The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Pena mentioned Stan Lee... I just read Stan is in the hospital. We won't see him tonight and I'm literally praying for him and his recovery.

Are all members of the MCU invited to these premieres? And by that I mean: any chance of Boseman, Cumberbatch, or Holland?

I hope other actors will show up to this premiere, unless they are all shooting Civil War.

Evangeline is pregnant so I guess that keeps her out of Civil War.:(

A Bumblebee man shout out!

3396971844_c681086596_o.gif

Michael Pena mentioned Stan Lee... I just read Stan is in the hospital. We won't see him tonight and I'm literally praying for him and his recovery.

Oh man what happened to him?

YAY! Stan is fine!!!

God Bless that man!

I'm sad T.I. isn't at the premiere. At least, I didn't see him. But I didn't watch the whole thing.

That clip was amazing!

The first look at the world when it was small was pretty cool. I liked how they filmed everything, the sound design was really effective. The water hitting the tub, him trying to yell at Michael Pena...

That being said, I'm really starting to wonder whether or not this movie will actually be funny. The only joke I liked was the train joke, which admittedly was hilarious, but that's it. The rest seems kind of dull. And I'm not sure I'll like Michael Penas character.

Yeah I'm out as well, @flint well peeps seemed to enjoy the comedy buy that is subjective so everyone will have their own opinion I'm not worried per se but I'm hoping it works for me.

Yeah people keep praising it but I have my reservations. I'm certainly going into the film feeling cautiously optimistic because I like what I hear so far.
Nice avatar btw :woot:

Spoilers, though I imagine they've already been reported.

The movie opens with Hank Pym, Peggy Carter and Howard Stark discussing the potential dangers of the Ant-Man technology.

Hank and Janet Van Dyne operate as Ant-Man and the Wasp for SHIELD during the Cold War. During one mission, they need to prevent a nuclear warhead from hitting a populated area. Hank's suit is damaged, so Janet shrinks beyond the suit's capacity to defuse the bomb and disappears, believed to be dead. Hank believes the technology is too dangerous and seals it away.

Lang is forced to infiltrate the New Avengers' headquarters to retrieve an energy source developed by Stark Industries that they need to complete their heist on Pym Technologies, and comes across the Falcon. They fight, and Lang escapes with the device after disabling the Falcon's propulsion device. The Falcon then begins searching for Ant-Man.

At one point, the Falcon visits one of his contacts that is monitoring superhero activity. She mentions reports of a man who can climb walls and swing through buildings, but no word on a shrinking man.

In the final battle, Lang is also forced to shrink beyond the suit's capacity and ends up in the Microverse, but manages to return. It's implied Janet is lost there after the accident in the 1980's.

Cross dies after Lang damages the Yellowjacket's Pym Particles supply, causing Cross body to shrink and expand in gruesome ways. Lang also accidentally creates a giant-sized ant that becomes Cassie's pet.

Movie ends with Falcon finding Ant-Man to discuss things.

Mid-credits scene is Pym giving Hope a modified version of the Wasp suit.

After-credits scene is Captain America and Falcon finding a beat-up War Machine being held captive in a fortified base. After Captain America declines to calling Iron Man for help, Falcon decides to call Ant-Man.

Just finished watching the stream. Damn the macro shots really look good, glad they went with that instead of doing all CG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"