The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking that most of the action/CGI scenes were already done for the most part even probably before Peyton came on board. No visible faces (unlike Thor, for example), so lots of time to render; they probably had all the principal photography left to fill in the gaps. Which is why I think the release date was so close to the actual filming.
I'm sorry, is late. Am I making any sense?

I'm just glad that after 8 years the film is finally made.

Michael Douglas: I'm just glad that after 38 years the film is finally being made. :oldrazz:

Last edited:
Well the Edgar Wright debacle notwithstanding, the cast has been pretty positive about their experience in this film and there have been no other rumors about significant behind-the-scenes problems, so in that respect it's already a leg up on the Thor films and TIH.

I keep thinking that most of the action/CGI scenes were already done for the most part even probably before Peyton came on board. No visible faces (unlike Thor, for example), so lots of time to render; they probably had all the principal photography left to fill in the gaps. Which is why I think the release date was so close to the actual filming.
I'm sorry, is late. Am I making any sense?
Yeah. Marvel already knows what movie they want because they do pre-vis before they hire directors.

So that makes the third BE alumni to join the MCU along with Cox and Whigham, at least that I know of so far.

Maybe Marvel can get Steve Buscemi at some point, he's awesome

Pan has moved to the next weekend, to avoid a showdown with AntMan

Pan didn't move far enough. They should've moved opposite FFINO.

Admittedly it’s not much news in it of itself, but an updated synopsis for Ant-Man (July 17, 2015) provided to us by Marvel Studios and Walt Disney Studios assigns character names to many of the ensemble cast. Details are as follows:

The next evolution of the Marvel Cinematic Universe brings a founding member of The Avengers to the big screen for the first time with Marvel Studios’ “Ant-Man.” Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in
scale but increase in strength, master thief Scott Lang must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.

Marvel’s “Ant-Man” stars Paul Rudd as Scott Lang aka Ant-Man, Evangeline Lilly as Hope Van Dyne, Corey Stoll as Darren Cross aka Yellowjacket, Bobby Cannavale as Paxton, Michael Peña as Luis, Judy Greer as Maggie, Tip “Ti” Harris as Dave, David Dastmalchian as Kurt, Wood Harris as Gale, Jordi Mollà as Castillo
and Michael Douglas as Hank Pym.

Directed by Peyton Reed and produced by Kevin Feige, Marvel’s “Ant-Man” delivers a high-stakes, tension-filled adventure on July 17, 2015.

Writing credits are still to be determined (TBD).

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-antman-peripheral-cast-character-names-73671/

Huh, wonder if Peggy Rae's name was changed to Maggie because of Peggy Carter.

I imagine they changed Peggy Rae to Maggie because of Peggy Carter.

Looks like the South American character Castillo survived the script changes with Bad Boys 2 and Riddick actor Jordi Mollà playing the role.

I'm guessing Dave, Kurt, Paxton and Gale are Scott Lang's four buddies that have been mentioned.

I didn't expect Pan to move but after Guardian s Of The Galaxy I guess every studio is thinking twice about a same day release of a Marvel studios film that targets a similar demographic.

Huh, wonder if Peggy Rae's name was changed to Maggie because of Peggy Carter.

They could've changed it to Penny Rae, so that it's similar enough, but not the same as Peggy. So it's not even Maggie Rae now?

Jordi Molla joins Robert Knepper and Peter Stormare as "Actors who should never play anyone but bad guys"

Last edited:
From the cast list, it looks like many of these actors are one and done in the MCU

From the cast list, it looks like many of these actors are one and done in the MCU

Yea, I was sort of hoping for Easter eggs. Superior-Foe of Spider-man caliber villains but without their costumes or something, like the Extremis soldiers. Characters that otherwise wouldn't make it to film most likely. That said, I'm sure there is a Kurt and a Dave and a Gale somewhere that they could be a stand in for. EDIT- I thought I was quoting something about original characters

Last edited:
Also many of the actors seem to be playing original characters, which seems to be a trend in the MCU.

Outside of Howard and Peggy, it seems to me that Marvel may be reluctant to have cameos from other MCU characters hence the large number of original characters.

I'm surprised there aren't more comic characters. Iron Man 3 for example used some lesser known comic characters in a number of roles.

They could of used Crossfire as Pym/Cross Technologies head of security for example.

I'm surprised there aren't more comic characters. Iron Man 3 for example used some lesser known comic characters in a number of roles.

It's possible that those names are red herrings, but who knows.

They could of used Crossfire as Pym/Cross Technologies head of security for example.

Crossfire may have been played by Patrick Wilson, but was cut out when he left.

And I imagine this was all just mostly Wright using characters he made for the movie instead of picking from the comics.

Peyton Reed and Adam McKay are supposed to be big Marvel comic fans which is why I thought they might add a extra comic character when they joined the production.

Even a obscure property like Guardians Of The Galaxy had some lesser known comic characters throughout the film.

Who knows maybe Gregg Turkington has a cameo role as Egghead in the 60's prologue or something but it does seem a little weird to make a Marvel movie and not use a few more comic characters.

For a Marvel Studios movie, this film sure has a lot of original characters. There hasn't been that many original characters in the MCU since....well Agents of SHIELD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"