The Official Batman & Robin Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did it. I watched B&R last night, and all the way thru. This is the first time Ive watched this on the SE DVD, and the first time Ive seen it completely in years. I was quit amazed at how clear the quality was. The colors were very vribant, there were things that I never really noticed before as far as the detail in some of the set designs. It may be awhile before I actually set down and watch it again, but I can honestly say that I wasnt as apalled with some of the things as I used to be.

Except for the "BOMB", "BOMB", "BOMB". God that was stupid.

It's easy on the eyes, that's for sure. A visually beautiful movie, but not my taste.

I did it. I watched B&R last night, and all the way thru. This is the first time Ive watched this on the SE DVD, and the first time Ive seen it completely in years. I was quit amazed at how clear the quality was. The colors were very vribant, there were things that I never really noticed before as far as the detail in some of the set designs. It may be awhile before I actually set down and watch it again, but I can honestly say that I wasnt as apalled with some of the things as I used to be.

Except for the "BOMB", "BOMB", "BOMB". God that was stupid.
Good to hear, it seems everyone has been revisiting the Schumacher bat-films lately, I watched the B&R SE myself the other night, but I admit I fell asleep to it. I gotta say since Im a huge arnold fan, thats enough for me to watch it, with all of his corny ash lines.

Good to hear, it seems everyone has been revisiting the Schumacher bat-films lately, I watched the B&R SE myself the other night, but I admit I fell asleep to it. I gotta say since Im a huge arnold fan, thats enough for me to watch it, with all of his corny ash lines.

Yeah, I just watched the second half of it earlier. Love the suits and a lot of the set design, but there was just too much crammed in this movie to be good. Uma Thurman was really, really bad and Arnold's just...Arnold.

oooh i thought he was talking about the BF riddler, lol.

This is definitely my least favorite out of the four Batman movies. I don't like George Clooney and I hate how he butchers Batman. I'd say Arnold Schwarzenegger and Uma Thurman saved the movie for me, despite the overall campiness of the movie.

Pros:

Michael Gough as Alfred

Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze

Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy

Some of the action sequences were alright.

Cons:

George Clooney as Bruce Wayne/Batman

The dialogue

Way too much campiness

Some of the action sequences were lame. The museum scene is one of them. I mean come on.....ice skates?

Overall I'd give this a 6/10.

She was one of the worst things about the movie. If she ever steps foot near another Batman movie, she's gonna get a nasty surprise.....

She was one of the worst things about the movie. If she ever steps foot near another Batman movie, she's gonna get a nasty surprise.....

Id say the same myself, I really hated her in that film, from her voice to the designs of her costumes, not even sexy, ugly.

This is definitely my least favorite out of the four Batman movies. I don't like George Clooney and I hate how he butchers Batman. I'd say Arnold Schwarzenegger and Uma Thurman saved the movie for me, despite the overall campiness of the movie.

Pros:

Michael Gough as Alfred

Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze

Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy

Some of the action sequences were alright.

Cons:

George Clooney as Bruce Wayne/Batman

The dialogue

Way too much campiness

Some of the action sequences were lame. The museum scene is one of them. I mean come on.....ice skates?

Overall I'd give this a 6/10.

Man those are the worst parts...

The worst? Nothing is worse than George Clooney as Batman. :oldrazz:

Gough's Alfred was terrible (especially considering there was nothing wrong with him in the previous 3) and Arnold is Arnold, so thats a loss either way. Ivy was kinda corny. Bane was terrible. Alicia as Batgirl was shaky and Robin was stupidly out of place. All those factors were worse than Clooney. George just played himself and looked bored. Not great but not the worst offender either.

Its funny though cause if you watch the extras on the SE for B&R Clooney says how Keaton will always be Batman to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"