The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a little worried about box office. I was looking through Twitter and many people didn't care enough to give the movie a chance. Mant people thought the character is lame, stupid and a bad joke. Seems like there's many ignorant people out there.

Doesn't matter that much
Its Marvel cheapest movie at just 130m, in comparison TWS cost 170m and GoGT 200m

Even if Marvel put up a movie about paint drying, it would make 400-450m worldwide, which means Ant-man making more than 3 times its budget is a given

A lot of times, people don't think of watching things, but WOM can change their minds.

Trying my best to avoid the cut scenes Descrptions I so want to go into those spoiler free.

Hi all, long time lurker. I had a chance to see the movie last night at the early screening in Hollywood. Can confirm all spoilers to be true with the exception of one detail. Can somebody tell me how to use spoler tags?

Hi all, long time lurker. I had a chance to see the movie last night at the early screening in Hollywood. Can confirm all spoilers to be true with the exception of one detail. Can somebody tell me how to use spoler tags?

Yes sir, when make a post go to the advanced option and then click on the smiley face with a black bar over his eyes and make sure all the spoilers are between the tags and you will be good to go. Also please spoil the whole movie for me, I love spoilers

Quick question, how does it compare to the previous MCU movies?

Peyton Reed interested in doing prequel about Hank Pym :)

So it's fair to say that Lang isn't some kind of super genius like Stark or amazing fighter like BW or Hawkeye. So I hope they show eventually why he should be an Avenger when anyone can wear the suit and shrink.
Well Scott is a good electronics engineer and a highly talented thief.

Scott would be good for covert missions alongside Black Widow and he would be more reliable back up muscle as Giant-Man than the Hulk who can bee too volatile/dangerous.
Peyton Reed interested in doing prequel about Hank Pym :)

A Hank and Janet Cold War era prequel movie would be cool but I don't see Marvel going for it.

A Netflix or ABC limited series I think they might go for if their is interest.

I'd rather a sequel than a prequel

Doesn't matter that much
Its Marvel cheapest movie at just 130m, in comparison TWS cost 170m and GoGT 200m

Even if Marvel put up a movie about paint drying, it would make 400-450m worldwide, which means Ant-man making more than 3 times its budget is a given

Paint-Dryer: Age of Primer Coat.

But yeah, people online don't mean ****. The average joe with three kids that want to go see that new Marvel movie matter.

Doesn't matter that much

I just hope they get the box office numbers they deserve. I hope the WOM is strong with this one.

I am a little worried about box office. I was looking through Twitter and many people didn't care enough to give the movie a chance. Mant people thought the character is lame, stupid and a bad joke. Seems like there's many ignorant people out there.
Eh, I'm not too worried... majority of the MCU films have at least tripled the production budget in WW box office. And even if we were to take out the 3 $1b films (Avengers, IM3 & AOU), the other MCU films average out to at least $530 million in world wide box office (for Ant-Man, making that world wide would be 4x the production budget - assuming the $130 budget is indeed correct)

You could spoiler tagged these images since they contain the "F" Word which is a big no no on this site.

You'll get hammered for quoting them just as if you were the one to post them so you should tag or edit yours too.

I'd rather a sequel than a prequel

What if they did a prequel/sequel? Basically have 2 films in one, where Lang is doing something in the present day that coincides with a mission Hank and Janet did in the past. Could be kind of neat

I just wrote a long post that didnt get saved to here's the short version. Plus I'm at work. I really enjoyed the movie. Didn't no what to expect going in but was very pleased on the way out. I want to see it again before I try to rank it in the MCU. I'll clarify/add to the spoilers from the other page:

The movie opens with Hank Pym, Peggy Carter and Howard Stark discussing the potential dangers of the Ant-Man technology.

Micahel Douglas is digitally enhanced to look younger while Hayley Atwell is to look older in this scene.

Hank sets up Scott and his crew to steal the suit because Hank has been watching Scott for years knowing he may need his abilities to steal the yellow jacket suit one day.

Darren Cross is upset because Hank chose to montor him and then denied any knowledge about the Pym Particles or the suit and kept it away from Cross. Then he felt like he left him.

