The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Awesome! Who made your mask? :)
This is the GCFX one that tends to have bad rep around here and while there's no comparison between it and the kinds of masks Todd produces or this crazy 3D printed creation: https://www.facebook.com/MyBaneCostume ... it did the job for that night, I'd still love to perfect my Bane costume with a better mask/vest but in the meantime that worked out quite well.

This is my first post but ive been reading this forum for months now getting my Bane costume ready...i had a blast on halloween! Thanks to everyone here with the immensely helpful information and links!
With the boots on im about 6'6" and walk around about 250lbs...good times! cant wait to have a reason to don the costume again...friends and coworkers didnt recognize me...ive never shaved my head before

14274_3911677542973_1257497179_n.jpg

530782_10152224723690304_586689541_n.jpg

381802_3450643803459_295298371_n.jpg

559505_4888230131893_1028743091_n.jpg

pardon me, but why do the GCFX masks have a bad rep on here? A lot of work was put into them for a small operation.

Last edited:
pardon me, but why do the GCFX masks have a bad rep on here? A lot of work was put into them for a small operation.

Well for me its because
1. GCFX was busted a few weeks ago on the RPF for recasting an Iron Man statue and trying to pass it off as their own original work and then they went off on an egotistical rant about how great their company is and how much money they make. There were also allegations of their batsuit being a recast off of the Hell's Kitchen suit.

2. Because there were also some claims that the original sculpter of the mask was never compensated for her work but those claims aren't as credible as the others.

Even taking away #2 I wouldn't do business with them solely for #1 and just for how rude they acted on the RPF after they were caught. Very immature. Honestly it's not so much the mask as it is the stigma of GCFX in general.

Last edited:
hells kitchen batsuit is also a recast

so whos exactly wrong there?

I'm not 100% positive but as I understand it the Hell's Kitchen is casted off a production used stunt suit and that is well known. And I'm willing to bet they paid a lot more money than GCFX did when buying a Hell's Kitchen suit or atleast they had to utilize some serious connections to get it or even both. And GCFX is claiming that it is their own original work, not a recast and that's just downright lying and stealing of someone else's work or arrangement or whatever deal Hell's Kitchen made when buying their suit because wherever they bought it from definitely knew what they were gonna do with it. Same thing with the Iron Man suit. They went down swinging claiming that was original even after that was proven as a lie.

And GCFX is claiming that it is their own original work, not a recast and that's just downright lying and stealing of someone else's work or arrangement or whatever deal Hell's Kitchen made when buying their suit because wherever they bought it from definitely knew what they were gonna do with it. Same thing with the Iron Man suit. They went down swinging claiming that was original even after that was proven as a lie.

Well, I am a member of the local artist community. I know they guy who did the production sculpt on the CGFX Bane, (that was a complete sculpt from start to finish, the first sculptor failed doing it and didn't even have it roughed out and it had to be scrapped 100%, the young lady was payed quite well, I know her too), and they guy who did all the work on piece dialed it in, and IMO rocked it at the time.

From my 12 year experience in this industry, this just sounds like sour grapes and to claim that (in a replica costume forum) "someone ripped another person off" is petty, considering these costumes and masks are not copies of studio pieces, but replicas made by fans to honor the property. Unless you are there to verify what was done, don't dare call someone a recaster. Too many artists putting their hard work into something for other people to be torn down because it "looks" like something someone else made, which is why artists take their time and put such hard work into it.

Last edited:
I'm not 100% positive but as I understand it the Hell's Kitchen is casted off a production used stunt suit and that is well known. And I'm willing to bet they paid a lot more money than GCFX did when buying a Hell's Kitchen suit or atleast they had to utilize some serious connections to get it or even both. And GCFX is claiming that it is their own original work, not a recast and that's just downright lying and stealing of someone else's work or arrangement or whatever deal Hell's Kitchen made when buying their suit because wherever they bought it from definitely knew what they were gonna do with it. Same thing with the Iron Man suit. They went down swinging claiming that was original even after that was proven as a lie.

Please, read my post below. It's not fair that you are so angry toward a person on a haven for people to mish-mash replica costumes and pieces to get the most accurate one. I'm a member of that forum as well, and claims of "recasting" on that place is kind of laughable. The thread you mentioned pretty much ended on a note of "We should really stop talking about this, since we are all guilty of it".

Okay well like I said I wasn't sure about the Bane mask situation and the batsuit is a topic that is majorly believed to be a recast but even giving them the benefit of the doubt on those two, that doesn't excuse the whole Iron Man situation. If the thread was still on the RPF I would happily link to it as it had all the evidence necessary as well as people who talked to the original creators of the statue confirming the details that only the statue has and not the screen-used armor.

They were given many chances to prove themselves by posting WIP pictures to prove their innocence but instead they argued with every member and complained about everyone slandering them and they started throwing "profits" they had made in order to "justify" themselves. When they finally got pictures up they just coincidently didn't work and instead of trying to resolve that picture issue and prove their innocence they continued to fight with everyone as well as talk down to members who had made some great Iron Man pieces by saying their props were so bad they threw "them in the the trash" (which they also had time to take a picture and upload of but not resolve the pictures that actually mattered).

