The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ant-Man should move if they want the movie to open at #1.

Yeah it would really be difficult for most movies, especially one like Ant-Man to go up against Bond. I mean I for one would instantly go see Ant-Man over any Bond movie, however Ant-Man isn't "popular enough" to go up against it.

I completely agree, although I hope the move wouldn't be too far if they had to push it back, I mean we have already been waiting since 2006 ever since they announced that they would be doing an Ant-Man movie. If anything I would like them to move the date closer, however I don't want them screwing over their post-production, so it is a tough call...

By the way, I have heard multiple websites say that Ant-Man is going to be a part of Phase 3, while I have heard other sites say that it is the last movie in Phase 2, after the Avengers 2. Now I haven't heard any word from Kevin Feige or anyone else from Marvel regarding it being in Phase 2 or 3, so I was wondering if any of you guys new 100% whether it would be in 2 or 3. Thanks.

They're definitely moving it. Ant-Man would get slaughtered at the box office.

Yeah it would really be difficult for most movies, especially one like Ant-Man to go up against Bond. I mean I for one would instantly go see Ant-Man over any Bond movie, however Ant-Man isn't "popular enough" to go up against it.

I completely agree, although I hope the move wouldn't be too far if they had to push it back, I mean we have already been waiting since 2006 ever since they announced that they would be doing an Ant-Man movie. If anything I would like them to move the date closer, however I don't want them screwing over their post-production, so it is a tough call...

By the way, I have heard multiple websites say that Ant-Man is going to be a part of Phase 3, while I have heard other sites say that it is the last movie in Phase 2, after the Avengers 2. Now I haven't heard any word from Kevin Feige or anyone else from Marvel regarding it being in Phase 2 or 3, so I was wondering if any of you guys new 100% whether it would be in 2 or 3. Thanks.

Feige said it's officially Phase 3.

My one hope for this film is that it'll make me like Hank Pym. I've never been a fan of his character, whether it was 616 or the Ultimates (for obvious reasons). I'm way more interested in Jan than Hank.

Edgar gave said in a recent interview with Digital Spy that the script had finally been complete (as they had to incorporate it into the MCU).

Looks like things are on schedule.
My one hope for this film is that it'll make me like Hank Pym. I've never been a fan of his character, whether it was 616 or the Ultimates (for obvious reasons). I'm way more interested in Jan than Hank.

Have you read Age Of Ultron 10:AI?

It is a Character study/expanded origin/semi-modern reboot of Hank Pym.

Writer Waid has a likable and interesting take on the character. He found a 'voice' for Pym that really works.

Edgar gave said in a recent interview with Digital Spy that the script had finally been complete (as they had to incorporate it into the MCU).

Looks like things are on schedule.

Have you read Age Of Ultron 10:AI?

It is a Character study/expanded origin/semi-modern reboot of Hank Pym.

Writer Waid has a likable and interesting take on the character. He found a 'voice' for Pym that really works.

No, I haven't read that. Is he at all whiny about the fact that he has to be a superhero?

No, I haven't read that. Is he at all whiny about the fact that he has to be a superhero?
Nope.

Hank Pym isn't a character who is whiny about being a superhero because being a superhero doesn't get in the way of his regular life like it does for Peter Parker and his identity hasn't been a secret for decades.

Being a superhero is more of a outlet for Pym rather than a hindrance.

I posted a couple of panels a page back.

Big NEWS!

official ( I think) concept art was just released for this, it features Armie Hammer as antman, fighting Ultron!

CTGvs08.jpg

heh heh heh heh..had to

Big NEWS!

official ( I think) concept art was just released for this, it features Armie Hammer as antman, fighting Ultron!

CTGvs08.jpg

Yeah, I'm definitely skipping this film now. Looks awful. Marvel is really slipping.

hey, it's a slow day, news is slow, so I had a wee bit of fun :p

Same here, I would rather watch Ant-Man over a James Bond movie. I didn't even watch SkyFall in a theater.

Anyway, Marvel still has plenty of time to move it in the summer of 2015.

I still haven't seen the last 2 Bond films, but yeah going up against it would hurt Ant-Man's box office.

So, I haven't looked at the schedule for Comicon yet, but does anyone think there will be ANY news on Ant-Man? Or is it still too early? I just want to see some actual progress on this flick!

So, I haven't looked at the schedule for Comicon yet, but does anyone think there will be ANY news on Ant-Man? Or is it still too early? I just want to see some actual progress on this flick!
Seeing that Wright has pretty much done nothing Ant-Man-related from last year to this year (although the script is finally DONE), I would not expect very much at all this year, which I'm okay with. Thor 2 and Cap 2 (and maybe some GOTG) stuff should be plenty to keep us occupied!

Seeing that Wright has pretty much done nothing Ant-Man-related from last year to this year (although the script is finally DONE), I would not expect very much at all this year, which I'm okay with. Thor 2 and Cap 2 (and maybe some GOTG) stuff should be plenty to keep us occupied!

Yeah I agree, can't wait to see what goodies we get for Cap and Thor, but as an Ant-Man fan, I guess I was just hoping for maybe a surprise appearance by Wright to bolster peoples hopes after such a long wait, maybe a synopsis of the re-vamped script, some kind of...something. Ah the hopes and dreams of a fanboy.

I could see them releasing early concept stuff for Ant man and maybe another Wright appearance to have him personally announce the start of preproduction.

Nice interview: Mod,I hope can post this here:

[YT]5YncBThNd5E[/YT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"