Hope is mad at Hank because he never told her the truth about what happend to her mom and Hank sent her to boarding school after she died.

Pym Tech is ran by Cross. Hank was voted out with Hope being the deciding vote.

Hank and Hope begin to train Scott on how to use the suit as well as communicate with the ants but Hope doesn't think Scott is necessary and wants to put on the suit and do it herself. Hank says no because of what happened to Janet.

After and argument and a chat from Scott, Hope goes inside the house where Hank explains what happened to Janet.

Hank and Janet Van Dyne operate as Ant-Man and the Wasp for SHIELD during the Cold War. During one mission, they need to prevent a nuclear warhead from hitting a populated area. Hank's suit is damaged, so Janet shrinks beyond the suit's capacity to defuse the bomb and disappears, believed to be dead. Hank believes the technology is too dangerous and seals it away.

Janet has been stuck in the microverse. Hank spent the next 10 years trying to find a way to get her back

Lang is forced to infiltrate the New Avengers' headquarters to retrieve an energy source developed by Stark Industries that they need to complete their heist on Pym Technologies, and comes across the Falcon. They fight, and Lang escapes with the device after disabling the Falcon's propulsion device. The Falcon then begins searching for Ant-Man.

Falcon lets it be known over radio that he does not want Cap to know he just got whooped on by a shrinking man.

Scott brings Michael Pena and his crew into the mix for the final heist. all goes well until Scott gets trapped in a small case and Cross reveals that he knew of their plan to steal the suit the whole time and is selling the tech to Hydra.

Before the mission, Hank gave Scott small discs that would allow an object to shrink or grow in size.

The mission was to steal the suit but also destroy any data about the tech as well as the building. Scott had ants place bombs everywhere. When the building blows up it gets sucked back up and disappears. Just like Malekiths bombs in TDW.

Hank gets shot by Cross and was stuck in the building with Hope. Hank was seen carrying a key chain with a little tank on it. It's not a key chain. Hank and Hope fly out on the top floor in a tank.

Scott and Cross start their fight in a helicopter then get trapped in a falling briefcase. Pretty cool to see them fight in there.

The brifecase lands in a families backyard and they both grow to normal size leaving the family terrified. The fight continues with Cross eventually getting zapped in the bug zapper and Scott getting arrested again by is ex wife's fiance.

the final battle takes place in the daughters bedroom.

In the final battle, Lang is also forced to shrink beyond the suit's capacity and ends up in the Microverse, but manages to return. It's implied Janet is lost there after the accident in the 1980's.

While in the microverse it's almost like being in Gargantua in Interstellar.

Cross dies after Lang damages the Yellowjacket's Pym Particles supply, causing Cross body to shrink and expand in gruesome ways. Lang also accidentally creates a giant-sized ant that becomes Cassie's pet.

Thamas The Train grows in size and destroys the daughters bedroom wall.

Scott and Hope get caught kissing by Hank.

While eating dinner with his fanily, Scott gets a call from "work" (Pena). he goes into a story about how this guy is looking for him. The guy being Falcon. Just like the spoiler from a few pages ago.

At one point, the Falcon visits one of his contacts that is monitoring superhero activity. She mentions reports of a man who can climb walls and swing through buildings, but no word on a shrinking man.

Movie does not end with Falcon finding Ant-Man

Mid-credits scene is Pym giving Hope a modified version of the Wasp suit.

After-credits scene is Captain America and Falcon finding a beat-up War Machine being held captive in a fortified base. After Captain America declines to calling Iron Man for help, Falcon decides to call Ant-Man.

All this is true except it is not War Machine who is being held captive, it's Bucky

I just wrote a long post that didnt get saved to here's the short version. Plus I'm at work. I really enjoyed the movie. Didn't no what to expect going in but was very pleased on the way out. I want to see it again before I try to rank it in the MCU. I'll clarify/add to the spoilers from the other page:

The movie opens with Hank Pym, Peggy Carter and Howard Stark discussing the potential dangers of the Ant-Man technology.

Micahel Douglas is digitally enhanced to look younger while Hayley Atwell is to look older in this scene.

