The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Threw my Todd mask up on eBay. Not very happy about it but I way over extended on the price that I paid. Not trying to make any money on it so if it goes past what I paid for it I'll give the funds to Todd. I paid over 2 G's and I doubt it'll surpass that. Thanks

Why in the world would you do that for what you paid man? lol you'll probably get half of what you paid back honestly.

My thoughts exsactly. I mean the last todd mask on ebay sold for 1225 so i dont imagine he will get more than that.

Hate to say it but I saw this coming...

Yea dude, because I spent $2150 on a mask and planned to sell it. As if that makes any sense. Even less sense considering the last one sold for a thousand dollars less than I paid.

Why did you decide to sell it? Just paid to much?

Spent too much, car just banged up, had to replace the bumper, new battery, new serpentine belt, and I'm in college paying rent among other things. Wasn't a smart purchase by me considering the funds I have.

Were you just hoping to buy todds mask and then flipping it for profit, but you wanted to wait to see what the second one went for. Before trying to make money?

No, because only an idiot would expect the second mask to go for more than 2 grand. And the second mask sold like ten days ago.

Yea dude, because I spent $2150 on a mask and planned to sell it. As if that makes any sense. Even less sense considering the last one sold for a thousand dollars less than I paid.

Even if you weren't buying it for a profit I expected you would sell it. Considering you've sold every mask you've bought and you've made profits off some of them in the process, it was pretty predictable.

Even if you weren't buying it for a profit I expected you would sell it. Considering you've sold every mask you've bought and you've made profits off some of them in the process, it was pretty predictable.

Yea, and yet I will still come out way behind in this. Rdmaul has sold every mask he had, I don't see this superhero costume forum judgment passed on him. I eventually sold the Roids mask you sold me because it was made of latex and was going to detoriate and the freaking pipes were popping out every time I out it on. I ordered a JBrown mask and that's what I'm ultimately going to use for Halloween costume. Not worth having a 2grand mask for that week only. Shouldn't have bought it in the first place. So now I'd appreciate it if you would lay off the subject because it is none of your business in the first place.

See the difference with Rdmaul is even though him and I don't always see eye to eye, he's been working on this costume for a long time and he's made a damn good one. And plus he's sold his masks specifically to buy another one and even then I don't think he doubled his money on any of them like you did. And didn't you try to sell your JBrown one too? And if you have such a problem with latex (many of they drawbacks have been pointed for a long time on here in many places) then why did you even consider buying my mask from me? And as I've told you before you could've told me that the mask didn't fit and ask for a refund. Hell you even told me that it fit great after you got it! But instead you threw it up in eBay and made a killing off of it. I don't think you bought my mask with the intention of selling but I think after you saw the cash people are willing I drop on it, you decided you'd rather have the money.

Obviously I'm not the only one who sees something wrong with this whole situation as I've never singled you out publicly and people are still questioning your motivations. If you would've kept Todd's mask I wouldn't have said anything but now that your selling that too... Well everyone can come to their on conclusion. That's all else I'm saying about this. Good luck.

Despite the fact the Roids mask is Latex. I'm still happy with it and I'm glad i decided not to sell it.

As was I. I'm still holding out for Kevin's. That's probably the only one I want to buy after Roids. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Last edited:
Despite the fact the Roids mask is Latex. I'm still happy with it and I'm glad i decided not to sell it.

I saw this coming.... You guys want to know how? TanneRain bid on my second auction. Bumped it up to over a grand and when I messaged him on here asking why he was bidding on my second ebay mask he never replied and then retracted his bid. Im not gonna say anything for sure, but it just seemed too fishy.
-Todd
http://forums.superherohype.com/member.php?u=73638

See the difference with Rdmaul is even though him and I don't always see eye to eye, he's been working on this costume for a long time and he's made a damn good one. And plus he's sold his masks specifically to buy another one and even then I don't think he doubled his money on any of them like you did. And didn't you try to sell your JBrown one too? And if you have such a problem with latex (many of they drawbacks have been pointed for a long time on here in many places) then why did you even consider buying my mask from me? And as I've told you before you could've told me that the mask didn't fit and ask for a refund. Hell you even told me that it fit great after you got it! But instead you threw it up in eBay and made a killing off of it. I don't think you bought my mask with the intention of selling but I think after you saw the cash people are willing I drop on it, you decided you'd rather have the money.

