The official All-Star Superman thread

Assassin said:
BTW..whats with the willy wonka with the amazing technicolor rain coat? Did he steal it from donnie osmond? Is he the All-star version of Dr emil hamilton? whats with that weird thing with the things coming out of the back??

some one anwser my questions!

The Leaguer said:
There is. I don't think Lex being publically outted as a criminal mastermind was ever done post-Crisis before Public Enemies, and I don't think Superman has been shown to lift 200 quintillion tons one-handed, either. And then there's the whole solar radiation poisoning being the reason he reveals himself to Lois thing.

It's Ultimate.
I don't think Superman was ever able to extend his biological force-field web thing like he did in the issue, either. That was the thing that struck me as weirdest.

And then there was the whole weird, blue energy from his eyes.

The Leaguer said:
And then there was the whole weird, blue energy from his eyes.

*note: I haven't read the book and I'm just pulling this right out of my ass, call it hindsight*

Well, heat/fire doesn't just come out in one color, there is blue fire, it's mostly the inner cone, where there is the most heat. Perhaps Superman was creating an even hotter heat vision?

No, the energy didn't burn anything, it just pushed a guy away. And it wasn't the same color as his bio-field, so I'm pretty sure that wasn't it, either.

The Leaguer said:
No, the energy didn't burn anything, it just pushed a guy away. And it wasn't the same color as his bio-field, so I'm pretty sure that wasn't it, either.

Huh. Well, like I said, I haven't read it yet, so I'm fresh out of ideas. I think Morrison is a good enough writer that if he didn't explain it somewhere in the text or Quitely didn't have something in the art, then it'll be mentioned next issue.

TheCorpulent1 said:
You like the goofy, half-******ed Clark? That was always the one thing I really, genuinely hated about the movies.

It's the only way I can buy the whole secret identity thing.

129640639xw.jpg

The Batman said:
Not only did this comic own AS Bats, but it owns post crisis superman.

cant wait till issue 2
I agree with everthing you just said

This comic brought respect back to Superman.

What are the new powers they gave him???

gildea said:
Its not really an ultimate its a classical elseworlds.

Where as ultimate is a completely new continuity this is a twelve issue self contained project and not a continuity.

I didn't see no.1 of 12 on it.

Its Ultimate:o

He's got, at the very very least, triple the strength he had. Plus he's able to extend bio-field to protect others. He shot out light blueish "rays" from his eyes similar to heat vision only it just propelled the villain away, it didn't decimate him.

Thats pretty much what I remember. But I'm sure we'll see more through the series.

So are the blue lasers like cyclops beam just concussive?

Sorta, but its two beams and not one combined like Cyke's.

You should get this book. :up:

I am I just don't have access to a shop only get to go every other week or so. But hopefully my new shop will start actually getting comics I haven't been there yet but I called the and they said they would have a ton of comics but not till dec. and I have to get the Axm. Vol. 2.

Astonishing X-Men Vol 2???

You interested in any Astonishing X-Men comics?? I have pretty much a full run. The only variant I have is the Del'Otto #1.

Yeah I only read astonishing and Ult in the x men comics but I doubt it'd be hard to find.

Well, I was just offering the single issues to you since I'm gonna either sell or trade them. I usually rotate through the comics I don't plan on keeping like that. If you might want the Astonishing X-Men issues just lemme know.

Ok but why don't you keep them they could be worth something...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................someday......

I'm not into comics for that. I read what I like, then if I don't wanna keep it I get rid of it.

But I'm not stupid, I'm not about to just give them away. I know what has value and what doesn't.

Wow I wonder what that's gonna be about?

Hmm, for some reason I thought it was two beams that combined into one at the impact, not halfway to impact. Well, I was slightly wrong.

Looks like there coming out of his hands too

Like he did a Ryu fireball plus his vison thing.

I noticed that when I read it, didn't remember till now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"