Hank sets up Scott and his crew to steal the suit because Hank has been watching Scott for years knowing he may need his abilities to steal the yellow jacket suit one day.

Darren Cross is upset because Hank chose to montor him and then denied any knowledge about the Pym Particles or the suit and kept it away from Cross. Then he felt like he left him.

Hope is mad at Hank because he never told her the truth about what happend to her mom and Hank sent her to boarding school after she died.

Hank and Hope begin to train Scott on how to use the suit as well as communicate with the ants but Hope doesn't think Scott is necessary and wants to put on the suit and do it herself. Hank says no because of what happened to Janet.

After and argument and a chat from Scott, Hope goes inside the house where Hank explains what happened to Janet.

Hank and Janet Van Dyne operate as Ant-Man and the Wasp for SHIELD during the Cold War. During one mission, they need to prevent a nuclear warhead from hitting a populated area. Hank's suit is damaged, so Janet shrinks beyond the suit's capacity to defuse the bomb and disappears, believed to be dead. Hank believes the technology is too dangerous and seals it away.

Janet has been stuck in the microverse. Hank spent the next 10 years trying to find a way to get her back

Lang is forced to infiltrate the New Avengers' headquarters to retrieve an energy source developed by Stark Industries that they need to complete their heist on Pym Technologies, and comes across the Falcon. They fight, and Lang escapes with the device after disabling the Falcon's propulsion device. The Falcon then begins searching for Ant-Man.

Falcon lets it be known over radio that he does not want Cap to know he just got whooped on by a shrinking man.

Scott brings Michael Pena and his crew into the mix for the final heist. all goes well until Scott gets trapped in a small case and Cross reveals that he knew of their plan to steal the suit the whole time and is selling the tech to Hydra.

Before the mission, Hank gave Scott small discs that would allow an object to shrink or grow in size.

The mission was to steal the suit but also destroy any data about the tech as well as the building. Scott had ants place bombs everywhere. When the building blows up it gets sucked back up and disappears. Just like Malekiths bombs in TDW.

Hank gets shot by Cross and was stuck in the building with Hope. Hank was seen carrying a key chain with a little tank on it. It's not a key chain. Hank and Hope fly out on the top floor in a tank.

Scott and Cross start their fight in a helicopter then get trapped in a falling briefcase. Pretty cool to see them fight in there.

The brifecase lands in a families backyard and they both grow to normal size leaving the family terrified. The fight continues with Cross eventually getting zapped in the bug zapper and Scott getting arrested again by is ex wife's fiance.

In the final battle, Lang is also forced to shrink beyond the suit's capacity and ends up in the Microverse, but manages to return. It's implied Janet is lost there after the accident in the 1980's.

Cross dies after Lang damages the Yellowjacket's Pym Particles supply, causing Cross body to shrink and expand in gruesome ways. Lang also accidentally creates a giant-sized ant that becomes Cassie's pet.

While eating dinner with his fanily, Scott gets a call from "work" (Pena). he goes into a story about how this guy is looking for him. The guy being Falcon. Just like the spoiler from a few pages ago.

At one point, the Falcon visits one of his contacts that is monitoring superhero activity. She mentions reports of a man who can climb walls and swing through buildings, but no word on a shrinking man.

After-credits scene is Captain America and Falcon finding a beat-up War Machine being held captive in a fortified base. After Captain America declines to calling Iron Man for help, Falcon decides to call Ant-Man.

All this is true except it is not War Machine who is being held captive, it's Bucky

thanks for the spoilers... looks like the movie is gonna be fun!

love the credits scenes

Sounds great.

Could be one of my favourite MCU films by that description

Hydra again? I thought Strucker's death spelled the final demise of Hydra.

And I wonder why Cap couldn't just call in Black Widow or Scarlet Witch? Damn much context needed!

:oldrazz:

Hydra again? I thought Strucker's death spelled the final demise of Hydra.

And I wonder why Cap couldn't just call in Black Widow or Scarlet Witch? Damn much context needed!

Cut off one head and two more shall take its place.

Hope this is all true, as this all sounds really good, I think I will like this more than AOU based on that description, definitely seeing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"