The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

I'd love to be able to find or customize a bane mask for when I'm riding my Harley.. Like have just the lower part so I can still get my helmet on

Snapshot_20120807_2.jpg

402a2d29f44c69831098cd5f951cb0e6.jpg

bbebe7a2506de65b031eaa337e31feb5.jpg

9b68bdbad1d844d9116251302f95e4df.jpg

Selling this jacket. I live in England but will ship internationally.

PM if interested

Thanks

The asymmetries are killing me.. I spent 5 hours sculpting today and used a large amount of that resizing and getting rid of before mentioned asymmetries, while sometimes just plainly overdoing it.

I need some feedback as I'm not happy. The chin part seemed to have turned out a bit too long in my opinion. Either that or the 'mouth-piece' needs to be bigger..

I haven't cleaned up the edges and smoothed down the surface for the pic, so please excuse the messy look.

elwa8.jpg

Thank you for any feedback!

Edit: Looking at the pic, I think i may need to remove the chin to the line I marked..

Last edited:
Weathered my costumebase vest today...
IMG_1073_zpsbff33755.jpg

IMG_1070_zps2234a754.jpg

IMG_1067_zpsc99e60f1.jpg

photo_zpsba0f4385.jpg

And the Banepants coat...
IMG_1068_zps7b6b49b5.jpg

and the JBrown mask...
IMG_1066_zps62ff737b.jpg

Opinions?

Looks good man, looks really good. I want to see all the pieces together!

Looks good man, looks really good. I want to see all the pieces together!

I'm going to try to take some pictures soon, going to let the paint dry and sit for a few days just to be sure. I have a convention the weekend of the 19th so will have a plethora of pictures and videos around then!

Glad to see that this thread is still up and running. I love the costumes guys. Keep up the great work.

In other news...did you guys catch the new south park tonight iT was hilarious and it had bane in it

What did u use to weather the bottom waist belt on the vest...fabric spray paint?? What colors??

What did u use to weather the bottom waist belt on the vest...fabric spray paint?? What colors??

I tried fabric spray paint, it just soaked in and didn't really change the color much, so I bought a can of nutmeg colored rust oleum spray paint and did a bunch of really light coats.
I still can't understand why they chose to make the belt grey and white in the first place.

Hey guys, new to here but have been going through the topic. Atm there is the following mask on ebay. Not sure if anyone on here is responsible for it, but also wondering if anyone has bought one from this seller and knows of the quality? Looks pretty good for a low price mind...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BANE-MASK...0?pt=UK_Clothing_Masks_JD&hash=item20cc2a935a

Thanks

That is a recast of a GCFX mask except they redid the pipes and back areas first before recasting it

What color and kind of spray paint did you use for the armor on the vest and the inside of the jacket??

Wondering what I should use as the "gasket" sort of material that is under the mask in the front, and the base of the back and top....

What color and kind of spray paint did you use for the armor on the vest and the inside of the jacket??

Inside of Jacket should be Ultra Flat Camo Kyolan Black and Tan

Wondering what I should use as the "gasket" sort of material that is under the mask in the front, and the base of the back and top....

Use Foamies its the closest thing and will be pretty durable

I used the same brown I used for the vest, just really lightly. I didn't have the money for a 3rd color, lol. But I used camo black as rdmaul suggested.

For the armor I did highlights with silver and then faded the brown in around the edges.

Pretty much anything to change the color that they come in the mail with.

Has anyone ever tried to cast a mask in neoprene? Heard it's more rigid than normal latex and doesn't need latex-mixed paint.

Hi guys, huge batman fan here...want to make my own costume, any cool suggestions?

Picked up my Wrist Guard today. Very happy with how it turned out.

wristguard.jpg

Thanks man. Same guy who customized my boots made this for me.

Well, theres not much else I can really do to the thing until I cast it on monday, but I'm getting antsy so I'm posting another pic lol.

1350074227.jpg

I've progressing on my sculpt too, and it turned out **** :(.. I'm so frustrated, I just don't have the time to redo any major parts so I have to stick with what I have.. The sockets on top are just placeholders.. Does anyone of you have an idea, how I could save the sculpt?

And opiate your sculpt looks so great! You obivously have the skills I lack! Keep it up!

wHkIX.jpg

Threw my Todd mask up on eBay. Not very happy about it but I way over extended on the price that I paid. Not trying to make any money on it so if it goes past what I paid for it I'll give the funds to Todd. I paid over 2 G's and I doubt it'll surpass that. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"