The Official Batman (1989) Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out my new desktop wallpaper (found on Bat - Blog):

1989-Batman-Movie-Wallpaper-1.jpg
This is amazing
Wonder how it looks without Tommy's logo

I came upon three B89 interviews courtesy of 1989Batman's YT channel.

Keaton Interview. He talks a little bit about 60s TV show as well.

[YT]CWvEfDecANg[/YT]

Sam Hamm interview back upon B89's release.

[YT]2vZZOycSeGg[/YT]

Bob Kane interview.

[YT]NJmmSem57TA[/YT]

It's sad that he doen't even mention Bill Finger. Who's really responsible for the creation of Batman. Throughout the short interview Kane says stuff like "my creation". And has the nerve to say that "when he's a 120 years old that WB and Leonardo could send him the residuals and he'll invest with the angels." Too bad he never considered investing with Finger.

I came upon three B89 interviews courtesy of 1989Batman's YT channel.

Keaton Interview. He talks a little bit about 60s TV show as well.

[YT]CWvEfDecANg[/YT]
I love it when Mary said at the end "The movie Batman Begins..."

Batman 1989 is the movie that I have watched the most in my life. I'll never get tired of it.

It'll be 25 years old next year... amazing. I still love it, I wore my VHS out as a kid.

And now the Blu-ray as an adult. :woot:

^Holy crapola! Thanks for sharing... pre-ordering now...

Looks good, and even has a creepy vibe to it. Makes me wonder what else is coming from the Burton films.

When are they going to move onto Batman Returns?

Batman's screen time being very limited a side, this movie is perfect inside my brain.

I too have been wondering why there are simply no Batman Returns Hot Toys out!?!

Btw, anyone know the point of the ugly pronged bat-symbol on Keaton's suit? The logo didn't use it, but the suit did...

Btw, anyone know the point of the ugly pronged bat-symbol on Keaton's suit? The logo didn't use it, but the suit did...

I could be wrong, but my mind seems to recall an interview where Burton said he thought it was more masculine or... something to that effect

I could be wrong, but my mind seems to recall an interview where Burton said he thought it was more masculine or... something to that effect

Yep... thats right. He wanted it to have a more masculine and aggressive feel.

I liked it.

Woah, what is this?

8741340554_dd6f971b8c_o.jpg

My god yes!!! :shock:wow::wow:

That was my favorite Joker look in the entire movie. It's what I picture Burton pictured The Joker as in his head. I hope this means possible Vicki Vale, Alfred and Bruce Wayne figures before they move on to Returns? if so then I'm glad I'm interviewing for new jobs right now cause I really would buy them all. Hell I'd buy a Knox, Bob the Goon or Lando Dent figure.

I wonder if Hot Toys will make the Joker that hides his real look in the movie.

I wonder if Hot Toys will make the Joker that hides his real look in the movie.

Yeah I'm surprised they didn't do that one first (with the museum outfit) and the "melted" makeup.

I always enjoyed that moment in BF. The music and everything in that moment made it more profound, imo. And he looks that way b/c he nearly got burned to death.

I always enjoyed that moment in BF. The music and everything in that moment made it more profound, imo. And he looks that way b/c he nearly got burned to death.

Yes, I know. I was more being funny than critical in the above post.

I watched Batman again a while ago tonight and two things came to my mind that bug me.

1. What was up with Alicia? What made her think it was okay for Joker to spray her face with acid?

2. Before the batwing got shot down, Batman saw Joker's long gun before he pulled the whole thing out. Batman could have dodged out of the way since he saw it but kept coming to his direction.

3. This doesn't bug me but, doe's anyone else realize that the prostitute was interested in the jail bait boy based on her action? I have never seen or heard anyone discuss this piece of the movie. I am intrigued by the fact that no one has ever touched on this portion.

4. I got this feeling that Alicia killed herself on purpose cause Joker wanted Vicky Vale.

Last edited:
The batwing isn't that big, he had room to wiggle around and could have tilted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"