The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

i'm back. alive. sore as hell. just an update for those who expressed well wishes- thanks a lot guys. it was fast and painless. i even felt well enough to go halloween shopping and grab an ice cream with my mom (my driver). just got home and ohhhh man it hit me hard. gross stuff ensued but i am OK now. just gotta stay on top of my pain meds and keep myself in a fog.

apple barrel is a decent brand for acrylic paints,i use it sometimes... i prefer folkart brand for most things but specifically for metallics as they are smoother and look more like metal as opposed to glitter. they have some great gunmetal colors if you can find them.. martha stewart also has some good paint but her metallic colors seem to be a little chunky and uneven so i'd probably do a coat of black underneath as a base. folkart is sold at AC Moore and michaels (some at jo-ann fabrics too), martha stewart is only at michaels.
i dont know what craft stores you have around the country (or globe) but i know you want craft paint, not fine art acrylic paint... craft paint sticks better to things other than gesso'd canvas. if you find that the paint is too stiff you can try mixing some fabric medium in it (sold at jo-anns) which makes it really flexible.

banewagon, that looks pretty good man! i agree with RDmaul, leave the distressing as is. if you absolutely MUST do something to it, only tone it down, dont completely undo it. maybe use a very very dry brush to stipple over it, but thats only if you are being majorly OCD about it. keep in mind, weathering and distressing and aging.... never uniform or perfect. accept it. there's a really good quote i have somewhere that applys to this but i do not have it right this second.

found it. as a former art student and an artist/craftsman who is never 100% happy with what i make... this is a good thing to remember:
That which is not slightly distorted lacks sensible appeal; from which it follows that irregularity – that is to say, the unexpected, surprise and astonishment, are a essential part and characteristic of beauty. (Charles Baudelaire)

Last edited:
jonny, that mask is a good find. very affordable too... dag nabit. how come these things show after i start makin my stuff?
i hope somebody from here gets that mask.. it looks like it would take minimal effort to make it look really great.

jonny, that mask is a good find. very affordable too... dag nabit. how come these things show after i start makin my stuff?
i hope somebody from here gets that mask.. it looks like it would take minimal effort to make it look really great.

Only problem is its not a buy it now button it's a starting bid so I can see it sky rocketing my Todd's

crappy. its good but not something i would spend a buttload of money on. i wish i did not have so many events next month, i would wait until after halloween. i guess i am happy making things myself though. just wish my pants were not so lame.

Hmm... seems like nobody saw my pics in the last part? So, here we go:

Batman must be date planning with cat woman

You guys look good btw! haha

LP, looks good! i am glad i'm not the only one who cant shave my head.
in the last picture... do you have that straw through one of the tube holes??
great minds think alike, man! i've been planning on working a straw into the mask somehow since i decided to do the thing.

batman needs to black out the eyes though. seriously. his costume would be improved by leaps and bounds if he just blacked out the eyes!

did you do the eyebrow scar for the costume or did you already have one? if you already had it, happy coincidence!

Batman must be date planning with cat woman

Batman is checking his Facebook status. Epic, isn't it? ;)

LP, looks good! i am glad i'm not the only one who cant shave my head.
in the last picture... do you have that straw through one of the tube holes??
great minds think alike, man! i've been planning on working a straw into the mask somehow since i decided to do the thing.

batman needs to black out the eyes though. seriously. his costume would be improved by leaps and bounds if he just blacked out the eyes!

did you do the eyebrow scar for the costume or did you already have one? if you already had it, happy coincidence!

No, the straw didn't fit, it's a fun picture refer to the question how Bane eats and drinks. :woot:

Well, he has the Rubies Batman costume. Good enough for him,I will build my own one. ;) Yeah, I will tell him the think with the eyes.

I tried to shave the eyebrow like Hardy, but wasn't successful I think. But thank you, if it looks like it. ;)

BTW, I have more photos if you like.

I just picked up my banepants jacket yesterday. It took 11 days, shipped to Canada. The quality and fit is AMAZEBALLS. I was worried the XL might fit a bit small since I usually have problems with my broad shoulders fitting a standard XL. But the jacket fits so well, I could fit a thick vest under it with no problems. Highly highly recommend the jacket for anyone who is still looking for one.

Now I'm just waiting for my JBrown mask!