Please, read my post below. It's not fair that you are so angry toward a person on a haven for people to mish-mash replica costumes and pieces to get the most accurate one. I'm a member of that forum as well, and claims of "recasting" on that place is kind of laughable. The thread you mentioned pretty much ended on a note of "We should really stop talking about this, since we are all guilty of it".

And no while some people said that (a very small minority) it actually ended with them being banned and labeled recasters and the thread being closed.

EDIT: Seems I was wrong the thread is right here.

http://www.therpf.com/f24/gcfx-iron-man-mark-2-3-build-160151/

Last edited:
No, it ended with the forum walking away from the conversation. Again, please try to refrain from calling people recasters without knowing the story behind how things are prodused. You already walked into a wall and got your nose bloodied in this Bane mask topic.

Last edited:
No, it ended with the forum walking away from the conversation. Again, please try to refrain from calling people recasters without knowing the story. You already walked into a wall and got your nose bloodied in this Bane mask topic.

Haha so you're telling me I'm wrong by saying in that thread they were labeled recasters and banned? The community did not "walk away" if anything a lot of them wanted to report them to the company that made the statue and punish them further. And I clearly stated that I wasn't sure about the bane mask allegations and those were the least credible. I'm talking about the thread I posted which CLEARLY supports that they recasted that armor. As far as that goes in my opinion that story is a done deal and pretty concrete in its proof. Not really a matter of opinion.

And like I've said and what was shown in that thread, they had many chances to show how it was produced and yet they never showed any proof or tried to prove their claims of it all being originally made.

Last edited:
Again, not here to fight. But you seem to have some strong issues with labeling people "recasting" stuff without any obvious real inside shop knowledge or knowing the people involved (I also know for a fact GCFX and Hell's Kitchen have no beef, and that Iron Man "template"/ statue thing has been bebunked since GCFX was/ is still working on sculpting the suit), so just keep that attitude dialed back and try to keep walking into walls and hurting yourself. You are asking for people to divulge information on in-process construction of things that are not even ready to be shown. You sound very immature, and a bit to cocky for being involved in this industry (if you even are). It is not cool to throw around labels like that in a public forum for amateurs & professionals with no ground to stand on.

Last edited:
Well then if you don't mind me asking how did they make the armor and I would love to see where it was debunked. For that matter I've never said that they had a beef, how would I even know that? I was merely giving my opinion on what I thought of GCFX because you asked. But like I said from what I've seen and the evidence I've seen I believe (as do many other people) that they recasted that armor.

Believe me I'm anything but cocky. And since your wondering no I'm not in this industry (as in I don't make things professionally) . I'm a fan and I have a lot fun doing this and I'm very very critical of when I do things so believe me I'm not cocky. As for being immature... How? You say you don't want to fight but that's fairly antagonistic, if anyone is being immature it's you, you've basically ignored all the evidence I've produced and just told me I don't know what I'm talking about without showing anything to back up your claims.

Hey guys, I've been lurking on here for some time now, I thought I'd post some pics of the costume I whipped up. to make the vest I went with the sewing route, it's actually not too hard and was kind of fun. The straps were made from various straps and shoulder pads and harnesses I found online. The pants were some tan paintball pants I dyed navy blue. For the kidney belt, I was able to talk to Costumebase and they sold me just the belt alone, which I was very grateful for, as it was the last piece of the puzzle. And the mask is from the fabulous Jbrown which I painted and I was very happy with how it turned out. Let me know what you think. I'm especially proud of the first one!:woot:
bane1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0212.jpg
[/IMG]

Im really really impressed folks. Hats off to all of you.

NewImage12.jpg

IMG_09141.jpg

NewImageSDFGSD.jpg

This is my first post but ive been reading this forum for months now getting my Bane costume ready...i had a blast on halloween! Thanks to everyone here with the immensely helpful information and links!
With the boots on im about 6'6" and walk around about 250lbs...good times! cant wait to have a reason to don the costume again...friends and coworkers didnt recognize me...ive never shaved my head before

14274_3911677542973_1257497179_n.jpg

530782_10152224723690304_586689541_n.jpg

381802_3450643803459_295298371_n.jpg

559505_4888230131893_1028743091_n.jpg

It looks great!! I'd walk around as Bane all the time if I could. lol

Sooooo It's been a while since I heard back from the corset lady - she does a lot of ren faires though & I told her I'm not in a hurry so I'm not worried.

In other news I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year. Because I'm crazy like that.

I have a tendency to tuck my chin in all my pictures...Tom Hardy held his head up high...maybe a height thing for him...my chin tucking is because of 6 years of MMA/boxing...ill correct that for the Blu-Ray release party next month when i dress up again. I bought one of the bane masks from OTSTE...excited to see how it fits/looks

Sooooo It's been a while since I heard back from the corset lady - she does a lot of ren faires though & I told her I'm not in a hurry so I'm not worried.

In other news I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year. Because I'm crazy like that.

gl!

Holy, is that a one piece bust? It looks amazing, would be cool if the mask can be removed
It would be cool wouldn't it? :) however its not gonna happen haha. I got email from them saying its not "wearable" and for "display" purposes only -_-
:BA"I Pitty da foOo!" lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"