The Official Batman (1989) Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it works the way he said it... he pulled the guy closer to him, he didn't need to be as loud & growly. I always thought that moment was epic. Never deconstructed it really... until now!

Oh yeah he pulled it off great. That's tied between Bale's one in Begins for me.

This is a near perfect movie to me. I just wish they didnt have the scene in the museum where Joker is painting things to Prince with his stupid goons...
Takes me out of the movie every time... so bad

In fact they shouldnt have even had all those goons, they were honestly pretty useless. Bob was the only one that served a purpose

Or if they had to have those stupid goons they shouldnt have all been wearing those insanely cheesy black outfits with the black sunglasses

Useless goons is classic Joker stuff. Can't rely on anyone these days, gotta do everything yourself, don't we?

Or if they had to have those stupid goons they shouldnt have all been wearing those insanely cheesy black outfits with the black sunglasses

Ha, that's what I was gonna say. It's not ghe goons, it's their very '80s style. It's more amusing to me, though. And I like the museum scene; it's certainly not like his defacing all that artwork, branding "Joker was here" on all them, is out of place for this movie, and the Prince songs...I guess they either work for you or they don't, but they work for me, in the way they score the party animal side of The Joker.

My idea of Joker doesnt listen to Prince and dance. :dry: I think its weird that Joker would listen to such popular music of the time. Id think hed have a more eccentric taste in music. Something more sinister. Prince is not what Joker would listen to, face it.

Well, I won't face it because I like it :funny:, but I take your point.

It's not always easy to spot, but their jackets were actually dark purple. I never noticed that until I got the movie on blu-ray. HD reveals all. Not always in a good way! The models for Gotham and those fake matte background paintings stand out even more.

Hahaha Im going to keep watching my normal quality dvd then.

and imagine Heath's Joker listening to Prince.... hahahahaa that wouldnt happen

I really like Heath's Joker, but Jack is still my favorite live action Joker.

It's not always easy to spot, but their jackets were actually dark purple. I never noticed that until I got the movie on blu-ray. HD reveals all. Not always in a good way! The models for Gotham and those fake matte background paintings stand out even more.

The HD really shows the artistry and detail put into the matte backgrounds and miniatures.

I love it.

Even though CG should be better than the classic matte background, it often isn't due to shoddy greenscreen work.

Ya if anything the blueray shows off the amazing showmanship put into the miniatures and backgrounds.

Hahaha Im going to keep watching my normal quality dvd then.

It doesn't spoil the movie but it does remind you that they are sets and models.

The HD really shows the artistry and detail put into the matte backgrounds and miniatures.

I'm sure a lot of effort went into doing the Batwing, too, but that doesn't mean I would want to see strings attached to it when it's meant to be flying in the air. I'd prefer to see these things without knowing I'm looking at sets and fake backgrounds. The behind the scenes features are the place to see the artistry and detail that went into making it. That's the thing with HD. It magnifies things like that from the older generation of movies (and some of the newer ones, too) and their special fx. It can be a blessing and a curse.

Last edited:
Yeah, you can see the models/backgrounds better, but its not as obvious as Aliens or Star Wars is. Those have some REALLY obvious special effects that pop out.

Yeah, you can see the models/backgrounds better, but its not as obvious as Aliens or Star Wars is. Those have some REALLY obvious special effects that pop out.
Totally agree with you when comparing 89 to especially the bluerays for Star Wars.

batman.jpg

batman-1989-01.jpg

Hands down (IMO) 1989 Batman is the greatest visual interpretation of the character.

Last edited:
Could someone get me a large blu-ray screengrab of this shot?

Attachments

• The Batwing!.png
    The Batwing!.png
    122.7 KB · Views: 15
I did love how Gotham looked in Schumachers films but it wasnt Gotham. It was something else. Something awesome though.

Schumachers was gotham on acid on steriods on pot.

It was an interesting interoperation, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"