I wish I would've went with the bane pants jacket everone loves it lol I love my jacket too but I could've saved like half the cost of mine for something that would've been equally satisfying haha

Last edited:
banewagon your coat looks awesome though. i feel like the banepants coat is a specific costume piece and is probably not as functional or well constructed as yours. also, yours is the right color and level of distressing already.
the banepants one is pretty good too though, but i think if you're going to spend a lot of money on a costume coat you should be able to pull it off in everyday life too. i'd probably want to go with the one you got if the option was available to me.

banewagon your coat looks awesome though. i feel like the banepants coat is a specific costume piece and is probably not as functional or well constructed as yours. also, yours is the right color and level of distressing already.
the banepants one is pretty good too though, but i think if you're going to spend a lot of money on a costume coat you should be able to pull it off in everyday life too. i'd probably want to go with the one you got if the option was available to me.

Man I think you've got enough talent you could MAKE and badass coat and show us all up!

I just picked up my banepants jacket yesterday. It took 11 days, shipped to Canada. The quality and fit is AMAZEBALLS. I was worried the XL might fit a bit small since I usually have problems with my broad shoulders fitting a standard XL. But the jacket fits so well, I could fit a thick vest under it with no problems. Highly highly recommend the jacket for anyone who is still looking for one.

Now I'm just waiting for my JBrown mask!

You recommend it over a large? Like say for a 6'0" person? Not too long and sleeves right length?

Any one who ordered the bane pants how do they fit ? Do they run true to size ?
Still looking for a bane kidney belt if anyone knows where I can get one thanks !

Just posting progress on my mask. Got a GCFX version 1 mask that I'm following Banetico's model to try and make more accurate. I padded the inside where i needed it to (It looks messy, but no ones gonna look in there anyways!), molded a piece a plastic on the mouth piece so it holds its shape, and started using some epoxy putty to mold parts of the front! Open to any criticisms!

http://www.imgur.com/a/uD9uy

Todd, whens your next mask gonna hit ebay? Curious to see how it goes haha

First week of October. I have too much going on this week and next to produce another mask. I will be at Las Vegas Comic Expo where Ryan will be wearing his next weekend though.
-Todd

Nice well best of luck to the both of you in vegas.

You recommend it over a large? Like say for a 6'0" person? Not too long and sleeves right length?

They have the measurements on their site. I tried to measure myself and was a bit worried it might be a bit snug in the arms/shoulders. I'm 6'1" and the XL works for me. Not too long, not too short.

Another pic:

And here is the tutorial video for my mask:

[YT]-H9xUcI7BpU&feature=plcp[/YT]

Another pic:

And here is the tutorial video for my mask:

[YT]-H9xUcI7BpU&feature=plcp[/YT]

Thank for the video, ot shows the details of your mask much better than the pics. And IMHO it really did turn out extremely well!

Hi everyone, I've followed this thread from the beginning, all the while doing my own costume build, and have yet to register (until today). And I just wanted to say all of the info I have gathered from every member that has posted has been greatly appreciated. I kinda went my own direction as far as what i used/how i went about making everything, but without seeing all the other processes and interpretations, It would've been quite difficult to build from pics alone. any way, I am building every part of my costume basically from scratch, and one a budget. The mask is mostly card board (coated in plasti-dip), JB weld (stick), and hot glue, with other knick-knacks i found along the way (wire loom, different fabrics, rubber tubing, ball point pen caps, random findings, etc.)I wasn't sure what to expect when i started this project, but seeing other completed ones has kept me motivated. I'm not finished yet, but i figured I'd join the fun and share my progress! my mask is almost complete just a few small details I have to add, I've spent about 30 bucks in all (on the mask only) let me know what you guys think!

0912121929a_zps520bde0d.jpg

0912121931_zpsfa4cae6d.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality, i used my cell phone, I'll post some more detailed pics when i am completely finished.

Good gracious! That is incredible! I'm always amazed to see what people can build out of cardboard! Definitely post some more pics when you get a chance I'm really intrigued by your mask. Great work

welcome B4N3! your mask looks really good, i am very impressed!
$30? thats great. i am interested to see how you're going to tackle the vest, since your mask looks pretty damn good considering it's made out of office supplies... man, the ingenuity of the guys on here blows my mind.
great work, man, seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"