The Official Batman (1989) Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is still the best live action Batman movie.

I've watched Batman a couple times this year...and I usually say Batman Returns is my favorite, but I really appreciate Batman 89 a lot more after those viewings. Minus the Prince Music, which I do enjoy but can date the film, I feel the film holds up very well.

Despite the fact that I really like this movie, I can't help but feel it's not that great. It's good, but not great. And the Prince music makes this movie feel way too dated.

I did this bad boy tonight, just need to clean him up a little more pretty happy that I decided on this one this year.

That is too cool.

Just finished this and thought I would share.

904093_10151932879383205_1397471099_o.jpg

"Memories in the corners of my mind..."

I've watched Batman a couple times this year...and I usually say Batman Returns is my favorite, but I really appreciate Batman 89 a lot more after those viewings. Minus the Prince Music, which I do enjoy but can date the film, I feel the film holds up very well.

Even though the Prince music is dated, I still love it, especially the slow song. Makes B89 feel more like it captured a moment on time (a specific era) rather than the twisted fairy take that is Batman Returns.

I agree with that. B89 is a kind of cultural artifact. Calling it "dated" rather misses the point, in my opinion.

Hell, I like the Prince songs in 89.

I agree with that. B89 is a kind of cultural artifact. Calling it "dated" rather misses the point, in my opinion.

Every choice made in this and Returns in terms of design prevents it from being dated. The design is not timeless it's "out of time". The suits are from the 40's. The cars from the 80's. The music runs the gamut from the classical (the score) to standards (Beautiful Dreamer) to modern (prince).

Watching it again the other night I realized how good it was and how well it stands up still.

I just watched this movie last night. Yes this was my Halloween night movie of choice this year. I've always been a Batman fan since I was a child. But this movie is what really grabbed me and made me become a die hard fan, its what got me reading comics and the toys and etc. as a child. This movie I will always hold very close to heart.

During last nights viewing (its been a couple years since I watched it) had me smiling ear to ear, I'm sure I had to be looking like Jack's Joker the entire time. My wife is like you are such a kid :woot:

It funny during this viewing even more so than in the past I noticed several scenes that reminded me of something, then it hit me. Several scenes from TDK must have been a little wink back to this film as well I seen several scenes that were comparable. I've noticed this before, but I guess more stood out this time due to the fact I watched TDK not to long ago.

But anyway, long live Keaton and Batman 89 :ybat:

Oh, I miss my Batman 89/Returns/BTAS cave playsets.

I had that playset except it was re-used for BTAS toy line. I always wondered why the Batcave looked like the one from the 1989 Batman movie instead of the one from the Animated Series. Kenner always had a rep for re-using old stuff.

BatcaveCommandCenter-Front.jpg

That caveset was also used for the Batman Forever set (or B&R...cannot remember which.) I have one in my basement.

I still have the BF version.

It's got that green chemical plant thing on the back.

Which didn't appear in the movie...:hmm

This was the BF cave I had (or should I say "still have packed away somewhere"). It's epic. Multiple levels, elevator, zipline, and a trap for intruders. There's even a place to hang the Batwing (behind the computers).

bfbatcave.jpg

This was the BF cave I had (or should I say "still have packed away somewhere"). It's epic. Multiple levels, elevator, zipline, and a trap for intruders. There's even a place to hang the Batwing (behind the computers).

bfbatcave.jpg

Whoa. That looks like the tenth gate of Mordor.

Gotta love the overblown nineties.

Whoa. That looks like the tenth gate of Mordor.

Gotta love the overblown nineties.

If there's one thing BF and B&R were good for, it was the incredible toys.

^Whoa. More Keaton-Batman products? I'm in! :woot:

I'm still going to just be satisfied with the Neca it's all I can really afford.

I still have the BF version.

It's got that green chemical plant thing on the back.

Which didn't appear in the movie...:hmm
Lol I almost forgot that... the back of the Batcave had Axis Chemicals. I sure miss that playset. Wish I never gave it away.

I'm also excited to see a full preview of the Sideshow Collectibles Keaton Batman figure.

bfbatcave.jpg

Yep, I had this also... I combined this and the other one under our pool table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"