Obviously I'm not the only one who sees something wrong with this whole situation as I've never singled you out publicly and people are still questioning your motivations. If you would've kept Todd's mask I wouldn't have said anything but now that your selling that too... Well everyone can come to their on conclusion. That's all else I'm saying about this. Good luck.

As was I. I'm still holding out for Kevin's. That's probably the only one I want to buy after Roids. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.
He sold his jbrown mask. I remember the eBay auction. I found it peculiar that one of the display photos had 1 or 2 different bane masks on the bed next to it.

Also, I remember the second Todd mask auction seeing the price inexplicably drop down to 950 or so and wondered what the hell happened, so I guess now I know, lol.

Sorry to change the subject but I'm looking to see if anyone on here is selling a vest ? I'm just not seeing any good ones on eBay =\ thanks y'all

Trying to flip bane masks for a profit before halloween. It's that simple. How does somebody spend over 2100 bucks and then turn around and try to buy the same mask for over a grand again lol Yeah not very smart considering he'll be lucky to make half of what he paid for it. He's getting rid of it because it didn't work out like he thought it would so he's cutting his losses before it's too late and the value drops even further. Messed up move in my opinion, but this is exactly why Todd went with Ebay first. For this very same crappy reason.

Trying to flip bane masks for a profit before halloween. It's that simple. How does somebody spend over 2100 bucks and then turn around and try to buy the same mask for over a grand again lol Yeah not very smart considering he'll be lucky to make half of what he paid for it. He's getting rid of it because it didn't work out like he thought it would so he's cutting his losses before it's too late and the value drops even further. Messed up move in my opinion, but this is exactly why Todd went with Ebay first. For this very same crappy reason.

It's a shame stuff like this happens.

Doing it with the lower price range masks is one thing, but to jump to spending 2100 to attempt it, just...wow. I don't condone either, but still...that's like going from penny slots at the gas station to the high roller suite. I've sold various parts of my bane costume on eBay, my most recent mask is up there now, but I only put it up because I have a new one on order and would like to make some of the money back.
As for the vest that someone was asking about (can't see the name in reply mode) the only real options right now are costumebase and siq, but siq is incredibly backed up and will be quite a wait. You can email asking them about time frames and such. I gave it a shot and ordered the costumebase vest because their photos howed the belt had a brown tint now, but it still was grey when it arrived. If you look on the previous page you can see my attempts to change the color and improve the look, which I'm fairly satisfied with considering the price difference between the siq and costumebase vests is around $550.

Lol the only reason I bid on the second mask was to see what the max bid was while I was dicking around. I'm a 21 year old student working two jobs, I don't have the time or the inclination to flip halloween costumes. But man you guys sure are uptight about other peoples business and tendencies with their money and costumes. So yea, stop talking about my finances and keep up the great discussion on moral dilemmas in the costume industry, riveting stuff.

If you were just "dicking around" then how come you didn't answer Todd when he confronted you? Would've been a fairly easy explanation to give. Even if you're not flipping costumes, you're doing pretty shady stuff. My guess is you were hoping to make your money back on Todd's 1st mask then buy the second one so you would spend half of what you did at first but still have the same product.

The Jbrown mask is good for most of the cosplayers. Acrylic paint and brush on everything. I wish I had some air brush tools for the vest.

I applaud Ryan for his dedication to the hobby.

Here's my attempt from the New York Comic Con. I basically ended up looking like a thicker Rdmaul in the older set of gear.

8081443649_dcbd652e70_h.jpg

I think it turned out okay on weathering but ultimately I will just redo the vest weathering after I wash it out and get an air brush tank. Bluray for The Dark Knight Rises comes out this December supposedly. I got lazy on the boots but I'll slowly just refix it up with a better set of cheap packer boots and head in for PAX East.

looking for the best bane mask who makes it the ones i found in store SUCK looking for honest opinions

I find it hilarious my name was dropped about selling masks, last time I checked I haven't posted my Todd mask up on eBay and never will. I've sold every other mask to get a more accurate mask not to make a profit. This is exactly why Todd was apprehensive the whole time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"