Sequels The Official ASM Sequel News/Speculation Thread

Marvel Spider

An Insomniac.
Reaction score
With the sequel getting ready to film relatively soon (in about two months or so), news is starting to trickle in about ASM2 (title TBA :cwink:). I figured the forums for the first movie were starting to get a bit cluttered/mixed with sequel stuff, and we all know it's only a matter of time until the Sequel forum is moved to the forefront, so I say, let's get this thing rolling.

What we know so far:

-Shaliene Woodley is Mary Jane Watson

-Jamie Foxx is in talks for Electro

-The next Spider-Man suit will have bigger eyes and altered webshooters (Marc says this here)

-Will be filmed completely in New York (besides the sound stage stuff, I assume)

I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel, and am looking forward to discussing its production. :woot:

I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel, and am looking forward to discussing its production. :woot:

As am I.

1) Love that it will be shot completely in NYC.

2) Love that we will see Peter tinkering with his costume and web-shooters.

3) I like Shaliene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson

4) I'm on the fence about Jaime Foxx, but he is definitely capable of a great performance and Webb's comments give me confidence we will get a psychological complexity to Electro.

5) I think Spectacular Spider-Man will/should be the title.

Last edited:
I really want them to introduce the Osborns (Harry and Norman) Harry in a supporting role and Norman could be just named until the end where he shows up

So if Norman was a dying man in part 1,it would seem that he would want to take that lizard serum right away.So it makes since that he could of perfected the serum and has taken it.

We could get two villains in part two.Electro as a thug with powers,then Green Goblin as the main villain who kills Gwen.

I hope he doesn't change the eyes too much. I think they are perfect sized as they are now.

Why was Richard Parker working with Connors on healing serums,did he have something personal he needed healing too.Was his face disfigured so he wears latex masks like Darkman,could he be the Chameleon.

Definitely going to attempt to take advantage of the whole "shot in NYC" situation and try to meet Webb, Garfield and Emma since I live here.

Where was that confirmed though?

So if Norman was a dying man in part 1,it would seem that he would want to take that lizard serum right away.So it makes since that he could of perfected the serum and has taken it.

We could get two villains in part two.Electro as a thug with powers,then Green Goblin as the main villain who kills Gwen.

I'd rather have GG in the third. I want Norman to test the serum on someone and have them become the Hobgoblin in #2. Then as a cliffhanger, I want them to show Norman taking a new serum and as the movie is about the end, you hear the Goblin's laugh.

They will probably make Green Goblin look like Hobgoblin,but in Green Goblin colors.

Listened to the commentary on the ASM Blu Ray and the producer, I think it was or Webb possibly...anyway!

At the moment where Gwen is comforting Peter after he was attacked by the Lizard in her room, he says almost quote by quote, that she is embracing and committing to this relationship with Peter. And he says that it'll cause major consequences "AS WE KNOW..."

So her death is confirmed now. Which is great in my opinion because it could make for very dramatic and amazing cinema. Now the real question is whether it'll occur in the sequel or final film, and it'll most likely be ASM2.

I don't think Gwen's death should be in ASM2. Build up Norman in the second and more of Peter and Gwen's relationship. Then have her death in ASM3. I think it's a perfect way to end this trilogy.

This could be more than a trilogy,and I hope that it does.

If the Trilogy does well, I do hope they continue it. Even if Andrew won't be back as Spidey, just continue it the Bond way. I don't want reboots every couple years. I'm glad that Marvel isn't afraid of recasting. If Downey doesn't come back as Ironman, we'll just get a new guy.

Definitely going to attempt to take advantage of the whole "shot in NYC" situation and try to meet Webb, Garfield and Emma since I live here.

Where was that confirmed though?
The recent interview Marc Webb did with Collider.

http://collider.com/amazing-spider-man-2-sequel-marc-webb-interview/208149/
Listened to the commentary on the ASM Blu Ray and the producer, I think it was or Webb possibly...anyway!

At the moment where Gwen is comforting Peter after he was attacked by the Lizard in her room, he says almost quote by quote, that she is embracing and committing to this relationship with Peter. And he says that it'll cause major consequences "AS WE KNOW..."

So her death is confirmed now. Which is great in my opinion because it could make for very dramatic and amazing cinema. Now the real question is whether it'll occur in the sequel or final film, and it'll most likely be ASM2.
If Electro is the only villain in ASM2, I doubt Gwen will be killed in the next one.

If the Trilogy does well, I do hope they continue it. Even if Andrew won't be back as Spidey, just continue it the Bond way. I don't want reboots every couple years. I'm glad that Marvel isn't afraid of recasting. If Downey doesn't come back as Ironman, we'll just get a new guy.

Same here. No reboots for awhile. Just keep the movies coming, even if it's with different actors.

Electro won't be the only villain...or say, threat. Seriously doubt it. Unless they got a story so compelling that he can hold on his on.

And I need to hear again, what good could come out of Gwen biting the dust in the last film of the trilogy? This is a trilogy after all for now, whether you guys like it or not. And quite frankly, structure-wise I don't see how she could go in the last film. It'd be much more satisfying as the climax in this sequel than the first act of the last one.

i honestly think they should make it a quadrilogy. 2 films with Gwen, 2 with MJ. 2 in HS, 2 in college.

^^ I like this idea. Somebody said that the TASM trilogy (high school movies) will a stepping stone for a second trilogy (college years) and he could possibly face off against the Sinister Six in the last movie. Not sure if legit, but could be.

Oh yeah, it's rumored on IMDb that Steven Webster is playing Norman Osborn in the sequel. I know IMDb is un-trust worthy, but I feel like it might actually be true. The Norman hologram in TASM sort of resembled Steven Weber. I would be fine if he did play him.

You think the new Spidey suit will be based on Ben Reilly's costume?

And I want them to introduce Black Cat soon and make for some kinda weird love triangle with Gwen, MJ and Felicia. But that's just me.

TASM 1 : The Lizard
TASM 2 : Electro, Mysterio.
TASM 3 : Green Goblin, Kraven the Hunter.
TASM 4 : Doc Ock, Sandman, Shocker
TASM 5 : Venom, Carnage
TASM 6 : The Sinister Six (Electro, Mysterio, Kraven, Shocker, Sandman, Doc Ock.)

I don't want Sinister Six. Having 6 villains you can't develop the characters, see the drama etc...

What about "trilogy" don't some of you understand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"