minds of the viewing public and would no doubt win an award for best CGI

wolfsfang said:
That would really mess with the minds of the viewing public and would no doubt win an award for best CGI
ROTFL!!.. not with those graphics!:D :p :p

wolfsfang said:
Just as long as they do a better job than they did on Malebolgia fom the Spawn movie

malebolgia was a totally ripoff of this version of Mephisto... more blobbed and fat. Damn i hate so much mc Farlane, he robbed so much from GR...

InVictus said:
malebolgia was a totally ripoff of this version of Mephisto... more blobbed and fat. Damn i hate so much mc Farlane, he robbed so much from GR...

I just thought that he was another variation of the Devil as some people see Mephisto, the idea of the ultimate super bad guy with limitless power and no morals who controls and corrupts, taking the souls of the innocent for hos own personal gain.

While McFarlane might be a **** I confess that Spawn is one of my top 3 fave characters and that is due to the characters of Malebolgia and the Violator. (I can't help it I'm a sucker for demons)

i hate spawn...

the movie was ok though...back then

Each to their own I suppose. To me it makes hell sound much more interesting then heaven (I'm atheist so I don't believe but am interested). In heaven you might get to sit on a cloud and pluck at a harp, but according to Spawn if you go to hell you get loads of power with a suit, chains and cool red cape.

But this is the GR thread so enough about Spawn and back to the Rider

wolfsfang said:
Each to their own I suppose. To me it makes hell sound much more interesting then heaven (I'm atheist so I don't believe but am interested). In heaven you might get to sit on a cloud and pluck at a harp, but according to Spawn if you go to hell you get loads of power with a suit, chains and cool red cape.

But this is the GR thread so enough about Spawn and back to the Rider
ROTFL!!!..... but in GR (the new comic the came out) those angels were ****ing dangerous....

remember that creepy angelic lady that looked like a dike and was killing lots of people.

Sorry never saw those GR comics with the creepy angelic dike lady

wolfsfang said:
Sorry never saw those GR comics with the creepy angelic dike lady
:eek: ..... thats the only GR comic ive ever read and it was:eek: ..the drawings were to die for!!!

Absolutely. Even if you don't like the writing, Wolfsgang, the series is well worth getting just for Clayton Crain's beautiful artwork.

I'd recommend the Ghost Rider: Resurrected graphic novel above all though. It's a collection of the first issues of the 90's run and they're what got me into GR.

Well if I find it (where I live is not well know for comics stores) I will give it a go.

InVictus said:

Amen, my brother.
:down :mad:

I don't care who is a rip off of who. I like characters because I just like them...and I like Malebolgia (especially his name)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"