• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Batman '89 The Official Batman (1989) Thread - Part 6

Same.

As for Lithgow -- you snooze, you lose, bruh.

I think Nicholson was an awesome Joker. Burton was going more for a comic feel, and Nicholson perfectly fit in with his portrayal as Joker. He brings the comical side to the forefront.

33auzq1.jpg

I think Nicholson was an awesome Joker. Burton was going more for a comic feel, and Nicholson perfectly fit in with his portrayal as Joker. He brings the comical side to the forefront.

Even when the movie was comical, it was black comedy(like dancing to pop music among a room full of corpses). I don't understand anyone expecting the Joker to be totally humorless.

Reading the previous thread, and finding out Keaton smashed Pfeiffer.

Were they still together during BR?

tumblr_o8ge8jfdb21vuignso1_1280.jpg

Kinda hope DC does a new trade/HC for the comic adaptation one day (maybe the 30th anniversary). Would love to see that art in full.

I've still got the trades of the B'89 and BR adaptations, and the art is indeed super.

Are there any rumors or news related to new Burton Batman merchandise? With all these different companies making DC movie figures, it's hard to believe that none of them are interested than going back further than the Nolan movies. I'd love to see figures from Medicom, Bandai in their SH Figuarts line, Mezco, even DC Collectibles.

I'd specifically love to see new Nicholson Joker merchandise/collectibles.

Also, with all of the Batman '66 and Wonder Woman '75 comics/animation of late, the time has really come for a Burton-verse continuation/expansion comic book line and/or animated film series.

I'm hosting and doing an introduction at my local Alamo Drafthouse (DC Area) for the Batman 89 Movie Party tonight at 7:40pm. I'm pretty pumped about it. If any of you are in the area, there are still tickets available.

It was a blast hosting, and introducing my favorite Batman movie last night at Alamo Drafthouse DC Area. I also designed the graphic that was put up on the screen. Overall, great time seeing it on the big screen for the second time this year.

KqMtjOL.jpg

It was a blast hosting, and introducing my favorite Batman movie last night at Alamo Drafthouse DC Area. I also designed the graphic that was put up on the screen. Overall, great time seeing it on the big screen for the second time this year.
Congratulations! I wish I could've been there with you guys, so I could see it on the big screen with the crowd. How was the screening itself? How did it go, overall?

Man, that looks amazing. Wish you could bring it over to Ireland. :csad:

A theatre over here played the movie in the 70MM format (I was working at the time and couldn't make it). I wonder if it offered a significant improvement in the image quality?

http://ifi.ie/70mm-batman

That's pretty awesome, DV. Gotta ask since I went to an Alamo DH movie party this year (Clue), what were the props given to the audience? And did you play any games before the screening?

That's pretty awesome, DV. Gotta ask since I went to an Alamo DH movie party this year (Clue), what were the props given to the audience? And did you play any games before the screening?

Thanks guys, it was a real honor. For the movie party, we gave out a cap gun for the Axis Chemicals scene, fake 100 dollar bills to throw in the air for the parade scene and party blowers for the "This town needs an enema" scene. It looked beautiful too. It was a DCP directly from the studio and shown on a top quality 4K projector with a Dolby Atmos system (I only wish it had an Atmos track to go along with it).

Thanks guys, it was a real honor. For the movie party, we gave out a cap gun for the Axis Chemicals scene, fake 100 dollar bills to throw in the air for the parade scene and party blowers for the "This town needs an enema" scene. It looked beautiful too. It was a DCP directly from the studio and shown on a top quality 4K projector with a Dolby Atmos system (I only wish it had an Atmos track to go along with it).

That sounds awesome! Congrats.

Hey guys, big fan of the movie here and a long-time lurker, thought I'd finally contribute to the discussion :)

Man, that looks amazing. Wish you could bring it over to Ireland. :csad:

A theatre over here played the movie in the 70MM format (I was working at the time and couldn't make it). I wonder if it offered a significant improvement in the image quality?

http://ifi.ie/70mm-batman

I attended a screening of a 70mm print of the film at the Prince Charles Cinema in London at the end of last year, possibly the same print as the one you posted. It was the best I've ever seen the film - the picture quality was amazing, the print was literally in perfect condition, and the sound in particular was phenomenal.

I also got back last night from a screening of the film at the BFI IMAX in London, the biggest screen in the country. Unfortunately they seemed to be projecting the Blu-ray scan of the film, which didn't look great at that size. Again though, the sound was brilliant in places, and it's being shown again there next Thursday morning. They had some props/costumes from the film up for auction in the lobby too - I'll post some pics soon!

That sounds fantastic, I'd love to watch the film in such a fun environment. Great work putting on such a show :)

KqMtjOL.jpg

were-not-worthy-gif-11.gif

I don't know which fan created this, but I would be all for it. They'd never get Keaton, but still...

209hqb7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"