The Official Animated Wonder Woman DVD thread.

Her face is gonna take time to get a little used to. It's a pretty big departure from the typical rendition of WW.

However, one big plus is they've decided to give her a very mature look. Many times artists will just go for a pretty girl, but undoubtedly with this design, it's pure woman that can kick ass.

Her face is gonna take time to get a little used to. It's a pretty big departure from the typical rendition of WW.

However, one big plus is they've decided to give her a very mature look. Many times artists will just go for a pretty girl, but undoubtedly with this design, it's pure woman that can kick ass.

I agree, though Justice League:New Frontier presented the most balls out, kick ass Wonder Woman I have ever seen outside the comics. Lucy Lawless was an appropriate voice for her, and did you see how she had like half a foot over Superman?

080707wonderwoman_poster.jpg

Wow, thanks for the GREAT post!!! I really like her look...just from the profile teaser image she appears very sexy, powerful and mature. I was fearful we would see a Barbie look-a-like. I'm glad to see a departure from the JLU look (although that WW is hot as hell). This is a stand alone film, let's hope it's really good!!

PS
Can anyone remove the comic book logo???...I doubt they will use that for the movie.

Very cool poster. :up:

I can't wait for the film.

It's not just you. The nose seems a bit off. I was undecided at first, but the more I look at the image, the more I like it. Hopefully the dvd does really well, and then WB gets their asses in gear for the live action Wonder Woman.

And as a friend pointed out to me, the profile kinda looks like Megan Gale

24wcawn.jpg

Although the Batman Gotham Knight DVD only show storyboards, you get a really good sense of how WW will look (in action)...and it is very cool.

It's an origin pic rooted in Greek mythology and her (Diana's) quest to save Steve and return him to Man's World. It looks really good. Does anyone have or can post any of the storyboard images?

I'm very excited. Can't wait for this movie.

It's not just you. The nose seems a bit off. I was undecided at first, but the more I look at the image, the more I like it. Hopefully the dvd does really well, and then WB gets their asses in gear for the live action Wonder Woman.

And as a friend pointed out to me, the profile kinda looks like Megan Gale

24wcawn.jpg
Your right! But Megan still looks a lot more feminine than the WWA promo.

Because DC hasn't been able to maintain a solid DC animated universe within one continuity since JLU ended.

Because DC hasn't been able to maintain a solid DC animated universe within one continuity since JLU ended.

They haven't tried to. All the animated DTVs are separate from each other. Same reason Adam Baldwin wasn't Superman in The New Frontier as well as Superman-Doomsday.

They haven't tried to. All the animated DTVs are separate from each other. Same reason Adam Baldwin wasn't Superman in The New Frontier as well as Superman-Doomsday.

Thanks for the newsbreak, I don't know what was the bigger tip off, the fact that New Frontier takes places in the 40's or the fact that Gotham Knight has been described a bridge between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.
Anyway, I would be so so lost without your guidance, Odiin.
Thank you.

Although it would have been great if the voices remained the same from the JLU universe, it would then appear to the general public (as well as fans) that these self-contained films are part of that larger JLU universe, and it is clearly not meant to.

Personally, I welcome the other voice talents. I view each of these animated voice actors the same way I look at the various comic artists drawing the same character. From Alex Ross to Michael Turner (R.I.P.), the characters have very distinct looks based on the artist's POV. However, at its core, it is still the same character, just interpreted differently. I welcome that.

Whether its Susan Eisenberg, Lucy Lawless or Keri Russell, as long as the voice actors embody the character and what she's representing, I'm for it.

Thanks for the newsbreak, I don't know what was the bigger tip off, the fact that New Frontier takes places in the 40's or the fact that Gotham Knight has been described a bridge between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.
Anyway, I would be so so lost without your guidance, Odiin.
Thank you.

Well, excuse me. If you knew that all along, then that makes your original statement seem all the more ignorant.

Other than the nose being a bit flat, she gets my thumbs up.

As I said before great body and body language but at butta face.

i guess Keri will be a good Wonder Woman (young i guess), but im not crazy about her design. im all for simple and Bruce Timm's Wonder Woman (loved her), but for a full-length feature, epecially when it's not tied to any of the previous shows/movies, they should really step it up and make the characters shine.

I love how people want WW to look "exotic" and have olive skin complection because she's Greek (like that's a distinguishing feature) and forget that the long nose is an even more definitive Greek feature. But are now not really liking it. I thought she looked like Melina Katekeridis(sp?) from CSI:NY as soon as I saw her.

just because she is surrounded by greek mythology doesn't necessarily make her of greek heritage though.

As I see it, WW is more Greek (whether through birth or cultural exposure) than any other ethnic class.

Although her mother molded her from clay, the Greek Goddesses did give her life, powers, abilities and her stunningly beautiful looks. I can't imagine the vein Goddess Aphrodite 'selecting' any other worthy visage but the look of a Greek. The artists for this animated movie are obviously inspired by this rich culture of hers and that I find very cool. It maybe a bit over the top, but still within reason of her true beginnings.

In terms of there look for WW...it maybe a bit stereotypical but I like it. It quickly reminded me of another Greek animated icon...

gooef3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"