The Official Batman (1989) Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought my Neca 89 Batman last night. Can't wait to get that sucker in my hands.

I hope you love it as much as I love mine but a heads up make sure if you're going to display him standing use a doll stand (which it doesn't come with), mine fell off the shelf and the leg broke off because he doesn't like to stand straight. It really upset me greatly and I'm hoping that it can be fixed. :(

Yes it does very badly but it would always be worth it to me to just buy another one if I had to.

Yeah, I'd buy another one if I were you. Then get a cheap doll stand (for 18" figures) and put him on there. Just make sure you compare the headsculpts. The one you have might have the superior paint applications (especially around the eyes)

I thought of you when I saw this,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NECA-Tim-Bu...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

$_57.JPG

16 bids and ended for $57+ shipping, for a broken figure without the box! I thought that was insane. That's a pretty good turn around. Depending on the leg damage (I assume it's similar to that), you could sell it and buy a new one.

$57 for a broken figure? :wow:

I don't think I would have bidden.

That's the exact same spot, leg and way that the leg itself broke, must be a weakness to the figure, one things for sure the legs don't bend that well for posing him.

Anyone here love the last part of the film, starting with the Joker's balloon parade and the epic sequence with the Batwing? I can watch it over and over. Probably the best action sequence in any film, ever. I just think it's brilliantly executed. Considering they only had models and optical effects, it looks amazing. I think it's also the music but the visuals are fantastic in that scene. It also makes sense - Batman does a 'dry run' before he goes in a second time to secure the balloons, and a third time to strafe the Joker and his men. As for why he couldn't hit the Joker I have no idea. But that is THE batwing:

The-Bat-Batwing.jpg

Anyone here love the last part of the film, starting with the Joker's balloon parade and the epic sequence with the Batwing?

It was amazing and all done with practical effects. They used a miniature city.

I look to movies that use CGI and fail to see how is that better than practical effects. Look at Blade Runner, for example. I take that over any CGI city.

Yeah, I'd buy another one if I were you. Then get a cheap doll stand (for 18" figures) and put him on there. Just make sure you compare the headsculpts. The one you have might have the superior paint applications (especially around the eyes)

I thought of you when I saw this,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NECA-Tim-Bu...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

$_57.JPG

16 bids and ended for $57+ shipping, for a broken figure without the box! I thought that was insane. That's a pretty good turn around. Depending on the leg damage (I assume it's similar to that), you could sell it and buy a new one.

My only problem with this figure is that the cape is too short. I mean, they go through all the trouble to make a figure like this and can´t get the cape right?

I have a question about Axis Chemicals:

In the movie, I remember it being mentioned as a 'front company' for the mob (IE: used to conceal illegal activities). Was Grissom using it to launder money, or something else? It must have been fairly important as one of his goons says "If he ties us in with Axis Chemicals, then we're dead and buried." Although this was all just to set up Jack Napier, as the documents were already gone. Later, the Joker and his gang have taken over Axis Chemicals and used it as a base. So, I always wondered what was the exact connection.

Good question. I suppose narcotic production would be a likely explanation.

Anyone here love the last part of the film, starting with the Joker's balloon parade and the epic sequence with the Batwing? I can watch it over and over. Probably the best action sequence in any film, ever. I just think it's brilliantly executed. Considering they only had models and optical effects, it looks amazing. I think it's also the music but the visuals are fantastic in that scene. It also makes sense - Batman does a 'dry run' before he goes in a second time to secure the balloons, and a third time to strafe the Joker and his men. As for why he couldn't hit the Joker I have no idea. But that is THE batwing:

I agree. I still love the whole sequence: Batmobile blowing Axis chemicals up, Batwing at the parade, then the cathedral. And, as you say, no CGI, no endless numbing explosions, greats build-ups to everything. Lots of action. Great great stuff.

The Batwing at the parade is one of the most classic sequences for me, out of any comic book related movie, the miniature shot of the Batwing flying towards the matte painting of Gotham is purely iconic.

I like TDKR's Batwing
But you are right, this is far more beautiful

Yeah, I think both were pretty cool, but I'll always prefer the Batwing, just because it's clearly a Batman vehicle.

I like TDKR's Batwing
But you are right, this is far more beautiful
I love the Batwing and I did like The Bat, but remember The Bat is NOT the Batwing, I always find myself correcting people when it comes to that thing.

Looks great man, just like mine it's such an amazing collectible, I really prefer it to any of the other Keaton figures on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"