The Offical Saturday Night Live Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't mind seeing an Asian out there too...just saying.

Seriously. Get Bobby Lee.

Which brings up an interesting idea. Why can't SNL just hire some former Madtv alumni.

Will Sasso would get a bigger audience/fame if he went to SNL. His Kenny Rodgers and Steven Segal would have become legendary.

"So get your girl what she really wants"

"Your whole hand in"

LMAO :D looked like that line broke Affleck also

Affleck has hosted five times?

That's the quietest "Welcome to the Five Timers Club" initiation ever.

Which brings up an interesting idea. Why can't SNL just hire some former Madtv alumni.

Will Sasso would get a bigger audience/fame if he went to SNL. His Kenny Rodgers and Steven Segal would have become legendary.

Will Sasso on SNL would be so awesome

Despite his movies being crap as of late, I would still like to see Adam Sandler come back and host.

This was his last appearance, 11 years ago:

[YT]d1sf5yqZX-k[/YT]

He's among a list of stars I would like to see host Saturday Night Live who have never hosted.

Are we really discussing SNL using old MADtv people? You guys must not know anything about Lorne Michaels.

Affleck has hosted five times?

That's the quietest "Welcome to the Five Timers Club" initiation ever.
Made it even funnier, especially him referencing Timberlake's celebration

Made it even funnier, especially him referencing Timberlake's celebration

And Bobby Moynihan wearing a t-shirt that said "5" on it and making up a song on the fly.

Next time there is a host on the verge of a 5th time, maybe he'll get the Timberlake initiation and Affleck becomes one of those wearing the smoking jacket alongside Tom Hanks, Alec Baldwin, Timberlake, Chevy Chase and Steve Martin.

I never found Lee to be funny on MadTV.

Im surprised Seth's brother Josh never made it to SNL. They look so much alike that I always used to get them confused when both were on opposite shows

I never found Lee to be funny on MadTV.

Im surprised Seth's brother Josh never made it to SNL. They look so much alike that I always used to get them confused when both were on opposite shows

I would not be surprised if Josh played a role on Seth's new talk show.

Well, SNL does have Keenan Thompson, who I would assume many of us here remember from his days at Nickelodeon. His decade long stint on SNL makes him the most successful Former All That cast member ever (Amanda Bynes has fallen on hard times lately and Nick Cannon is basically Mr. Mariah Carey).

When Armisen and Sudekis officially leave, he'll be the longest reigning cast member on the show, which is already longer than his combined stints in Nickelodeon (All That and Keenan and Kel).

I hope Tarran and Jay get featured in more skits now. Both of those guys have talent pouring out of them. Likewise for Cecily and Kate.

Keenan needs to go. Is he actually funny? He plays them same character in each of his different "characters". Same mannerisms, same voice.

I think the same about the weird looking new guy, he's just not versatile enough and kind of plays the "default" roles.

Aidy needs to be in more material before we know what she's capable of. I'm kind of hoping she has a crack at the desk, but they may even get someone new to take over Seth's role.

yes Keenan is funny and needs to stauy

Is Seth definitely coming back for the fall and leaving after Christmas? It seemed like the Stefon sketch was his big send-off.

Is Seth definitely coming back for the fall and leaving after Christmas? It seemed like the Stefon sketch was his big send-off.

All reports have indicated that he's leaving after Christmas.

Keenan needs to go. Is he actually funny? He plays them same character in each of his different "characters". Same mannerisms, same voice.

9uoklu.jpg

I think the same about the weird looking new guy, he's just not versatile enough and kind of plays the "default" roles.

Yeah, Tim Robinson & Aidy Bryant are the weakest members at the moment. Bryant has the most potential for growth among the two.

All reports have indicated that he's leaving after Christmas.

I have a feeling he's not going to be both head writer and Update person. He's going to need time to prep his new show, hire other writers, ect. I'm guessing he'll have an off camera role as a writer.

Out of curiosity, who would everyone else like to see host next season, either for the first time, or returning?

Some of my wish list would be...

New-
James Roday (as stated in my post above)
Dule Hill (maybe these two as a tandem hosting job)
Nathan Fillion
Ty Burrell
Peter Dinklage
Nick Offerman
Joel McHale
Kaitlin Olsen
Eric Stonestreet

Returning-
Christopher Walken
Louis CK
Charlie Day
Paul Rudd
Amy Poehler
Adam Sandler
Will Ferrell
The Rock

Never Again-
Jamie Foxx
Kevin Hart
Daniel Craig
Anna Faris
Katy Perry
Jeremy Renner

I'm sure I could think of more for each category, bu there's that.

New:
- Will Smith
- James Roday
- Ty Burrell
- Eric Stonestreet
- Joel McHale

Returning:
- Melissa McCarthy
- Alec Baldwin
- Tom Hanks
- Jon Hamm
- Louis CK
- Eddie Murphy
- Adam Sandler
- Amy Poehler
- Paul Rudd
- Tina Fey

I'd like to see Emma Watson host.

I'd be down with that. When does Bling Ring come out? She could do it to promote that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"