The Official Batman (1989) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I play Lego Batman and I hear the Elfman theme I get a nice feeling like Im a kid again watching the movie over an over an over... such a great theme

batman_1989_1.jpg

Michael_Keaton_Batman.jpg

JACKNICHOLSONJOKERGOSSIP.jpg

batman_vikki_lane_kim_bassinger.jpg

Watched this Batman few days ago, I still think it's better than RETURNS.

I prefer Returns, dont know why though. returns is my favorite movie, but I still LOVE this movie. I like Burtons movies over Nolans

I prefer Returns, dont know why though. returns is my favorite movie, but I still LOVE this movie.

All I'm gonna say it's a Tim Burton movie Batman/Bruce is even less appear in the sequel.

Thats completely true, but, its still my favorite movie.

Batman is just a monolith of a movie. It's a super-blockbuster. It's still exciitng to watch to this day, for me atleast. Every time, I'm like, "Wow, Batman."

I love it when Keaton says "I'm not going to kill you. I want you to do me a favour. I want you to tell all your friends about me." as the thug replies "What are you?!!" "I'm Batman"

Now that's iconic.

I love it when Keaton says "I'm not going to kill you. I want you to do me a favour. I want you to tell all your friends about me." as the thug replies "What are you?!!" "I'm Batman"

Now that's iconic.
I thought that was the corniest thing. The way Keaton pulls the guy to his face made me fall over and laugh.

Now that's iconic.
Hell yes! Best line ever! :batman:

Now that's iconic.

Abnsolutely. It was pure Batman.

And the first time I saw it I never expected that part to happen at the very beginning.

Now when I saw Batman jumping off the roof with Elfman's bat-theme over that I felt like my heart got frozen.

I thought that was the corniest thing. The way Keaton pulls the guy to his face made me fall over and laugh.

I can see Batman doing that, I don't think it's corny.

Hell yes! Best line ever! :batman:

AGREED.

Abnsolutely. It was pure Batman.

And the first time I saw it I never expected that part to happen at the very beginning.

Now when I saw Batman jumping off the roof with Elfman's bat-theme over that I felt like my heart got frozen.

Very comic booky (which I love it) when Batman jumps off the roof.

I can see Batman doing that, I don't think it's corny.

AGREED.

Very comic booky (which I love it) when Batman jumps off the roof.
I'm talking about the way Keaton does it. It's quick and it makes him look like a smart ass. Batman is suppose to ****ing scare the criminals, not act like a smart ass.

I'm not saying Batman wouldn't do that, but the way Keaton did it was poorly done.

I think you're using "smart ass" in a wrong context.

Probably because it does not make a whole lot of sense. The word denotes an irritating tone due to a cleverly haughty attitude. How in the world does that have to do with aggressively pulling someone in and declaring who you are?

Those who weren't of age in 1989 will never know how huge this movie was. The Dark Knight made more money, but Batman was EVERYWHERE in 1989. Hats, T-Shirts, etc. It was a cultural phenomenon, far bigger than just a movie.
As a side note, many think Batman made Taco Bell what it is today. It had the merchandising license for Batman in 1989 and everyone wanted the cups and toys. Now, every movie seems to have a fast food deal, but it was actually a big deal in 1989.

Batman 89 was shown on A&E today alongside Batman Returns. Looks great in HD.

I'm talking about the way Keaton does it. It's quick and it makes him look like a smart ass. Batman is suppose to ****ing scare the criminals, not act like a smart ass.

I'm not saying Batman wouldn't do that, but the way Keaton did it was poorly done.

It's done with precision and strenght, like Batman would do it. He was trying to give the guy the fright of his life... and he succeeded at it.

How is it to get someone closer to you to be an smartass anyways?

No, I'm not. You're just not getting what I'm saying.

Nobody is, in fact.

It's a laughing bag. It's a practical joke toy.

The Joker literally has the last laugh.[/QUOTE
I remember it being called Bag o' Laffs (or something like that) and seeing it at Spencer's Gifts many years before the movie. It was a real kick to see it there.
It was a battery powered box with a tiny speaker, similar to what was in talking dolls, in a cinch-top cloth baggie.

It's a laughing bag. It's a practical joke toy.

The Joker literally has the last laugh.[/QUOTE
I remember it being called Bag o' Laffs (or something like that) and seeing it at Spencer's Gifts many years before the movie. It was a real kick to see it there.
It was a battery powered box with a tiny speaker, similar to what was in talking dolls, in a cinch-top cloth baggie.
That's awesome, I would love to find something like that. Too bad I wasn't yet born at the time..haha

Batman is just a monolith of a movie. It's a super-blockbuster. It's still exciitng to watch to this day, for me atleast. Every time, I'm like, "Wow, Batman."
I know what you mean everytime I watch it I think to myself how inventive the SFX were back in the day with the use of miniatures, lighting, cinematography which are all taken for granted these days with CGI.

Bathead said:
I remember how naive people were that they thought Gordon had picked up the Joker's teeth inside the little bag. :whatever:

I know what you mean everytime I watch it I think to myself how inventive the SFX were back in the day with the use of miniatures, lighting, cinematography which are all taken for granted these days with CGI.

I remember how naive people were that they thought Gordon had picked up the Joker's teeth inside the little bag. :whatever:

People seriously thought that????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"