The Official Batman TAS Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTAS Episode: Cat Scratch Fever

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/53400878139/cat-scratch-fever-batman-the-animated-series

bz8bAjI.gif
dqErxEY.gif

IXrHSIF.gif
eJ6vqUA.gif

50TtYyC.gif
G5DOZqS.gif

ILVlC1g.gif
V1uMtTZ.gif

Ys0Teov.gif
crCZYb2.gif

Trivia

• Interestingly, this is the second time in a row in which Catwoman appears to save Gotham from a plague.
  • Cat Scratch Fever is a real disease that usually infects children after being scratched by a cat.
  • When Lucius asks Bruce if he thinks Daggett's up to something, Bruce replies, "That goes without saying, doesn't it?" This is almost identical to a conversation Bruce had with Alfred in "Appointment in Crime Alley" where Bruce says, "Roland Daggett's up to something Alfred", and Alfred replies, "That almost goes without saying, doesn't it sir?"
  • Selina's sweater changes from purple to red when she holds Isis and looks out the window to see Batman swinging away at the end.

The episode that ruined Catwoman. *sigh*

It hardly ruined Catwoman. It just wasn't one of her better episodes. She was sick in bed for most of it.

It was an ok episode. Daggett was actually pretty despicable in this using innocent animals to infect with a horrid virus.

Meh, never cared for Catwoman in this series (or, really, in most incarnations), so saying it "ruined" her does't really mean much to me.

BTAS Episode: I Am the Night

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/53492001321/i-am-the-night-batman-the-animated-series-btas

D0F0BXh.gif
8WXY9xm.gif

NIJ78S7.gif
wuxDXKN.gif

yGAyQy5.gif
WzGee7w.gif

kI0IPLN.gif
AcI5FHA.gif

PogbGbd.gif
4MPHdgb.gif

Trivia

• The police dispatch mentions the "corner of Adams and O'Neil", a reference to the comic book artist/writer team of Neal Adams and Dennis O'Neil.
  • Batman's words to Leslie, "I have promises to keep", echo the well-known first lines of the last stanza of Robert Frost's poem, "Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening". The following line is "And miles to go before I sleep", so the reference is apt.
  • Upon seeing Gordon lying wounded, Harvey Bullock gasps "Oh my God!" The line is strange, since the censors usually forbid any curse words of religious references. This is the third such curse in the series, the others being "Heart of Ice" and "Birds of a Feather". (See List of "God" utterances in the DCAU)
  • Seth Green, who voiced Wizard, would later go on to play another youth caught up in the criminal world: Scott Evil, the conflicted teen-angst filled son of Austin Powers' rival Dr. Evil.
  • The story arc "Batman: Officer Down", which ran through mainstream Batman comics several years after this episode's production, bears many similarities to this episode.
  • The convict that the Jazzman confers with in prison strongly resembles Spider Conway from "Vendetta".

I think this was a Sunrise episode right? Their Batman always looked a little funky to me.

One of my favourites, even if it gets a little too melodramatic at times. For e.g. the above gifs with Batman rambling about ''the night''.

Yeah that animation team always made Batman's emblem seem tiny on his chest, but overall I like their animation. "I Am The Night" always left a strong impression on me as a kid. It was a very emotionally powerful episode. Showing Batman questioning himself. It also showed how important Gordon was to his crusade. The moment where Conroy gives an angry roar after nearly destroying his cave over Gordon was beyond powerful. Definitely a moment that stayed in my memories. As well as when Bruce throws away his cowl in the cave, when he decides to quit. I found it disturbing seeing Batman depressed and nearly drained from the thrill of being Batman. The exchange between Batman and Gordon in the hospital towards the end was moving. I liked the ending with Batman motivated to fight crime again. It was very peaceful moment for Batman compared to most of the ep. One of their more darker and melancholic episodes. I also consider it one of their best eps.

the one thing I always loved about TAS is that they gave the villains their own unique musical cue just like they did in the 66 show and to an extent the pre Nolan films. that one episode where Batman is hallucinating and seeing all of his 'rouges gallery' and having the music cue shift from character to character is one of my fave TAS music moments.

Shirley Walker was the female John Williams when it came to instantly recognisable themes. :up:

"I threw a rock at him... it was a big rock." LOL it gets me every-time.

Love your gifs, Kane. :up:

That's right I'm call it "gif" than jif.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"