The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly.....can not wait for Ant Man. He looks awesome and the little footage we go of him running down the gun barrel and messing those guys up was just fantastic!

Man that looks NICE. ALMOST makes me wish I bought that set. lol ALMOST

Its still available on Amazon Vartha.....$150 :D

Ant-Man-Movie-Costume-Helmet.jpg

omg omg omg hyperventilating. ;)

Is it the entire minute test footage?

And when I first saw the leaked version, I thought his helmet looked similar to Iron Man but seeing this clearer version, I can only see Cap's helmet now.

It's not the entire test footage in the five minute online video. It's a very quick glimpse at it. However, I haven't went through the SHIELD disc, so they might have put it on there.

He does look fantastic though!

I'm so hyped for this movie it hurts, I couldn't have asked for a better suit, can't wait to get casting, the Rudd rumor sounds interesting, I'd be ok with that. Can't wait to hear more about this.

My interested has peaked. The footage and costume looks great. I can see now see this guy fighting alongside the Avengers in the MCU.

I was really impressed by the footage, and I hope Marvel doesn't make us wait until A3 to see Ant-Man join the team.

*excitement level growing*

:D

Marvel is on top of their game. Never thought I'd see the day an Antman and Guardians of the Galaxy movie would get made but wow.. they're really doing it

Never thought I'd be excited for an Ant-Man movie when I was a kid. Now I can't wait.

I think, given his past mention, we might get a hint in Thor 2.

I think, given his past mention, we might get a hint in Thor 2.

I wouldn't be that surprised if we get an Ant-Man hint in each Marvel movie. Sort of like Fiege's 'blink and you'll miss it until multiple viewings' quote. He's going to need a proper build up to be taken seriously. As will GotG so I wouldn't be surprised to see hints to them in movies as well.

I wouldn't be that surprised if we get an Ant-Man hint in each Marvel movie. Sort of like Fiege's 'blink and you'll miss it until multiple viewings' quote. He's going to need a proper build up to be taken seriously. As will GotG so I wouldn't be surprised to see hints to them in movies as well.
I actually think we'll get a GOTG hint in IM3. I don't think we'll get that for AM.

I actually think we'll get a GOTG hint in IM3. I don't think we'll get that for AM.

There's been that Stozak is Janet rumor floating around but I'm pretty sure that's squashed. But I've also heard that there may be an A.I. system similar to J.A.R.V.I.S. called U.L.T.R.O.N. being used by AIM, so that's something I'll be looking for. I'm trying to stay away from IM3 spoilers til I see it myself so who knows lol.

The Tony getting a distress call from space seems very possible though.. maybe even Thor receives it as well.

I think it would be great if in one of the Phase 2 solo films Hank Pym made a cameo or post credit apperance.

There's been that Stozak is Janet rumor floating around but I'm pretty sure that's squashed. But I've also heard that there may be an A.I. system similar to J.A.R.V.I.S. called U.L.T.R.O.N. being used by AIM, so that's something I'll be looking for. I'm trying to stay away from IM3 spoilers til I see it myself so who knows lol.

The Tony getting a distress call from space seems very possible though.. maybe even Thor receives it as well.

Szostak is *not* Janet. The IM3 novelization confirms that.
She's playing an AIM agent/Extremis soldier named Brandt, who most of us believe is comicbookdom's Ellen Brandt, an AIM agent who was part of Man-Thing's mythology.

Szostak is *not* Janet. The IM3 novelization confirms that.
She's playing an AIM agent/Extremis soldier named Brandt, who most of us believe is comicbookdom's Ellen Brandt, an AIM agent who was part of Man-Thing's mythology.
Thank goodness. Too early.

I disagree. Marvel must have seen enough in Edgar Wright's original Ant-Man script to hire him back when they were barely a studio, so they must have considered it viable to work as a profitable movie. With proper marketing and promotion, I think audiences will have no trouble accepting the concept, especially in light of the highly positive response to the test footage since it has been leaked and partially released. The moment people see how entertaining (and useful) a superhero who can change sizes can be in action sequences (see said footage), they should have no problem taking the character seriously too.

Thor is a pretty strange concept, but didn't need very much build up besides marketing to be successful.

Was the guy Dr. Selvig said he knew in Thor ever confirmed to be a reference to Pym or anything? It was that scene after SHIELD took everything and he was talking to Jane on the roof.

This has the potential to be bigger than Daredevil at the BO.

Was the guy Dr. Selvig said he knew in Thor ever confirmed to be a reference to Pym or anything? It was that scene after SHIELD took everything and he was talking to Jane on the roof.

Thought he mentioned an expert on gamma radiation or something. Always figured that was Banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"