The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Ant-Man' started by jaqua99, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpideyFan866 Registered

The Marvel Cinematic Universe FB page (which has a okay record with their sources) report that Ewan McGregor is being pursued by Marvel Studios and Wright for the role of Hank Pym.

2. Mr.M Registered

Where is this three week business coming from? Isn't that slated for July 17th? Which was right around TDK and TDKR releases? Or was it moved a week back? POTC 5 is no longer in summer 2015. But if my math is correct, that would be two weeks from July 31st.

3. darthmagic Registered

#953 darthmagic, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  4. darthmagic Registered

[​IMG]

#954 darthmagic, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  5. Mr.M Registered

I think it should be a comedy. Something serious enough that can still co-exist with the MCU by having enough drama-filled moments, but I think it should be a "serious" comedy, with plenty of overthetop moments. Probably the most difficult character that Marvel will have to tackle. Wright has his hands full.

6. Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

That'd be great if true. He was the best part of the Star Wars prequels. Lol

7. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Definitely for Pym? Or for Lang?

If it's Pym, then at least it means that he isn't that old and a relic of the 1960s as originally planned (when Wright first wrote his script in the 1960s :p)

8. Ant-manic Registered

that would be cool. part of me wants Jan to be a deep cover agent for S.H.I.E.L.D; to make any transition into the Avengers easier. i just figure that they'd have someone keep tabs on someone who could invent stealth equipment (like the ant-man suit). she'd still present as Pym's image conscious girlfriend, though.

9. Ant-manic Registered

seems more like a Pym cast. he seems to be the internet favorite; leading me to believe that this is where the rumor came from.

10. Ant-manic Registered

what i meant to say is that Waid's latest retelling of Pym's origin left little room for her.

11. TeeKay Registered

Man i guess this must be your most anticipated CBM next year right?

12. Ant-manic Registered

definately. but i'm also a pretty big Avengers fan.

13. SpocksBrain Internet Geek

It's the third weekend.

Weekend 1: July 17
    Weekend 2: July 24
    Weekend 3: July 31

14. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

....Antspotting?
    :hehe:

Unless there's been a complete overhaul in the rewrites, I'd bet on it being Lang, since he's always been portrayed in the interviews and rumormills as the actual Ant-Man.

15. Mr. Dent Registered

Wright said there would be flashbacks to the 60s of Pym in action then, so they would have to cast two Pyms, one young and one old.

16. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

That's assuming that Pym is still alive in modern times. I've heard at least one version of the script says that Pym has long since passed away, so the only Pym in the movie would be the flashback one.

17. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I don't want any flashback Pym. I realise Edgar Wright originally wrote his script in the 1960s, so when Pym was the original Ant-Man, it wouldn't have been very long ago at all. But he's been putting it off all these decades in favour of other movies that the 1960s isn't that recent anymore. He needs to definitely update things so Pym was only a few years ago in the 2000s.

18. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Edgar said Pym and Lang team up and Pym so I don't think Pym is dead when Lang becomes Ant-Man . Its possible Edgar might have Pym die at the end of the movie although I hope he doesn't.

Feige says they draw from across the ant-man stories and with Edgar's spy concept I could see his Ant-Man basically being Irredeemable Ant-Man with Lang instead of O'Grady.

#968 chamber-music, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  19. marcvader Lurker #1

If he was active during the 60's that'd mean he'd be in his late 60's or 70's today. That's friggin old. I don't mind a middle aged Pym but a senior citizen? Too old.

20. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I don't really see the point of having Henry Pym active in the 1960's either given that it was only ever going to be for the first ten minutes of the movie so probably only a montage or a couple of scenes similar to the opening flashback scenes of The World's End.

Its not like X-Men First Class or X-Men Days Of Future Past in which the period setting is important.

You could set the first early Ant-Man scenes with a young scientist Pym in the 1980's if he wants to use the Cold War stuff and then still have him physically active in the modern era.

21. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Pym could even be in the 90s. He could wear plaid shirts with huge squares and we could hear music from Dawson's Creek in the background.

22. marcvader Lurker #1

He could've taken part in the Silicon Valley scene of the 80's or tech explosion of the 90's in the Pacific Northwest.

#972 marcvader, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  23. TeeKay Registered

But I really want Hank to be Ant-Man not Lang :/

24. marcvader Lurker #1

I just want him in long enough to show he created the persona but moved on to bigger things.;)

25. Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

You mean like GIANT things? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.