The Offical Saturday Night Live Thread - Part 3

So weird seeing Kit Harrington clean shaven

It might have something to do with the fact that he was fired from the show back in the day, along with Chris Farley. But as I recall, he did appear on the 40th Anniversary special.
I'm not exactly sure, but he has shown up once or twice since. Just not hosted. It's ABOUT TIME. Adam is the one former cast member I really still want to see do this.

For the very first time, Adam Sandler is hosting (May 4 with Shawn Mendes). His last cameo appearance was November 16, 2002.

DdRPNvR.gif

Emma Stone was a delight. Honestly did not get the hype around BTS, but to each their own.

Loved "Meet You In The Ladies Room". I laughed so hard at Keenan realizing they'd already used the changing room as a bathroom. Made it even more funny to know that this is an actual song from the 80's.

The View skit was hilarious. Aidy as Megan McCain saying "as the princess of Arizona" had me rolling.

The Actress was my favorite skit of the night. I was crying from laughing so hard. I've rewatched it too many times to count at this point and still get cracked up.

Watching the Netflix movie "Wine Country" got me thinking:

- The women of SNL in the early 2000's were all pretty good with Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph, Rachael Dratch and Ana Gasteyer.

But that cast from the 2000's itself was pretty good. Besides those ladies, Bill Hader, Jason Sudeikis, Fred Armisen, Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers, Will Forte and Andy Samberg. Also Kristin Wiig

Last edited:
Watching the Netflix movie "Wine Country" got me thinking:

- The women of SNL in the early 2000's were all pretty good with Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph, Rachael Dratch and Ana Gasteyer.

But that cast from the 2000's itself was pretty good. Besides those ladies, Bill Hader, Jason Sudeikis, Fred Armisen, Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers, Will Forte and Andy Samberg. Also Kristin Wiig
I remember the show stumbled a bit in the early 2000's after Will Ferrell left. The saving graces were really Fey, Poehler and Rudolph. Once Wiig, Sudeikis, Hader and Samberg joined in the mid-2000's, it found its footing again.

I remember the show stumbled a bit in the early 2000's after Will Ferrell left. The saving graces were really Fey, Poehler and Rudolph. Once Wiig, Sudeikis, Hader and Samberg joined in the mid-2000's, it found its footing again.

Honestly, I didn't care for Samberg until Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Honestly, I didn't care for Samberg until Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
I didn't fall in love with "Lazy Sunday" like everyone else seemed to, but "D*ck in a Box" made me a fan.

That will be the one to watch.

I would put good money on Eddie Murphy's episode being the most anticipated or most viewed episode of the season, even if the episode itself ends up being average.

It's one thing for a former cast member to return, but given Eddie Murphy's history with SNL, and that he even returned for the 40th anniversary, makes this a very big deal.

Eddie Murphy hosting SNL is a bigger deal then when Sandler hosted last season, and Sandler hosting last year was also in the "what took so long category?" much like Murphy.

Good to see a few first timers in Pheobe Waller Bridge and David Harbour.

Murphy isn’t supposed to host until December. Plenty of time for that to fall apart. :o

I do hope it actually happens, though. I’d love to see Mr. Robinson come back.

She does good work, probably trying to do more movies.

Leslie Jones did good enough on SNL to earn Emmy Nominations.

I actually thought McKinnon would have left before Jones but she got better with every season she was on, especially in her Weekend Update appearances.

So now the impressions Jones had done now belong to the other black girl. I forgot her name, but damn....she's a bit of a stunner.

It's never a good idea to have just one black chick on a comedy sketch show. Need at least two to cover all the bases of light and dark skinned impressions.

It's never a good idea to have just one black chick on a comedy sketch show. Need at least two to cover all the bases of light and dark skinned impressions.

The problem was that Leslie Jones and Ego (I think that's her name) and Sasheer Zamata before that were dark skinned.

New cast members announced. Bowen Yang previously played Kim Jong-Un last season. He is the first Asian cast member(sorry Rob Schneider)

In addition to Yang, SNL has recruited Groundlings performer Chloe Fineman and fellow comedian Shane Gillis.

SNL Adds 3 New Featured Players, Including First Asian Cast Member

Shane Gillis might not even make to the first episode. A podcast from last year was uncovered with him spewing racial slurs at Asians.

SNL Newcomer Shane Gillis Used Asian Slur in September 2018 Podcast Video

Preemptive strike like a mother****er.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"