The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
McKay is also a part of the Judd Apatow School of Improvisation, meaning he can make script changes on the fly if he chose to.

I do have a feeling that Marvel + McKay + Rudd will make this movie even more bankable than it was before, regardless of the kvetching on other movie sites. People are thinking this is going to be nothing but a comedy -- it's ANT-Man. It was always going to be comedic. However, I do think there will be some good moments of emotion/heart in it as well; McKay's stuff manages to squeeze some in.

McKay's great at mixing action and comedy. I was actually kind of more worried that Marvel was going to get D'Esposito or Pearce and keep the movie in house. I have a feeling Rudd played a huge part in getting McKay on board if Beaks' drop pans out.

To be honest, I'm starting to think an Adam McKay "Ant-Man" film would be more interesting to watch then an Edgar Wright "Ant-Man" film. I do hope McKay is the director. McKay can handle action, comedy and improv (he would tweak the script as it's being shot, I would think) so well. Plus, he has worked with Paul Rudd (I think he recommended McKay) and A+ actors like Harrison Ford and Samuel L. Jackson.

An Adam McKay "Ant-Man" could end up being a very memorable, very awesome Marvel film.

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm starting to think an Adam McKay "Ant-Man" film would be more interesting to watch then an Edgar Wright "Ant-Man" film. I do hope McKay is the director.
IMO,Wright has a unique visual style that I would have liked to see added to a Marvel film .

Adam McKay makes crowd-pleasing comedies. This is going to make money on that alone.

He might not be the Ant-Man director we deserve, but he's the Ant-Man director we need.

I'm excited and will be relieved if Adam McKay is indeed the choice. I can't help but think Paul Rudd went to his office or called him BEGGING him to take over.

McKay must have worn Sex Panther cologne to his meeting with Marvel, which he probably bought at the "F'in Catalina Wine Mixer."

60% of the time, Adam McKay work every time.

Petition to include Sex Panther as an alternate Avenger.

I like it, everyone assuming that this is going to be 100% comedy, come on folks get real, besides The Other Guys had a couple of nice action pieces in that movie.

Yeah, I mean… The Russos. The. Russos. They shocked us with how well they balanced out the action + humor + emotion in TWS.

I've read on a few other sites that McKay is a HUGE comic book fan, and has been wanting to do a CBM for a while now. So while the movie will likely lack the artistry + entertainment flair Wright brings, McKay can very likely turn this into gold and make something fun. Which is all I'm hoping for at this point.

I do think McKay's sensibilities probably run closer to a more profitable version of James Gunn than Edgar Wright. But all three do have the proclivity of toying with the audience in their movies/breaking the 4th wall/going full on meta/etc. McKay is the more commercially successful of the three though.

Still keeping my fingers crossed that Gunn's GOTG Gamble pays off in dividends.

Repost from the 'WAAA Goodbye Ed!' thread which is rapidly approaching irrelevance.

That's actually a very insightful article. Thanks for (re-)sharing.

I feel for every one fan who swears off Ant-Man because Wright is no longer directing, there are 4 people who will go see a Marvel movie directed by the guy who did Anchorman/Talledega Nights/Stepbrothers.

Correct me if I am wrong but hasn't Mckay directed straight up Docu-dramas about recent history on HBO that have been highly praised?

I think Ant-Man could still work very well without Edgar Wright. Ant-Man could even sound a bit like the name of a Disney animated movie, and those have often been successful (look at Frozen). Those don't have to be as quirky as Wright's movies. The whole Ant-Man concept is quite Disney-ish, so I think it definitely has potential, especially under a different director who won't take nearly a decade to make the movie.

I like that Marvel takes chances with directors you dont expect will make super hero movies. First the Russos, now McKay. MAKE IT SPECIAL BABY!!

[YT]yk-AD1h4LDU[/YT]

Last edited:
Edgar Wright said his Ant-Man had a tone similar to the first Iron Man. I hope the tone for Ant-Man is as well balanced as CATWS and IM1.

Ant Man may be the most mainstream MCU film yet.

McKay must have worn Sex Panther cologne to his meeting with Marvel, which he probably bought at the "F'in Catalina Wine Mixer."

How could it fail--it works 100% of the time 60% of the time

^^ LOL. Im happy that McKay brings those hilarious comedies we all like with him.

[YT]NjAqVWUaGE0[/YT]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija