The official All-Star Superman thread

I finaly read All Star Superman: Vol 1 and I'm not sure I really like AS-SM. In my opinion the last issue of the book(issue 6 I think) was a really good story. But the Jimmy Olsen part on the Lex story to me where skippable. There where parts that I liked, mainly the Lois/Superman stuff. There just seems to be something about it that I just can't put my finger on.

The Olsen bit isn't particularly memorable, but the Luthor plot comes heavily into play in Vol. 2. I was kinda iffy on it myself, but the second half of the story is where things really pick up.

I loved the Olsen stuff. Best interpretation of the character ever.

The last issue with Superman dying as Clark Kent when Lex shows up was excellent.

"This? This is a Gravity Gun."

I just loved how even after that no-one believed Clark Kent was Superman just Superman had come dressed as Clark Kent.

There is just so much stuff packed into that series which worked perfectly. Earth-Q and I adored the stuff with Bar-El and his wife. Just showing that Superman isn't important for being the last Krypton he's important because he is the best of Krypton and the best of Earth. Admitting that he could have done more to help Earth - so the next issue he cures most of Earths diseases and et al.

I'm happy it's not continuity but it will be the first Superman book I recommend.

The Olsen bit isn't particularly memorable, but the Luthor plot comes heavily into play in Vol. 2. I was kinda iffy on it myself, but the second half of the story is where things really pick up.

So does vol:2 make parts of vol:1 make more sense? I almost bought vol:2 when I got vol:1 but I thought I would wait in case I didn't like AS-SM.

I finaly read All Star Superman: Vol 1 and I'm not sure I really like AS-SM. In my opinion the last issue of the book(issue 6 I think) was a really good story. But the Jimmy Olsen part on the Lex story to me where skippable. There where parts that I liked, mainly the Lois/Superman stuff. There just seems to be something about it that I just can't put my finger on.
Well, I disliked the Jimmy Olsen part too. the Lex Luthor Story could have been much better IMO, but I think it was good anyway, in a G.Morrisson kind of way ; the whole thing comes into play in the second volume anyway.
But these 2 chapters does not affect my opinion on the whole serie. The serie is amazing. It takes Superman where he belongs and I think the writing was excellent. I loved AS-Superman, I think it was brilliant, and the highlights for me were Lois-superwoman, Bizarro world and all the end (the last2 issues). :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"