The Official Batman (1989) Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much was it?

I've been trying to find a good deal on either the Keaton figure or the Batmobile.

How much was it?

I've been trying to find a good deal on either the Keaton figure or the Batmobile.

Are you talking about Hot Toys or NECA? There isn't a Batmobile for that one.

Gamestop has a great deal on that figure above that DaRkVeNgeanCe if that's the one you're talking about. Only $79.99 (pretty good when you consider other figures at that scale are in the hundreds). Mine actually just shipped yesterday.

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/batman-1989-michael-keaton-1-4-figure/108063

The one i'm talking about is the 1:18 Scale from Hot Wheels.

9gaDPK7.jpg

Oh, sorry I thought you were wondering about that Batman figure above.

I think that Hot Wheels Batmobile was rereleased during the summer which brought down the insane prices of the original. I think it can be found for $50 bucks.

MAT14425.jpg

I have a BTTFII Delorean 1:18 on my DVD shelf. I think if I had a B89 Batmobile 1:18 right next to it, it would make it that much more badass.

I needz!!!!!

I actually have the BTTF Delorean and Batmobile right next to each other on my display. I plan on putting the upcoming 4" '89 Batman figure next to it. If only there was a Marty and Doc in that size as well.

I bought the 1/18 Hot Wheels car when it first came out like '05 or so and I still have it, I have been wanting to get another one so I can convert it into the Returns version, but they have been going crazy $$$ I will see if I can track down the reissue. here is a pic of my 3 different 89 cars in different scales.

2v1k83q.jpg

big one is the 1/18 from HW, middle is a 1/43 scale from AMT/Ertl that came out when the film did, small one is a 1/68 scale HW that came out the same time as the 1/18 car.

Happy for you though I am, seriously - the Hot Toys version puts this one to complete shame.
Personally I actually like the NECA one more, it has the truly rugged look of the original suit. The Hot Toys does look good but it seems smoother and clean cut than the actual 89 suit, but that's just me.

The Hot Toys one is too idealized looking, not rough enough. The price is also ridiculous.

Does the batarang fold on this one? I don't think the Hot Toys one did (could be wrong though).

Yes the batarang does fold just like the one in the film.

The Hot Toys one is too idealized looking, not rough enough. The price is also ridiculous.

Honestly, do you own the HT version? If you did, you'd see there's no comparison really between the two. The HT one is much more screen accurate and is without a doubt the best figure purchases I've made. The suit looks very "rough" when you look at it up close... all the groves and lines are great. The only real gripe I have with it is the cape. It doesn't drape properly, and looks a bit daft... so I replaced it with a Tony Mei cape... and voila! Perfecto!

11361600506_3139a23eb7_h.jpg

11361638354_be15117f2d_h.jpg

I didn't like the price tag either, but it's fairly reasonable considering the level of quality. And now that I own it, I think it was worth the price paid. The 89 Batmobile on the other hand...

I think both look great, but I do prefer the Hot Toys more. Plus, can't you change out his face in the HT version?

Well to each his own but personally on the figures themselves I think it's great we can all sit here and talk about how excited we are that we have amazing 1989 Batman Michael Keaton figures in our collections, I've been waiting for years for something like this to happen and I am one very thankful bat-fan.

There's this woman I've seen a few times and her mouth looks exactly like Jack's.

Keaton's suit was ugly as hell. The cowl was fantastic. Cape? Pretty cool too. But the suit design + the bright yellow was just horrible. I didnt care when i was a kid, because that's what introduced me to Batman. But years later i can actually look at the belt, etc and just facepalm. I mean, it's still iconic in its own way...and immediately identifiable as Burton's version. I wouldnt change a thing about it because i know ppl love it, and i was cool with it once upon a time. But yeah, that's just how i see it.

It doesn't make sense to me, why the Batman would wear such bright colors over the black...when he's trying to go unnoticed and then be threatening when he needs to be.

I guess i just prefer all black, or a black/grey combo. Cartoons/comics are different because you can add a yellow symbol or add some blue..whatever, it's not real. But for a movie you have real actors, and try to pass it off to an audience that real civilians are around, seeing this Bat figure. The bright yellow just sticks out like a sore thumb to me in these movies.

Even when people know he's a man later on. The whole point is to make people believe (when he's starting out) that he's an actual overgrown bat-creature. Do bats wear bright yellow? No. So for me it doesn't make much sense unless the suit progressed into that.

Im not trolling, it really comes down to the belt for me. I think even Kilmer had the yellow symbol but i dont remember the super flashy belt sticking out. Was his belt even yellow??

Shauner I love how you always have to explain in every bashing post that you're not trolling you don't seem to really enjoy the Burton films that much, that much is apparent.

Keaton's suit was ugly as hell. The cowl was fantastic. Cape? Pretty cool too. But the suit design + the bright yellow was just horrible. I didnt care when i was a kid, because that's what introduced me to Batman. But years later i can actually look at the belt, etc and just facepalm. I mean, it's still iconic in its own way...and immediately identifiable as Burton's version. I wouldnt change a thing about it because i know ppl love it, and i was cool with it once upon a time. But yeah, that's just how i see it.

It doesn't make sense to me, why the Batman would wear such bright colors over the black...when he's trying to go unnoticed and then be threatening when he needs to be.

I guess i just prefer all black, or a black/grey combo. Cartoons/comics are different because you can add a yellow symbol or add some blue..whatever, it's not real. But for a movie you have real actors, and try to pass it off to an audience that real civilians are around, seeing this Bat figure. The bright yellow just sticks out like a sore thumb to me in these movies.

Even when people know he's a man later on. The whole point is to make people believe (when he's starting out) that he's an actual overgrown bat-creature. Do bats wear bright yellow? No. So for me it doesn't make much sense unless the suit progressed into that.

Im not trolling, it really comes down to the belt for me. I think even Kilmer had the yellow symbol but i dont remember the super flashy belt sticking out. Was his belt even yellow??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"