The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a completely different subject.........

Has there ever been any mention/speculation on the budget of the movie?

Surely it will cost much less than Avengers/IM3/GotG, right?

What do you suppose $130-$150 million?

I was always intrigued by the idea of "medium budget" MCU movie with budgets around $100 for the lesser known characters.

Surely not every Marvel hero needs a $170+ million budget to make a solid movie.

Since the cast isnt as huge as Avengers and it will probably revolve around reg sets and lots of CGI FX Id say 150 mill tops would be about right. I forget how much Iron Man cost but itll probably be a film like that. Cool style but not so expensive it loses money.

Last edited:
OK, that clip did a little bit more to reassure me than most. I do think the movie needs a little bit of humor through absurdity. My impression with his movies had been a lot of blunt, in your face humor. Subtlety and quirkiness seems to be closer to the goal with a Wright-like (or even Wright-lite) script.

I wonder if we'll get a new DOP, too. Bill Pope is Wright's normal director of photography but McKay may ask for his normal guy, Oliver Wood, to come on board. That wouldn't surprise me.

I really hope we like Ant Man as a character. Thats my main concern. we know they can do the FX and make it look good.

On a completely different subject.........

Has there ever been any mention/speculation on the budget of the movie?

Surely it will cost much less than Avengers/IM3/GotG, right?

What do you suppose $130-$150 million?

I was always intrigued by the idea of "medium budget" MCU movie with budgets around $100 for the lesser known characters.

Surely not every Marvel hero needs a $170+ million budget to make a solid movie.

Feige said something about it being the standard tentpole budget so between $130 and $150 million is probably a accurate estimate.

[YT]Q86Rn4jETVk[/YT]

You know you want to, McKay.

Its called Sex Panther by Odin, its illegal in a dozen countries. And yes, its made with real bits of panther so you know its good.

This announcement makes me want to pop Talladega Nights and the Anchorman films in the DVD player, LOL!!!!

Too bad Rhoman Dey from Guardians doesn't have any connections to Ant Man as I woudl have loved to have seen John C. Reilly in an Adam McKay directed MCU movie.

They seriously need to work Sex Panther into the movie somewhere :oldrazz:

and Steve Carrell as Random Pym employee who comes out of nowhere and for no apparent reason yells out all of the names of the Avengers.

If there's something I learned after the Russos' awesome Winter Soldier, is that I shouldn't prejudge anymore. Adam McKay is certainly the only one of that short list that makes me kind of excited. If the script is good and he hits the tone, then the rest will follow. I'm curious and optimistic.

"Breaking: Adam McKay Pulls Out of 'Ant-Man' Director Negotiations"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"