The Official Batman (1989) Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to make it to where it's not really small width wise.

I like the mash-up pics. I'm not a fan of the Keaton/Hathaway one though. As much as I love Anne, her Catwoman pales in comparison to Michelle's.

My favorite of the mash-ups is Heath's Joker wearing the sunglasses.

My favorite of the mash-ups is Heath's Joker wearing the sunglasses.

Which is specially funny when you consider Tim Burton's Joker art concept:

burton-joker-5-pl_zps55603a97.jpg

More here: http://filmsketchr.blogspot.com/2012/01/waitll-they-get-load-of-tim-burtons.html#.Udt_k210l2H

That'sore like a cross between Scarecrow and Tom Baker's Doctor Who.

Most Tim Burton designs do. We can count ourselves lucky that Batman was wearing a cape and not a raincoat.

Most Tim Burton designs do. We can count ourselves lucky that Batman was wearing a cape and not a raincoat.

I read we had more chances of that with Nolan. Burton loves capes. I read he saw Batman visually as Phantom of the Opera.

Last edited:
Yes, I was just embellishing the point. There is a very defined "Burton" typology for character designs.

What did you guys think about the Bat symbol in this film?

batman_logo.gif

I always thought it looked really cool, but not as cool as the regular (without the two extra tips) symbol. But I always found it weird and hilarious that the poster and cover art didn't feature the two extra tips :p

I always thought this was a unique and very stylish way to represent the Bat-symbol. As far as not showing it anywhere else but in the film, the actual symbol is trademarked and DC and WB had to use the familiar symbol in marketing.

The film as a whole is a masterpiece and one of my favorite films of all time!

What did you guys think about the Bat symbol in this film?

batman_logo.gif

I always thought it looked really cool, but not as cool as the regular (without the two extra tips) symbol. But I always found it weird and hilarious that the poster and cover art didn't feature the two extra tips :p

Loved it. I would have kept it for the next movies. Looks like a bat and less like a caricature than the usual one.

The same artist did those for BTTF, except every poster was a different version of the Delorean for each part of the series.

Edit: Ahhh, I just looked it up. It's a different artist. Maybe he just used a similar design layout?

Last edited:
i like it also. Very nice work. The 89 Batmobile is the greatest car of all time!

FOUND THIS:

89batmobileart_zps4d40ed33.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He's wearing his flying suit, the ears flap so he can fly. Thats why its bendy. :o

I think he wanted to grate testicles like a block of cheese.

I bet you chaps have an interesting search history. ;)

As much as I love the Batsuits in the movies, I've always wondered why Foam Latex? The cowl and cape could have stayed the same, why not use a different material for the costume?

I just happened to look it up...

Adjusted for inflation, B89 is the third highest grossing superhero movie of all time. Behind only The Avengers and The Dark Knight.

Even unadjusted, it's still the 13th highest grossing film. Which is pretty impressive, I think, considering we've had at least 2 superhero movies release every year for the past decade now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"